How long did take you to lose 30 pounds

Options
12345679»

Replies

• aero0811
    aero0811 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have about this to lose, just under half way and so far it has taken me about 2 months but I've had quite a few days where I 'gave up'. Meant to be going away in November with my boyfriend so hoping to shed the rest of the weight by then if not before!
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months. It has slowed way down now.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm right at 20 lbs. and it has taken me 7 months. I don't diet. I have changed my lifestyle by eating healthy, cutting sugar and exercising. I don't deprive myself if I want something every now and then and I keep it in moderation. I feel that is a better plan for success than foregoing something you are craving. Also, since cutting out sugar, I don't have cravings like I used to for the "bad" and not healthy things.
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Started working out with P90X on Feb 6th weighing 223lbs (I'm 5'11). Finished that program around the middle of May, and had lost 23lbs. Followed that up working out with P90X/Insanity Hybrid. By the end of June I had lost 30lbs. So about 5 months. Have hit a plateau since and still weight 193, but continue to workout and try to eat healthier. My goal is 40lbs.
  • lknockstead
    lknockstead Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I lost 26.6 pounds and I started my new healthy lifestyle on June 18th....I am hoping to get down 30 pounds by next Sunday....so it would take me a little bit under 2 months. I work out everyday for at least 2 hours and I in take around 1,200-1,300 calories everyday.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 pounds so far and it has been just over 3 months. I plan on stepping up my game this week so I anticipate that I'll knock off 3 more in the next week to ten days to make it to 30. Then I want to lose at least another 30. Started at 213 lbs.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hmm...probably like 7-8 months
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It took me 10 months to lose 45lbs after my second son. I had lost almost all of the weight within the first year and then I gained most of it back after I stopped breastfeeding.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months to lose 33 lbs.

I stayed under my calorie goal daily, exercised 5-6 times a week, and drank lots of water. My exercises,which I varied daily, included; walking the dogs, playing Dance Central on Xbox, swimming, spinning, jogging, hiking, and a ton of other actively-entertaining things. I also gave up ice cream, shakes, candy bars, and cake* for 2012.

*Cheat moments of 2012: I actually ate two slices of cake this year; a slice of strawberry cloud cake while on vacation and a slice of red velvet cake at my friend's baby shower. Both pieces were for a good cause! :wink:
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    4 months
  • ChristaLee72
    ChristaLee72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!