Most embarrassing "fat" moment....

Options

Replies

• Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I use to go to Pole Fitness class.. 70lbs over weight.. (and still about that now! but it's shifting! YAY) ..

My FRIEND.. had lost about 30lbs of her own... (she is a lot smaller than me)

I used to go to the class with lots of others, (incl her) ..... and I knewww I was the biggest one in class.

One day.. a long time later.. My FRIEND (hello??) .. said to me .. ' I admire you for have the guts to go to the Pole Class and working out in front of everyone, there is NO WAY I could have done it when I was heavier, I really didn't want to look like THAT!, you do well having the nerve to do it at that size.' ..

:ohwell: :noway: :sad:
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    in high school i was the fat, funny, weird looking one who was best friends with the hot blonde.... when a guy would talk to me, they would always "woo" me and then ask me to talk to my best friend to get her number for them...
  • NalliMae
    Options
    That happened to me 5 times in the same day. Why I kept trying, I don't know. But now, I can ride anything, and believe me, I do! Hello Disney World!
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Being the only fat one at a family meal and certain people looking at me, i wanted to cry!
  • Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    At my father's funeral some of his old friends made a great fuss of my daughter and then said "And this one must be due very soon." I cheerfully (!) said I was just fat. They were just mortified, having tried to make bright conversation at the wake! I don't know who felt worse........
  • lshaunessy
    Options
    Mine was when my father-in-law told me that I needed to lose weight because if there were ever an emergency and I was unconcious my husband would be able to get my fat *kitten* out the door without a crane.

oh wow... I'm so sorry that is terrible

My husband came late into his parents lives, they were in their late 40's when he was born, so that would have made his dad in his 80's when he threw this comment my way. No excuses for him, but he was from a totally different generation and had no problems telling you his opinion on anything lol.
  • kens07
    kens07 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree! My boyfriend of a couple of months ago, told me that hes glad I lost weight because I was so ugly. "But its okay youre hot now!" Guess who is no longer a boyfriend..but an ex. :/
  • Hope502012
    Options
    I use to go to Pole Fitness class.. 70lbs over weight.. (and still about that now! but it's shifting! YAY) ..

My FRIEND.. had lost about 30lbs of her own... (she is a lot smaller than me)

I used to go to the class with lots of others, (incl her) ..... and I knewww I was the biggest one in class.

One day.. a long time later.. My FRIEND (hello??) .. said to me .. ' I admire you for have the guts to go to the Pole Class and working out in front of everyone, there is NO WAY I could have done it when I was heavier, I really didn't want to look like THAT!, you do well having the nerve to do it at that size.' ..

:ohwell: :noway: :sad:

I hope THAT is no longer a 'friend'!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    That happened to me 5 times in the same day. Why I kept trying, I don't know. But now, I can ride anything, and believe me, I do!

*eyebrow waggle* :love:
    Hello Disney World!

Oh.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I didn't have one. I was ridiculed for being skinny for most of my life. I gained 30 pounds and everyone got nicer. Lost it all and I'm back to putting up with a bunch of *****es :)
  • Hope502012
    Options
    I agree! My boyfriend of a couple of months ago, told me that hes glad I lost weight because I was so ugly. "But its okay youre hot now!" Guess who is no longer a boyfriend..but an ex. :/

Glad to hear he's an ex - you can do better girl!

Best wishes from 'fourth-time-lucky-with-husband' and appreciating every moment! :happy:
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Probably when I went to a movie with my SO and realized that the only way I could fit in the seat was to shove myself down and the arms of the chair were literally cutting me. I was in silent pain for two hours because there was no way I was going to ask him to leave the movie because I was too fat for it. I had big ol' bruises on both sides of my body after and I told him I tripped down the steps bringing in groceries.
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it's any one moment. What I'll never forget is the way people would either not look at you or have that look of pity on their face. And, of course, all of the things you can hear but act like you can't. People can be extremely hurtful. But, you know what, **** them.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    At my father's funeral some of his old friends made a great fuss of my daughter and then said "And this one must be due very soon." I cheerfully (!) said I was just fat. They were just mortified, having tried to make bright conversation at the wake! I don't know who felt worse........

I had kind of the opposite problem. People didn't realize I was pregnant because I was so fat all around.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My sister (5 feet tall, size 0 or 2) and I were browsing around Ann Taylor and I kept picking out stuff for her to try on. She asked me why I wasn't trying anything on and I told her they didn't carry my size. She said, "Oh I've seen big sizes here...like 10." :\ She meant well but I'll never forget it.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Probably when I was baby sitting and the little girl asked me if I was going to die from my weight right in front of all my friends.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    My wedding night dinner (I eloped), at a fancy steakhouse, they asked if we wanted to sit in half booth's - I said yes, because I thought of Chili's restaurant and their half booths they have. The booth was waaaaaaaaaay smaller than that, obviously meant for really thin small people, I barely fit but we made it work. I was mortified and uncomfortable the entire time.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I was at a 20/20 Visoin Center getting new glasses and the wood chair exploded under my wieght and I ended up on the floor. I did have a hard time getting up. It sucked and I have never been in a 20/20 Vision Center since.
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well there is the common courtesy aspect of allowing room for the other vehicle to open his door so he can drive home. If the OP couple used your strategy the first driver would have been stuck.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'll second the day I was told that I couldn't fit on a roller coaster and had to exit in front of 100s of people at the Mall of America. EMBARRASSING! Also, I was told that I couldn't ride a horse because I was too big. :(