Is there anyone that eats more than 1200 calories a day??

Options

Replies

• thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Um yes. 1200 is actually far to low for most people, especially active people who aren't eating back their calories.

I'm 5'4" currently somewhere between 125-130. Even at my starting weight of 145, I was eating about 1300 a day. Considering most people are taller or weigh more than me, they will be eating more than that. Now I eat between 1400-1700 a day and usually. More on days I work out.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I'm usually between 1200-1300 or so
    I'm not grouchy and I am not depriving myself of anything (except beer & pizza for now)
    I make sure i'm over my protein and fiber for the day. For me that's the key.
  • katiesparks93
    Options
    I am on a 1220 calorie a day limit. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and there aren't many calories in there. I don't suffer because I'm actually eating stuff that does fill me up and I'm happier and more energetic because my metabolism is up from eating such clean foods. Yes, I do eat breads and pastas, but I cut back SOO much. About a month and a half ago I was eating over 2700 calories a day. I did a diet with someone (cut out all breads, pastas, potatoes, candy and soda) for two weeks and it was the best thing I've ever done. That was the only time I suffered.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    1900 calories here and loving it! I've been losing pretty steadily, too.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Aim for 1320 and if I walk (3 times a week), I tend to eat those calories back simply bc Im hungry.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1390 + exercise calories (Most days I burn about 500 during exercise)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I typically do 1500-1700 a day. I tried dropping it to 1300, and I lost for about a week and a half, and then stopped completely. So I upped it again to 1600. On workout days, I eat almost all of my calories back because I don't have a HRM and I go by MFP calculations, which are typically too high.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am losing steadily at about 1700-2000 a day. That largely depends on exercise though. I'd say my "net" calories are more like 1400-1800. Do what you're doing until it fails really. Some people may have to eat that little for various reasons, but I'm sure I'd be quite the unpleasant person too if I was that hungry!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ever stick to 1200 calories a day. I started out on 1500 a day until I joined here and realised I should have been eating closer to 1900 but with the weight lost that is now around 1700 a day but I manage to accrue another 3000 exercise calories per week too usually :-)
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    1400 right now, but I'm slowly upping to 1900!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I think I have kept a 1200 calorie diet most of this week.
  • chamusic357
    Options
    I'm on a 1600 Cal daily intake. Usually have one day where I consume 2000+ Cal. Been working for me. So far, lost 22 lbs since April 2012 = ~5lbs/month. In fat loss mode mode now. Will up caloric intake in September when I hit the weights hard.
  • twycameron
    Options
    I am very short and go out to lunch frequently with friends and family. When I do this I find I have to not eat dinner to be able to maintain my 10 pound weight loss as I usually go over the 1200 calorie limit if I do. 1200 calories is not very much.
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    My calories per day usually run between 1300 and 1400. Sometimes they'll sneak up there but that's not often. When I first started dieting, I was trying to figure out what triggered binge eating so had scaled down to under 800 per day till I figured out what foods were triggers. I kept it at that level for several weeks to clear out my system and give me a chance to start fresh. With a dietician's assistance I began adding back good calories to the diet and now try real hard to keep it where it is plus exercise and still lose.
  • sdumma
    sdumma Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I set myself up on a 1200 cal/day diet. Although I do workout almost daily so that ups my calories a bit. For me if I eat any more than this I seem to gain really fast it's scary. I eat a frekin carrot and gain! But it is also easy for me to eat only 1200 cals being a vegetarian since birth. It is very natural to me to eat clean this way
  • DenimDiva
    Options
    I just came back here after a few months break. I lose a lot of friends if I'm only eating 1200 calories a day! lol! I have found that eating 2250-2500 healthy calories and exercising so that I burn off 1000-1500 calories is the best thing for me.
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I AM AT 1500 I EAT SOME OF MY CALORIES BURNED BUT NOT MUCH OF THEM
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have MFP set at 1700 calories a day bc that is what Insanity helped me to figure out that I need daily. I also eat lower carbs (mostly from fruits and veggies.) I tried 1200 calories/day and it wasn't enough for me personally.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be on a 1200 calorie diet but I struggle to eat 900. I have special circumstances though. I've been averaging about 800 calories and i have started to incorporate juice drinks for calories.

You have probably heard this already but in case you haven't:

Chia seeds
    Nuts
    Nut butters
    Protein shakes

All good ways to get a few nutrients/cals in quick without feeling really full. I hope that helps you get closer to reaching your goal!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Never done the 1200 a day thing. I'd also be very evil!