Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm not 40, I am 35 w/ no kids yet and single. I would like to have one child though, but if I marry a man w/ kids it will be just as well. I have alot of friends and co-workers that are over 40 w/ no children. I think it is great to be in a place to make a conscious decision not to have kids. My parents never pressure me about marriage or children, they are just patiently waiting like I am. When I was in my 20's people used to ask me all the time about having kids, but not anymore! :)
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    39, married for 20 years, no kids, no plans to have any. We are still kids ourselves.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Mid thirties. No kids, by choice. Wouldn't mind a partner though . . .

For those who haven't read it, the book The Childless Revolution is excellent.
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Love all these responses! My favorite comment is "who's going to take care of you when you are older?" As if kids are a guarantee!!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I'm so happy to see all these posts!! I'm 35, happily married, and by choice we have no human kids. A 7 year old pit mix keeps us plenty occupied. Took a while for the comments from family and friends to stop, but eventually we stopped hearing "You'll change your minds...Aren't you going to have them? When?" You know the drill. :smile:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, childless and husbandless! ;)

Happy and loving my life!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40, no kids, no guy and still heartbroken about it as want both very much and am seeing my sister who never wanted either just married two years ago (at 40) and is expecting her 1st (at 42)
  • mizamypowers
    Options
    I am 37 with no kids. I have been with my husband for 15 years. He had a vasectomy 3 years ago. We deal with people all the time who say our life is not complete, and we totally disagree!! I was a waitress and had a guest tell me that my life was worth nothing without kids!! I thought, what if I couldn't have them?

Everyone has the right to choose what is best for them. I love the choice we made.

We are the cool aunt and uncle!
  • Toughmudder8
    Options
    I am 41- no husband and no kids. I had no idea there were so many women out there without children. I would love a husband, but don't feel the need to have kids. I love babies, but they grow into smart mouth children.:happy:
  • mizamypowers
    Options
    Love all these responses! My favorite comment is "who's going to take care of you when you are older?" As if kids are a guarantee!!

I have heard that so many times!! That is why you have kids??
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not a 40-something. 37 here... I love kids but they should be someone else's :) I don't have any and I don't want any. I have animal babies and I am more than content with that. I also like to eat (you won't see me under 1500 calories unless I am sick), get in a good work out when I can and like to have fun. :)

*Edit... married 15 years!
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Rare my foot,lol! No kids! I teach them only,lol! Just Like Dr.Seuss replied when they asked him if he ever had kids..."You make them, and I'll entertain them!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    47. Married. We have no kids. We love it. This was our choice. LOVE IT.

edit: about 7 years ago my sister asked me when I was going to "settle down, and start my life". ummm????
    What doesn't she get? LOL
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    In less than 9 years I will be saying that. I don't want kids...
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Wow - I didn't realize there were so many others out there! I'm 45, single, and no children nor plans to have any, even if the single status (hopefully) changes. I do have two beautiful cats though, and wouldn't mind a dog or two if I ever stop traveling so much. But no desire for children.
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you go girl!!
  • Rebzan
    Rebzan Posts: 24
    Options
    I am 38 and no kids except my furry baby Angel!! Single and happy although all my family keeps trying to get me hooked up with someone. :)
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, but am a fellow non-breeder who is actively planning to NOT have kids... It's tough, because just about everyone I know either has kids or is planning to have them. My husband and I are in full agreement that we don't want kids though... We just want to spoil our nieces and nephews! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 with no kids. And I'm not going to have any so I'll eventually be a 40 something without kids. :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    i'm close 38 and no kidlets!!!!