What is your 'go to' healthy snack?

Options

Replies

• arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love making superfood balls - as long as you have a good base, you can put anything in. A good base is dates and almonds, and that's delicious by itself. But I love to add chia seeds, coconut, peanut butter, raw cacao powder or even goji berries. Roll them into balls of about 2cm width, pop them in the freezer and have 1 or 2 when you need to snack.

I also love raisins and raw almonds, hummus and wholegrain crackers. Hope this helped :)

I've never heard of superfood balls before but they sounded interesting so googled them and found a yummy and fairly easy recipe on line with dates and almonds and raw cacao powder and i'm gonna add chia seeds and coconut to it! thanks for posting about this! i'm looking forward to trying them! :)
  • Brooke_26
    Brooke_26 Posts: 204
    Options
    Strawberries and watermelon...yummie
  • stacieathompson
    Options
    Naked smoothies. You can find them at any grocery store, target or Walmart. They cost about $3.25 but one serving is only 1/2 the container so you can split that cost in half and have it twice. They taste amazing and the calories aren't bad. Green machine is a mix of green vegetables and fruits and the 8 oz. serving is 140 cal. I like the protein one too because I believe the protein helps keep you feeling full. They are sweet and have no added sugar.
  • tcanavin
    tcanavin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love the breakstone's 2% cottage cheese in 4 oz container with 1/2 serving of raw whole almonds for a mid-morning snack about 10:00 am. I crave the crunch and it's a healthy snack. Keeps me satisfied.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    POPCORN... mummy and filling with lots of fiber x
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Mixed nuts, around 30g-40g and a pack of sesame snaps :D
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Egg white filled with hummus. It makes like a deviled egg. Yummy. I also love greek yogurt with a tablespoon of peanut butter mixed in.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, watermelon, Gerbers Graduate lil' Crunchies, and sliced cucumbers with cider vinegar and salt. Oh, and string cheese!

GERBERS as in the baby food snack?? Just wondering lol

Favorite snacks :

- apple & peanut butter
    - chobani greek yogurt
    - oatmeal
    - snackwell's 100 calorie pack of chocolate covered pretzels
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Graze boxes
    Fruit and vegetables
    Small pot of chocolate mousse
    Seeds
    Nuts
    Hummus with wholegrain crackers or veg
    Yoghurts
    Dried fruit
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    One ounce of reduced fat cheddar cheese! Kills my cravings and satisfies for quite a long time. A boiled egg will work too.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Egg white filled with hummus. It makes like a deviled egg. Yummy.

Wow! I never thought of that one. I'm gonna try it today! :drinker:
  • M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    Banana with 1 tbsp peanut butter
    Rice cake with 1 tbsp peanut butter
    sf pudding with......wait for it.....1 tbsp peanut butter

:wink:
  • Kweenwolf
    Options
    Hard boiled egg or chobani yogurt with bear naked peak protein granola
  • Kweenwolf
    Options
    HB egg white with hummus? Sounds fantastic!
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love raw veggies with hummus. I get creative with my hummus...the other night I was snacking on raw cauliflower with Trader Joe's Edamame Hummus and it was so delicious, I still smile at the memory. :)

I also like to make a little bowl with 1/4 cup raw almonds, 2 Tbsp raisins, 1 Tbsp chocolate chips...it's a little high in calories though, but such a yummy healthful treat. I'll split it with my husband if I want to cut the calories in half.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple dipped in low fat vanilla yogurt. Yum! I like to dip things :)
  • cookadook
    Options
    Over in the seafood section at my grocery store, they have snack packs of the immitation crab in the shape of a stick.. so it looks like a string cheese stick, but its immitation crab meat. Yumm-O!
    Shrimp. specifically cocktail shrimp. They are only 30 calories and ounce, and virtually no fat or carbs. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on them and I don't miss the cocktail sauce at all!!
    Laughing Cow cheese wedge. I do the Light Swiss Cheese. I put that on a Kim's Magic Pop (its like a rice cake, but its made with whole wheat, brown rice and corn).
    Sometimes just the Magic Pop alone if I have a flavored variety.
    If I want something sweet.. FREEZE POPS!! They are 40 calories and 10g carbs for one pop. I love the orange ones!!
    Also, something I want to try, but haven't yet.. the Peanut Flour from Trader Joe's. You mix in water to make it the consistency of peanut butter and its like 85% less fat then regular PB. From what I have read, its like PB2 but better tasting/consistency.
    And the Fiber One chewy granola bars (strawberry and peanut butter flavored are great) if I need some extra fiber in my diet. 110 calories and 20g carbs. I tried to give you some solutions that haven't been mentioned before. I hope it helps!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Almonds,Mini Babybel cheese and Quest Bars
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Apple
    Banana
    (apple or banana with a tbl of natural PB)
    Edamame
    Carrots/hummus
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Peanut or almond butter
    apples
    100-calorie snack packs
    pistachios
    hummus with pretzel chips
    cucumbers with a dash of salt
    cheesestick
    slice of whole wheat bread with a smear of homemade strawberry jam (from a local farmer's market, omg. I gotta STOCK up for next year)