cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't. Heh. :tongue:

This :tongue:
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Shredded wheat topped with cottage cheese and mango

that sounds good! I think I will try that!
  • blondie60613
    Options
    As a small snack I eat it with cherry tomatoes. I only eat a 1/2 cup or so at a time, otherwise I don't like it. I am also known to just take one bite out of the container when I get home from work or before bed - basically whenever I feel hungry and need a little something something to tide me over.
  • Brenda_Breneman
    Options
    Classic side dish, cottage cheese and pineapple chunks.
    Some people eat it with peaches, think peaches and cream.
    Some people eat it with mandarin oranges, or fruit cocktail.
    Another classic side dish, served on individual sm. plates, a leaf of lettuce, cottage cheese on top of that, and a maraschino cherry on top of that.

I have a friend that mixes sliced green olives stuffed with pimento into it. I know, it sounds gross, but it's really quite good. Just rinse the olives first to remove some of the brine, slice them into thin slices, and then mix into the cottage cheese. It's pretty, and kicks it up a notch.
  • manu25
    manu25 Posts: 14
    Options
    Every afternoon, I eat 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and I mix in cubs of avocado (60g.). I really like it that way and it fills me up until my later dinner so I don't need to eat anything else from 3pm to 6:30pm.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese container in left hand.
    Fork in right hand.
    That's how it's done.
  • punkypants
    Options
    i thought about forcing myself to eat it today when i was at the store but then i looked at the calories, WOW way more then i want to use on something i have to choke down!
  • Brenda_Breneman
    Options
    will have to try this
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese chef central ...Who knew you could make so many creations out of a basic cottage industry food. MFP has opened my eyes to cottage cheese and refrigerator oatmeal cuisine ... :happy:
  • Brenda_Breneman
    Options
    We like to eat it with that kind of food too, it goes great with ravioli.
  • Macley
    Macley Posts: 45
    Options
    With Doritos
  • robertthesnail
    Options
    Only with a gun to my head and my family tied up and crying in the corner. I f*cking hate cottage cheese.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Only with a gun to my head and my family tied up and crying in the corner. I f*cking hate cottage cheese.
    this just made me actually LOL :laugh:
  • 2fluffy440
    Options
    I scoop it up with Triscuits - use different flavors everytime or pita chips/Stacy brand
  • gutschow
    gutschow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i eat my cottage cheese with some light yogurt, raspberry in particular!! delicious!!
  • KFJOI4JWGOJM
    Options
    I put it on top of my salad to replace my salad dressing :)
  • blairkelly32
    blairkelly32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I add it to smoothies, it creates a great texture, and in all honesty, you can't taste it at all!

I also like it plain, with a little nutmeg sprinkled on top!
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I buy Brookestone's cottage cheese doubles :D only 100 cals each!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I slit open a chicken breast and stuff it with spinach and cottage cheese. Bake in the oven. Or eat it with back to nature's crackers.