Twilight Saga ECLIPSE Challenge

Options

Replies

• IsabellaCullen
    Options
    Talkative is good!!! :) (As you can see from MY posts!!)

And I'm still getting used to some of the new changes here on the forums!! I never participated in them previously as I found them to be difficult to navigate, but I'm liking the new style!!

Glad that you've all found the thread & are signing on! I'm "friending" everyone who signs on, so you're kind of stuck with me! haaha

As for weigh ins, that's up to you! I know that we all have different schedules, and different ways of doing things. For instance, as much as I know you're NOT supposed to do this, I step on a scale at least every other day. I don't freak over the numbers - I just like to keep an eye on things to make sure that things aren't getting out of hand. (Obviously, I've turned a blind eye for the better part of the past year). But I only 'record' my set weigh in day - Monday.

WannabeaCullen -- absolutely listen to your doctor!! I wish you luck in being able to get things back on track! I know how hard it can be (I watched my mom go through something similar a few years ago). But I hope that you pop in & visit us occasionally!

For those of us stuck at our desks ..... here are some thoughts on how to get even a small amount of exercise in each day ....

***** use the farthest restroom in your building
    ***** take a few flights of stairs during your coffee break
    ***** standing and pacing in place while talking on the phone helps
    ***** walk down the hall and talk with a co-worker instead of sending an e-mail
    ***** wearing a pedometer can help you track your progress
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    haha Hi Mallorie! You make me laugh. I figured you'd find this thread too!

Ok, so, I WAS team Edward for Twilight...New Moon, obviously, I changed to team Jacob. I haven't and won't read Eclipse or Breaking Dawn before the movies come out bc I don't want the twilight saga to end HAHA I feel like if I read the two other books I'll be done. So, I'm making it last as long as I can. So, as of right now I'm Team Edcob :love: and I have no clue about Eclipse OR Breaking Dawn. I mean I have an idea of what'll happen...but i don't want to know yet. I liked both books, but I bawled my eyes for New Moon (both the book and the movie HAHA)

Back to weight loss. I have a problem with motivation. I don't do bad with the food part, but I'm terrible with the exercise part. I can't for the life of me motivate myself to exercise!

Team Edcob! :heart:
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Twilight info: a friend of mine is signed on a service to be notified of "extra" castings. She received a notice about a month ago regarding casting of Breaking Dawn. So it looks like it is happening (SHOCKING- that's sarcasm) and it is going to be one movie, not two as I had hoped.
  • IsabellaCullen
    Options
    Twilight info: a friend of mine is signed on a service to be notified of "extra" castings. She received a notice about a month ago regarding casting of Breaking Dawn. So it looks like it is happening (SHOCKING- that's sarcasm) and it is going to be one movie, not two as I had hoped.

Actually, be careful of those sort of postings. Summit Entertainment has made no official announcement about the status of "Breaking Dawn", nor have they contracted with either of the casting agencies they have used for the Twilight Saga. With each movie, there have been 'casting updates' online from websites that have nothing to do with Summit or their casting agencies. I hope that your friend is being notified by one of the reputable sites! :smile: :smile:

There are quite a few wrinkles that would need to be ironed out before an announcement is made, let alone before any casting were to take place. SM wants it to be 2 movies, and Summit has stated that they agree. However, the cast was only signed on for a possible 4 movies, not 5, so they would have to recontract with the cast - which could be a very costly endeavor. Summit, I believe, has told Melissa Rosenberg to start working on adapting BD for the screen, but that is not a guarantee that they will go forward.
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I refuse to believe that they will not find a way to do BD, and it would be smart of them to break it into two movies. Yes, it will cost more due to the recontracting and higher salaries that would be demanded, but the book is too long to do one movie. Also, if they release TWO films instead of one they get not just the theater revenue and marketing revenue from both additional films, but they also get the DVD sales which will last longer. Add the opportunity for box sets (regardless of how many movies it becomes) and Summit is not stupid enough to let a little back and forth about salaries and budget prevent them from putting out the product that has put them on the map.
  • Beckyjo88
    Options
    This seems like an awesome challenge. I love the Twilight saga and can not wait for the new movie to come out.

My goal to lose the weight I want to is July 1 2010. This gives me another reason to get motivated and have something to look forward to other than just summer.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    hi girls...
    :smile:
    I just had to post too...You know I love the wolf....Edward is my future son-in-law...so I can't lilke him...that way!!!!!
    I just had to post and I hope that all our weight loss goals come true.

:smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha Kim, you're hilarious. You're welcome to join the group if you'd like! We know how much you love Jacob :tongue:

MFP wise...how's everyone doing today? Logging? Exercising? Water?
  • tearose
    tearose Posts: 94
    Options
    Would love to join in! I'm still 17 (at heart):blushing:
  • C_Beesley
    Options
    I am so with you!!! i would love to join this challenge!!!!! my goal is to lose approx 30 - 35lbs by that time!!!!! This is a GREAT Idea, seriously!!! I absolutely love the twilight movies!!!! DANG. good idea!!! i will keep you posted with my progress.. will you do the same?
  • C_Beesley
    Options
    you know my secret to exercising with a desk job.. (i have a desk job also). don't keep snacks around - that's a main thing..lol... and then i either get up early in the morning and do my exercises then. that way i have energy the entire day. then when i get home i have been doing another set of exercises approx 30min.. b/c i'm not sluggish - b/c i worked out earlier lol.. it works.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I think it's funny how I just opened this thread to read the new posts and there's an ad for eclipse on the right side haha it made me giggle like a little girl and I figured there's no one else better to share my excitement with other than you guys lol I absolutely can't wait for eclipse to come out!!!

I stayed within my calories again tonight and I'm really proud of myself for that bc I've ate like a pig over the holidays. I thought I'd have a harder time get back to eating healthy and logging, but I'm not not. yeeeeeaaa!! now....for the exercising lol I did however do 25 squats, 10 pushups and 25 crunches today, so I guess that's better than nothing!
  • tearose
    Options
    I already have some goals for the new year but having this challenge will definitely put a more positive spin of fun on the whole deal. I can't choose between Team Jacob and Team Edward..I rilly enjoy both and we already know who wins bella.:flowerforyou:
    Not that its not going to be amazing watching Eclipse and I can't wait for New Moon to become available.

As for tips, I admit I don't have any at this point but I've made a commitment to not eat after 8 at night and to journal everything I eat.
    I havent begun a formal program yet but I'm watching what I eat and trying to stay away from refined carbs.
  • Beckyjo88
    Options
    I deffinatly went over my calories today :( . I went to my parents for supper and my mom had made fried chicken, one of my favorite foods. I did eat brocoli and fruit cocktail with it.

I hope tomorrow will be better.
  • alanismanson
    Options
    I kind of wished that Stephanie Meyer would have extended Breaking Dawn into two books. I would have liked it to be a little more in depth the way the others were. I felt it could have been expanded quite a bit. :)
  • tearose
    Options
    I kind of wished that Stephanie Meyer would have extended Breaking Dawn into two books. I would have liked it to be a little more in depth the way the others were. I felt it could have been expanded quite a bit. :)

Where theres a will theres a way..so I think its quite possible we could see something later on..:brokenheart:
  • tearose
    Options
    I think it's funny how I just opened this thread to read the new posts and there's an ad for eclipse on the right side haha it made me giggle like a little girl and I figured there's no one else better to share my excitement with other than you guys lol I absolutely can't wait for eclipse to come out!!!

I stayed within my calories again tonight and I'm really proud of myself for that bc I've ate like a pig over the holidays. I thought I'd have a harder time get back to eating healthy and logging, but I'm not not. yeeeeeaaa!! now....for the exercising lol I did however do 25 squats, 10 pushups and 25 crunches today, so I guess that's better than nothing!

Congratulations on staying focused! I find nightime is often my undoing so I have to stay vigilante until I go to bed, brushing my teeth early seems to help and having lots of water available..at least this is what's working for me right now.

I tried looking for a trailer for Eclipse but its not out yet, :frown: i think they love making us suffer:sad:
  • crazylazylex
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • tearose
    Options
    So happy tonight my strategy seems to be working..going to bed SNACK-FREE! :happy:
  • Beckyjo88
    Options
    So I was looking at Stephenie Meyer's website tonight (and have read this a couple times before) does anyone have any idea if she is going to publish Midnight Sun?

She has the first chapter on her site and I have read that. There is no update to whether or not she is going to publish it?

Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything or if maybe I'm going crazy and just hoping this will be published.