5'9 Ladies whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• after_the_rain
    Options
    My first goal is just to get under 200, I have a long way to go. Then I'll just go by how I feel and how fit I am, I don't think I have an ultimate goal weight, maybe 160-175?
  • tebcolorado
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 175. I used to weigh that in high school and looked really good. I have a large frame (can't touch my index finger and thumb together around my wrist) anyways so I know somewhere around that weight is very realistic for me. I will be happy honestly to just get under 200 first and then I'll see how I feel then :)
  • wrk4mine
    wrk4mine Posts: 11
    Options
    i'm 5'9'' and im currently in an 10 i aso weight 185 at the moment love the size i'm in now my problem is my tummy area I absolutely love the way my pants fit now
    Mine is 130. I wouldn't mind knowing what other 5'9" ladies are wearing in pant sizes. With 12 pounds left, I am wearing a size 10. For someone much shorter, one might appear plump wearing a size 10. What do you other 5'9 ladies say?

Yes, and when you wear a smaller size, what do you do about pant length?

So I'm around 139 right now. I wear a 4 or a 6 - depends on the cut. I shop at places like the Gap or JCrew where I can get a long inseam.
    [/quote]
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" on the dot and my goal is <15% bodyfat, possibly <10% (temporarily) if that's what it takes to shrink loose skin without surgery, and I've read that going to a very low bodyfat percentage and staying there a short while can do that. Based on pictures I've seen of various women around my height I'm guessing I might get there around 135-125lb if I have a moderate amount of muscle. Strong, but not bodybuilder. So my fuzzy ultimate goal is 135. My current goal is <195lb, which would put me in the "overweight" category, then the next one after that is <165lb, which would put me in the "normal weight" category, then on to 135lb.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I started at 211lb (January 2012) and am currently at 170 lb with goal weight of 135lb...
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    i know im not 5'9 but i am 5'8 and im 217lbs i was just wondering if my goal weight being 126lbs is too low? ive never actually been skinny so i dont know what a good low weight would be for my height
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    5'9
    216.9lbs

My current goal is to get under 200 then in increments of 20lbs until I get to 140.

Thanks!!!

Mine, exactly!
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Are there any 140lb 5'9" ladies who would be willing to share pics? I wonder how 140lb look on a tall frame!
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    I'm 5"9 and going for 165..... slowly slowly slowly..
  • merollman
    merollman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    the depo shot took me from 170 to 220 in a matter of months... hate that shot!

Gaining weight with depo is very common. As a pharmacist, my friends and family ask me about birth control options frequently and while not every gains with it, I'm hesitant to recommend it.
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    5'10

SW: 167
    CW: 159
    GW: 140
  • brittmar25
    brittmar25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am 25, 5'9. Current weight: 215.5 Happy weight: 170. I look too thin if I am any smaller (I have been everywhere from 150 to 225).

I don't want to be a size 2. I want to be a perfect 10 again :]
  • galecolleen
    Options
    Hello. I'm 5'9" and currently weight 311. Obviously, I have a long way to go. My first goal is to reach 250. Ultimately, I'd like to be 160-170. It's going to be a loooooong journey.
  • julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also 5'8 and am at 156.6. My goal is at 145 but l'd love to see 139!! Any lower and I start looking really thin.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my original goal weight was 155 which I reached over a year ago. I felt great. I am now aiming for 150! I spoke with a nutritionist who also said 150 would be a good goal as anything lower for my body type would be too low.
    i'm 5'8" and my goal weight in 155 at the moment ~70kg and i havent been that since i left school for uni at 18 and that was with at least 3 2hr games sessions a week fingers crossed
    so I will see how i feel when I get there!
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Are there any 140lb 5'9" ladies who would be willing to share pics? I wonder how 140lb look on a tall frame!

www.mybodygallery.com
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've posted on this thread a while back. My fat loss goal will get me to 175. I may put more muscle on after that. I'm really going for a certain physique. That could land me at 185.....but it could make me want to be 165. That's the range and I think I will know when I get closer to that goal.
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    www.mybodygallery.com

I second that. That's how I figured my fuzzy "goal weight."
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I am between 5'8 and 5'9. I don't have a goal weight, just a goal size. I want to be in a very comfortable size 7. I have been there before and really miss it. I have been in a 6 but I have very muscular thighs so jeans have to have some stretch in them. At that size I wore size 4 in skirts/dresses though. I am a 9 now, sometimes I can wear a big size 8.

I don't care what the scale says. In fact, to me the higher the better because the more I weigh, the more I can eat!!
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and like many of you have struggled my whole life. In high school I thought I was SUPER fat- at a size 12. Now I know how great I looked then. But being 5'9 and genetically having extremely large breasts made me very self conscious, stoop over, and thus appear bigger than I actually was. The summer before my 19th birthday I had a breast reduction. It was the best decision I have ever made in my life! And that was 19 years ago! I didn't do it to lose weight, I did it to relieve the back pain, stop the 1" ditches in my shoulder, and be ABLE to exercise, which I couldn't do without getting a black eye. They cut off 7.5 lbs to get me to a D cup.

Why do I tell you all that? Because I have never been "thin" and have always had to fight for clothes to fit either on top, or for length. So my goal is this:

SW: 240
    First Goal: 220
    Second Goal: 195 (it's a mental thing about being definitively under 200)
    Next Goal: 175
    NSV: Wear a size 14 pants from a non-plus size store
    At this point I will reassess where my body is and determine if I am still looking to lose/tone or if I am at a place to maintain.

Mallorie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!