How long did take you to lose 30 pounds

Options

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It took me just about 4 months...I lost at a rate of 1-2lbs per week, which I've pretty much kept off for over 20yrs (besides a failed pregnancy) so that's what I recommend to everyone. I didn't "diet"...back in 1987 when I lost my weight I was in 9th grade and knew nothing about dieting or exercise so I just cut the portions of whatever my mom bought and cooked, cut soda out completely (that was a biggie for me) and cut out the junk but allowed for some "cheats" once per week to keep me on the beam. Although I've cleaned up my eating the past few years, I've pretty much stuck with the original plan to maintain. And I exercised...I would never have maintained my weight loss without exercise. My brother, who was also obese as a kid, had never stuck to exercise and his weight has yo-yo'ed throughout the years and is seeing a cardiologist and on blood pressure meds now, and he's only 3 yrs older than me...
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Just under 5 months. I started with only a quanitity of food change , then a little walking, then Zumba. Then I got stuck because I cut my calories too low for too long and got on the EM2WL bandwagon. I completed a reset and am back to losing again eating twice as much food (mostly clean) and doing a fitness bootcamp + biking. 25 lbs left to go. Life is good :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I started at 195, it took me about 6 months to lose 30 pounds. I was going to the gym 3-5 times a week (cardio and weights), I was eating 1500-1600 net calories a day, and I was having 1-2 treat days a week.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    5.5 months
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    about 6 months.. with Turbo FIre, Rockin' Body and local fitness Turbokick and Zumba classes. my weight is just more stubborn at my age I think and so it is taking me longer, plus I had a heel spur with nerve entrapment that ended up with me having surgery 2 weeks ago...but I fought the pain through each workout because losing the weight was so worth it!
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    It took me about 6 and a half months or so. Working on losing the last 5 pounds and toning up!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It took me about six months, but I took it slow, and I only had 30 to lose. Good luck!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what i need to lose, and i have been trying for 6 months, or longer. Its hard to lose when your body is over 60. :ohwell:

I have lost 9 of 30 lbs in 4 mo. You're are right that it is harder to lose when you're over 60. That's my problem, too, among some health issues that keep me from working out as much as I should.
  • stefanie1990
    stefanie1990 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    it took me 6 months, and now I'm stuck
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is actually losing 110 pounds overall. But, right now I am just trying to be in "Onederland" and i need to lose about 30 pounds to reach it. so I like to know how long did it take for some and what were you doing to achieve this.

My BEST advice is to forget about how long it will take..... For me, personally, that is my greatest downfall and has caused lots of messing up and discouragement!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    60 days
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". It took me about 18 months of cardio and strength training to lose 30 lbs. Starting weight was 189 lbs.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    6-7 month. I wanted to loose slowly, and my skin likes that.:)
  • RebeccaBryant23
    RebeccaBryant23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh in tomorrow and I think I will have finally hit the 30lb mark! If so it will have taken me 17weeks. Goodluck. You can do this!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is actually losing 110 pounds overall. But, right now I am just trying to be in "Onederland" and i need to lose about 30 pounds to reach it. so I like to know how long did it take for some and what were you doing to achieve this.

My BEST advice is to forget about how long it will take..... For me, personally, that is my greatest downfall and has caused lots of messing up and discouragement!

I agree! I was surprised that it took me 18 months to lose it... but if I set, say a 90 day goal, I would have been disappointed and probably would have quit a long time ago. I figured I'd get there when I get there.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging 10 lbs. A month, so 3 months.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 1/2 months to lose 30. I started out walking, changed my diet, watched my portions, logged food, ate healthier and moved more. Basicially I got off my *kitten* and ate the way I knew I should. Logging showed me just how MUCH I was eating and how bad the stuff really was. That was a big motivator.

I also have treats so I've never cut out 'everything' so to speak, I just make room for them in my diet with exercise calories.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    45 days, exercised everyday, walked a minimum of 4 miles each day, cut out all types of soda (regular and diet) and kept calorie intake at 1200-1400 a day (watching not only calories - also managed Carbs - sticking to Low GI carbs). Did not eat back my calories burned during exercise..
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Just under 3 months! Running 3-4x a week and counting calories =) good luck!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    At the end of the sixth week of this journey of mine the scales reported a total loss of 32 lbs. I had a lot to lose so the first lot of weight came of quickly through eating well and going to teh gym 5/6 days a week..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!