Its 2010...Please Join Me

Options

Replies

• rocal
    rocal Posts: 2
    Options
    I am starting today :D

Before kids I was slim, but putting on 30kg with each of my children (I have 2) has left me with a different body. I want to claim back a bit of what I used to have.
  • Keltinator
    Options
    I was skimming all the different exercise options, and one of them was instrument playing!? What do you guys think? I play three instruments, so naturally I spend many hours on them every week... but is that a legit exercise? I feel like it would be cheating to actually put that down and gain more calories everyday... what do you guys think?
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I usually only account for what I burn at the gym. Things like housework or me running around at work I dont add. Thats just my opinion.
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well I made it :) Another day at the gym done. Now for January I have two days on the board:drinker:
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    That is great! i have been working 14 hour shift so no gym yet but I will go on my days off

Also how often is everyone weighing in and/or doing measurements?
  • smboyle
    smboyle Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey everyone.. I'm in! Trying to lose a bunch of weight to be healthier, but as well me and my ex are trying to work things out. Very excited about that! the only problem is he's a bodybuilder and I'm overweight lol He says he loves me the way I am, but I would like to do this for him as well. I started at 225 and now am down to 205, but there is plenty left to go. Good luck everyone!
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Hi smboyle welcome! Good luck with your relationship....Im on a rocky path in mine too..we are still togethr but Iv made some mistakes and trying to make things better!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday (just for my own curiosity). :blushing:
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone :smile:

A new year...count me in!! I too am deperatly hoping that this will be the year to see some exciting changes, both physically and mentally.
    I finally have the emotional part more or less under control. Let's hope :ohwell:

Now, weigh in's on Friday's.. that should work.

Here's to us all ..Cheers!! (water of course lol):tongue:
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking water...i drink diet soda when im hungry to keep me from eating when I shouldnt....
  • ComputerNerd
    Options
    Hello I'm Rob. :O
    2010 is the year for many I suppose. This my first time using this site and I'm pretty excited. :D

Anyone got tips for a newbie?
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Hi Rob....Welcome....Biggest tip I can give is write down everything that you consume. Even if its a slice of onion, or a few tomatoes....they have calories even if just a few...those few will add up!
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am in! I weigh 257lbs, goal is 135lbs (I am 5'4"). I know this will not happen overnight, I would like to loose at least 57lbs by July 1st, I am taking my daughter to Disneyland for the first time and I would like to feel better about riding in an airplane, getting on the rides, being in pictures and of course who doesn't want a new summer wardrobe?
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

Id like to join too. Ive been a member since mid last year, was doing very well with an eating and exercise routine. Then work became very hectic and stressful!! So I slipped up.. Then christmas and new years holidays rolled around and many mores days of slip ups.. and many excuses here and there.

I know that 2010 is going to be HECTIC and STRESSFUL! as I am about to venture into a new business! I know that there is a huge potential for stress to become a HUGE excuse for me!!!

I realise I may slip up again... I realise I am able to come up with 101 excuses not to exercise, not to watch what I put into my mouth everyday.

So that is why I am here! Im hoping this realisation will stop me from falling into the same old bad habits..

Id like to join in to.. we all need motivation !!
  • jbourque
    jbourque Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I[ve been siging in. I was doing rather well in about October and well since then I fell of the wagon.......This is the year. It has to be. Every year I say the same thing and end up unhappy that I'm not any further. But this year in August I am getting married and want to wear the most beautiful dress. IT WILL BE THE YEAR!!!! It's much easier when you have the support and this site is great.
    241320.png
  • Farasha
    Farasha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi NewBeginning,
    I would love to join you. Your situation sounds a lot like mine. Thanks for this thread. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Welcome Farasha, jbourque, Jaymie, and Nicmc8. Im glad you joined us. So far this has been great support from me and we have wonderful people with all different goals that have joined.
    I have fallen off the wagon as well like some of you. the big mistake that I make is I let it punish me for good by giving up completly. We are human and mistakes happen. Im always here for support and i check in often thanks to being able to at work :)
  • startfromscratch
    Options
    Hello NewBeginning2010, I'd love to join you as well. I've been down the dieting alone path before and it hasn't been as successful as I'd like it to be. I've been on and off dieting for the past 3 years and some how managed to gain 22lbs instead. I started today and I, too, am determined to make 2010 my year!!!! I've got big weight loss goals overall but I'm starting small so that I don't get discouraged and keep motivated. My first goal is 10 pounds. Once I get there we'll see what else I can do!
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic thread you've started NewBeginning!

Im back at work today, its been hard trying not to think about food!! Its finally lunchtime and Im having a healthy salad with a natural greek yogurt as my dressing.

This afternoon Im going to do a 30min work out (Jillian Michaels 30day shred).

Im going to aim to make small changes everyday. Maybe cut out the odd sweet bar or make myself walk a little further. Im hoping the little things I do each day will make a big difference by the end of this year!!!

:wink:
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Thank you Jaymie.....I love starting threads and going on for awhile and seeing how may posts we have in a year! Im greek id love to hear your receipe for the dressing and maybe the nutrition on it if its handy :)
    Welcome startfromscratch. i think small goals is the way to go! start small and take it day by day..i should take my own advice!