Considering rehoming a husband.

Options

Replies

• geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Put pennies in a can and throw it when he misbehaves. ;)
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I considered the issues and have some "husband-whisperer" solutions for you since parting with him is possibly sad and/or financially difficult.

1) He never puts his things away - - SO - - put things away for him...for example, the dirty clothes on the floor are easily folded and replaced in his drawer. Eventually he will notice they are not getting washed unless they make it to the laundry basket.

2) He is very lax in doing his chores. He will leave the dishes in the sink for days - - SO - - serve him dinner on last night's dirty plate. As he scoops up lasagna and finds last night's broiled haddock in his mouth, he will eventually either do dishes or be hospitalized for food poisoning.

3) He talks while I am trying to work at home - - SO - - focus your attention on him intently. Follow him around and ask him to explain each thing he is doing. After 2 minutes and 14 seconds, he will tell you he needs to go to the bathroom, then he will slip quietly to the couch to watch tv if you pretend to look the other way. If he speaks again, repeat the focused attention on him. No husband can withstand focused attention for more than 8 minutes before he goes into shock.

4) He constantly forgets to close doors - - SO - - install cylindrical springs on all doors so that every door slams shut loudly as he walks through. Perhaps he will decide closing the door is better than hearing the slamming. He should be the one to uninstall the springs.

5) He yells at the screen while playing video games - - SO - - play along with the fantasy he is engaging in and yell, yelp, shout, grunt, whistle, or moan loudly after each of his vocalizations. He will immediately look at you and lose his game status which is troublesome to him. Eventually he will go mute so that you will too or he will turn off the game to focus on you if your moans were more interesting than the game. :blushing:

Best wishes with the ongoing training. Please don't be surprised if new behaviors surface once these are corrected. I am always available for consultation.

This is the best! LMAO
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I considered the issues and have some "husband-whisperer" solutions for you since parting with him is possibly sad and/or financially difficult.

1) He never puts his things away - - SO - - put things away for him...for example, the dirty clothes on the floor are easily folded and replaced in his drawer. Eventually he will notice they are not getting washed unless they make it to the laundry basket.

2) He is very lax in doing his chores. He will leave the dishes in the sink for days - - SO - - serve him dinner on last night's dirty plate. As he scoops up lasagna and finds last night's broiled haddock in his mouth, he will eventually either do dishes or be hospitalized for food poisoning.

3) He talks while I am trying to work at home - - SO - - focus your attention on him intently. Follow him around and ask him to explain each thing he is doing. After 2 minutes and 14 seconds, he will tell you he needs to go to the bathroom, then he will slip quietly to the couch to watch tv if you pretend to look the other way. If he speaks again, repeat the focused attention on him. No husband can withstand focused attention for more than 8 minutes before he goes into shock.

4) He constantly forgets to close doors - - SO - - install cylindrical springs on all doors so that every door slams shut loudly as he walks through. Perhaps he will decide closing the door is better than hearing the slamming. He should be the one to uninstall the springs.

5) He yells at the screen while playing video games - - SO - - play along with the fantasy he is engaging in and yell, yelp, shout, grunt, whistle, or moan loudly after each of his vocalizations. He will immediately look at you and lose his game status which is troublesome to him. Eventually he will go mute so that you will too or he will turn off the game to focus on you if your moans were more interesting than the game. :blushing:

Best wishes with the ongoing training. Please don't be surprised if new behaviors surface once these are corrected. I am always available for consultation.

Fantastic!!!!!!!! :) Love this...
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • Briszler75
    Briszler75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A good belly rub goes a long way to getting what you want :)

Dammit...now you tell me...I've been rubbin' the wrong thing all this time...

LMFAO!
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. I needed a good laugh today. (Although now everyone in the office is looking at me weird for laughing out loud....)

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I have had this man for about 5 years total, although I only formally adopted him a year ago. Unfortunately, he is displaying a number of undesirable behaviors and I am considering rehoming him. I am trying to deal with the following behavioral problems:
    1) He never puts his things away, instead he leaves them all over the place, usually on the floor.
    Left something on the floor? Clearly he doesn't want it, put it in a black bin liner and leave it outside the back door.
    2) He is very lax in doing his chores, for example, he will leave the dishes in the sink for days, even though we have agreed that when I cook, he will do the dishes.
    Next time he doesn't wash up, cook a fabulous meal, and sit down and make it clear that you're enjoying every wonderful morsel. When he asks where his meal is, tell him "You didn't fulfil your deal, I'm not fulfilling mine"
    3) He talks while I am trying to work at home--mind you, he isn't talking *to* me, he is just commenting out loud about whatever he is reading in a book or reading/doing online.
    Duct tape. Awesome stuff. :bigsmile:
    4) He constantly forgets to close doors, so our cats go places they aren't supposed to (e.g. the closet, or letting the unfriendly adult cat into the room with the kittens).
    Lock him out. He'll soon figure out that doors matter.
    5) He yells at the screen while playing video games, but he swears he finds video games enjoyable/relaxing.
    I refer you to my answer to question #3
    I really do care about him, I mean, he is like family, but I just don't know what to do about all of these problem behaviors.
    Stop letting him get away with them.

But if you're making him shape up, you'd better be damn sure that your own house is in order first! :bigsmile:
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Rolled up newspaper and if that doesn't work - unplug the video games at a really important part.

^ This is terms for DIVORCE. Ladies, don't EVER do that to your man - or vice versa.

#girlgamers #hashtagsaresuperlame

Agreed. We both yell at our screens. It ends up being a bonding (or at least commiserating) experience. :P
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options

OMG I just had to say "So funny and Thank You" made my night! I too have one who doesn't appear to be well trained. x
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Squirt bottle...

Hose might work better.

Attached to a pressure washer!

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

LOL! You just made my day! :D

& to those who are being all uptight & serious about the post...learn to laugh just a tiny bit, please? It will make your life much more pleasant!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha!!! These are so great!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Some very good tips - might have to borrow some.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Reading this post makes me always think of this image...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCTTa5pKZY-sNBhndONubQZDaLcRTcc0sM1916gxunlNv_FdlL-Q
  • socalsweetheart87
    socalsweetheart87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I'm going to use some of these :)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I read a lot of the responses to my husband. You guys are great!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Great post and love this response!
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Take him back before it's too late. You cannot train a man.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Leave the door open and maybe he won't find his way home.

I have similar issues and have tried leaving the door open, but he always manages to find his way home!
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I must say that Number 5 works quite well! I've done that to my bf and he'll look at me strangely, and after a couple times of doing that he shuts up, and no more sounds come out of him!