CHALLENGE! NO ALCOHOL AUGUST!

Options

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm in...had 4 glasses of wine/champagne (as my alcohol) all year and probably won't be doing any drinking this month anyway...
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a drink since Apr. I don't miss it to be honest! Best of luck to all of you who are going to do the challenge. :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    The weekends are my biggest challenge hubby and i love to go out to eat and we love to drink while we unwind and catch up! I plan not to drink this weekend!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!!! :tongue: :tongue:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    The weekends are my biggest challenge hubby and i love to go out to eat and we love to drink while we unwind and catch up! I plan not to drink this weekend!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

Lana, you absolutely can do this. You can do anything for one day. Just worry about today. Just like watching your calories. Think of it as life maintenance.... discipline....growth....I realized how many calories and how much money I was wasting. Who knows, maybe the husband will decide to do it with you. Maybe :wink:
  • dbanks80
    Options

Lana, you absolutely can do this. You can do anything for one day. Just worry about today. Just like watching your calories. Think of it as life maintenance.... discipline....growth....I realized how many calories and how much money I was wasting. Who knows, maybe the husband will decide to do it with you. Maybe :wink:

Thank you!!! No hubby will not do it!! LOL!! Although he will limit it to 2 drinks when he sees that I am not drinking! But I always get mad when he orders a drink!

It's exactly like you said to take it ONE day. Dont look ahead to Sat and Sun!!
  • Kfmclendon
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • canuck2010
    Options
    Count me in as well. I read through everyone's posts last night and was so happy to hear i'm not the only struggling with this issue.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'll do SEPTEMBER If anyone wants to start with me then. Send me a PM if you want to do September with me.

(too many events, and the end of summer, for me to start now).
  • isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am in!!
    I have been trying to do this but I will occasionally cheat with a half pint or a car bomb... so, i will say no.
    I am pretty sure we will all feel a lot better.
  • lorene1701
    Options
    I'm new to this, just getting started on my weight loss and healthy living goals....So I'm in. No alcohol this month :happy:
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Abstinence4August. I'm in. I stopped 2 wks ago after i logged in a Margarita and saw how many calories it set me back. I'd rather save my calories for food.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    But....but but but but....it's summer time!

It's winter here and I still aint in. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options

Since it's time for me to shower and go to bed, I'm thinking I made it through Friday alcohol-free.

Can we give up angry thoughts next month, please?

CMR = 3
    Alcohol = 0 zero nada, nuttin. :smile:
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I haven't drank for months. That being said ... you just need to go out dancing when you're drinking and dance it off!!!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Well this will be easy for me! I'm 23, but I'm on medication that interacts with alcohol. I haven't drank since 6 months after my 21st birthday! :grumble:

But I do pass out a lot of virtual beers! :drinker: Will those count? :wink:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    But... it's the 3rd and I have already had some...
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Well I made it past Friday. Hubby had 3 drinks I had ZERO!! I am proud of myself. I got up this morning and took a Zumba and Spin Class!!!

Total days NO Drinks

Lana - 3
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Made it past Friday AND Saturday! Yay me!
  • britneyy32
    britneyy32 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and join this challenge as well! I really want to limit my alcohol intake. It just gets in the way of my diet because it's so many calories and adds up fast, plus when I'm drunk I just want to eat a bunch of food! But I'm not sure if I'll end up completely abstaining from it since I want to have some fun and party and stuff before school starts at the end of the month, but I'll try!
  • manny08phs
    manny08phs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    im down