• longhaul64
    longhaul64 Posts: 124
    Options
    This thread is cracking me up! LMAO
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    2 words - Chastity Belt.
    Whoa.. wait a minute, hold up, that **** aint funny! My wife is always losing the key to mine!
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You know you made a lifetime commitment to this husband, right? It's going to be difficult to rehome him with these behavior problems. How would you feel if the next person to take him had to put him down?

I say work with him. You could get one that poops on the bed.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I think neuturing would do the job :laugh:
  • R2Bfit
    R2Bfit Posts: 2
    Options
    Just love on him, he can't help it. :wink: Men are generally the same in behavior. If it's not him behaving this way, it will be a different guy with the same behavior.
    You made a commitment.
    Thank God that he isn't worse than that. He will help you develop patience. The first year of marriage is the most difficult. I have been with my hubby for a total of 20 years. It gets better if you show him love and kindness (if he is a good person). How do you attract bees?
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    Just love on him, he can't help it. You made a commintment. Thank God that he isn't worse than that. He will help you develop patience. The first year of marriage is the most difficult. I have been with my hubby for a total of 20 years. It gets better if you show him love and kindness (if he is a good person). How do you attract bees?

Bacon and slutty behavior works on bees too?
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    2 words - Chastity Belt.
    Whoa.. wait a minute, hold up, that **** aint funny! My wife is always losing the key to mine!
    You keep believing that!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    This is funny! I vote for the spray bottle.

I've been with my husband for almost nine years and we've been through so much, mainly due to picking little things. I've learned to pick and choose my battles. Any small war can turn into a full-blown battle. What's most important? I HATE a dirty kitchen, doesn't bother my husband. So he leaves the counter littered with crumbs and sprinkles of hot sauce, the stove with flakes of pepper, dirty dishes on the counter and in the sink. It takes less energy for me to clean it up than to fight with him about it.

Most importantly....it will be done to suit me. He somehow always leaves something behind, like two forks and a cup in the sink. I just don't get it!! :huh:

I'll save my energy for something really important.
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have had this man for about 5 years total, although I only formally adopted him a year ago. Unfortunately, he is displaying a number of undesirable behaviors and I am considering rehoming him. I am trying to deal with the following behavioral problems:
    1) He never puts his things away, instead he leaves them all over the place, usually on the floor.
    2) He is very lax in doing his chores, for example, he will leave the dishes in the sink for days, even though we have agreed that when I cook, he will do the dishes.
    3) He talks while I am trying to work at home--mind you, he isn't talking *to* me, he is just commenting out loud about whatever he is reading in a book or reading/doing online.
    4) He constantly forgets to close doors, so our cats go places they aren't supposed to (e.g. the closet, or letting the unfriendly adult cat into the room with the kittens).
    5) He yells at the screen while playing video games, but he swears he finds video games enjoyable/relaxing.

I really do care about him, I mean, he is like family, but I just don't know what to do about all of these problem behaviors.

Too bad you don't have any "real" problems....
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    cattle prod.
  • Tanisse
    Tanisse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This made my Day!! I am dying over here!!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Just love on him, he can't help it. You made a commintment. Thank God that he isn't worse than that. He will help you develop patience. The first year of marriage is the most difficult. I have been with my hubby for a total of 20 years. It gets better if you show him love and kindness (if he is a good person). How do you attract bees?

Wonderful!!!! This is so true. My first two years of marriage I went through a surprise pregnancy, job change, buying a house, job loss, and a separation. Am I glad we worked it out (and let God work on both of us) YOU BET I AM!! My husband is my better (and messier) half.

You'll be getting a friend request from me in 3....2.....1.....
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have tears running down my face!!!!! I am taking notes!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Contact Ceasar Milan, he can show up and retrain him by making tsh...tsh.... sounds when he does something wrong. Also uses a tennis racket and a glare to keep him out of things.
  • Chanita1116
    Options
    Sounds too well behaved to have been a rescue.... did you contact the breeder? I dare ya....

love this!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    There's this place in Detroit that will buy them from you for fighting...

the weaker ones might become bait for the stronger to practice on though...so consider yourself warned :huh:

The Lions?
    ooh, good one!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Do *not* contact the breeder. They are very territorial. Although they are likely aware of the issues you discuss, they will blame you for them.

I find that small rewards work best. Rewarding good behavior as opposed to punishing the bad is the best way to go.

I find husbands like beer, pizza, and cookies.

You forgot sex, I'm just saying:laugh:
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    2 words - Chastity Belt.
    You keep believing that!
    It does seem odd that after she looses it, she always seems to find it a few weeks later... hmmm
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I have had this man for about 5 years total, although I only formally adopted him a year ago. Unfortunately, he is displaying a number of undesirable behaviors and I am considering rehoming him. I am trying to deal with the following behavioral problems:
    1) He never puts his things away, instead he leaves them all over the place, usually on the floor.
    2) He is very lax in doing his chores, for example, he will leave the dishes in the sink for days, even though we have agreed that when I cook, he will do the dishes.
    3) He talks while I am trying to work at home--mind you, he isn't talking *to* me, he is just commenting out loud about whatever he is reading in a book or reading/doing online.
    4) He constantly forgets to close doors, so our cats go places they aren't supposed to (e.g. the closet, or letting the unfriendly adult cat into the room with the kittens).
    5) He yells at the screen while playing video games, but he swears he finds video games enjoyable/relaxing.

I really do care about him, I mean, he is like family, but I just don't know what to do about all of these problem behaviors.

He Gotsta Go! Kitties come first!