What is your 'go to' healthy snack?

Options

Replies

• PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    All these things have already been mentioned, but for me it's hard boiled egg, an apple, yogurt, or almonds
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I want a snack I find that I'm really just thirsty. For the last 5 weeks or so, I've been drinking a tall glass of crystal lite or similar. It's working for me so far. I have nearly eliminated nighttime snacking.....but introduced night time trips to the bathroom :) If I'm really hungry a hard boiled egg does the trick.
  • kford9
    kford9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and pineapples; almonds; apples w/peanut butter...but if my sweet tooth is really bad: pudding cup w/vanilla wafers
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My snack is usually protein - Greek yogurt, deli meat (I like Hormel Natural Choice ham or turkey) with Dijon mustard mixed with a tiny bit of mayo, sometimes string cheese or a hard boiled egg.
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are the chobani champions greek yogurt, fresh coconut water (it fills me up quick for some reason) and vitatops.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Homemade protein bars--I make the Jamie Eason ones in chocolate, carrot cake, and pumpkin walnut. They're sweetened with Stevia so they satisfy a sweet tooth and get your protein in at the same time. Top the chocolate ones with peanut butter, and top the others with cinnamon or nutmeg. Heat in microwave--I don't know how I lived without them!!!

Here are recipe links if anyone's interested: Don't overcook these or they dry out!! Cut up and store in fridge until you're ready to eat. I eat a couple of these with a cup of strawberries...DELICIOUSNESS!! :)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-chocolate-protein-bars.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-carrot-cake-protein-bars.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-pumpkin-protein-bars.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-lemon-protein-bars.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-cinnamon-swirl-protein-bread.html
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love any flavor of Laughing Cow cheese wedge (35 cal.) spread on a Doctor Kracker pumpkin seed cheddar cracker (100 cal). Just enough crunch to satisfy me! :-)

Lol I eat this exact snack all the time! I alsp love apples and pb or navel oranges/ grapefruit and veggies in general. Greek yogurt too :)
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    fage 0% fat
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Almonds
    Yogurt
    Dark chocolate
    Fruit smoothie
    Animal Crackers
  • katesnewbody
    katesnewbody Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    CANTALOUPE.
    FREAKIN'.
    CANTALOUPE.

For a mere 200 or so calories, a whole medium Cantaloupe is a scrumptious, juicy, and refreshing little melon PACKED with vitamins C and A, and it's a great source of fiber!
    So, it;s mainly water, AND it's high-fiber! Definitely keeps away the hunger until my next meal, and it refreshes me after a long, hot afternoon!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    VitaTops

Kind of an expensive addiction of mine as well. All flavors. Amazing when paired with a vanilla protein shake for what feels like a cheat meal!

Other than that, Black seedless grapes for a sweet fix or popcorn for a salty/crunchy fix.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    For my late night snacks usually an apple with 2 tablespoons of peaut butter

But sometimes I have half a cup of plain greek yogurt and flavor it with 1 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce and 1 tsp cinnamon; 1 tsp vanilla extract and 14 cup dry oats or 1/2 tsp mint extract and 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with honey and a couple dashes of cinnamon and some berries. delicious
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    CANTALOUPE.
    FREAKIN'.
    CANTALOUPE.

For a mere 200 or so calories, a whole medium Cantaloupe is a scrumptious, juicy, and refreshing little melon PACKED with vitamins C and A, and it's a great source of fiber!
    So, it;s mainly water, AND it's high-fiber! Definitely keeps away the hunger until my next meal, and it refreshes me after a long, hot afternoon!

So true, LOVE cantaloupe!
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    air popped pop corn sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray, and some lime salt.
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Almonds! No salt or low salt... Emerals has an awesome dark chocolate almonds...
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    almonds
    hard boiled eggs
    cucumbers
    cold asparagus
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    edamame is the best!
  • cathylynda
    Options
    i love cape seed bread with diet raspberry jam, really filling and you get a sweet taste with the jam. Ive lost 33lbs so far and have this as a late night snack all the time.