Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You are not alone my friend! :smile: I just turned 40 last month and I don't have kids and don't want any. I would however, like to meet a nice guy to settle down with...eventually :heart: .
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    37...no kids. I always get the "But you'd make such a great mom" speech. I usually respond with, "I also think I'd make a great prostitute but I don't plan on trying that either."

I love kids (I'm even a middle school teacher), I just don't want my own!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, married 20 years and no children. It's not the life for everyone, but I love it.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I feel ya on that one girlfriend! Love the prostitute example :laugh:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! 41 and childless by choice.

So glad you posted this. :drinker:
  • foodie99
    foodie99 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm 40 - married for 15 years - no kids! (This was by choice - and we LOVE our life) :-)

Close to the same here.... 35, married 12 years, our kids have 4 legs or fins/gills
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    mhuch, that's hilarious!

I'm 37, married, no kids and not quite 100% sure I want to stay that way. Still in talks and once I lose this weight, I'll figure it all out. Happy to see I'm not alone...I feel like I am alone in this a lot. About to have my 20th high school reunion and I don't want to go because I know the biggest question will be about how many kids do you have. All my friends from high school have them except me.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    43, married for 23. Actually we have a son but he's in his 20s and in the USMC overseas; so.....the only child we have now is furry and almost 1 years old. He's a cute little doll face persian - Ari

Most of our friends are married with no children (except the fur kind)

***No one should be made to feel bad about not having children. I know plenty have said things to us because we didn't have more, but that's our choice, our life. Children are a lifetime commitment and there are plenty of parents out there that shouldn't have been parents and their children suffer because they didn't make a better decision. Not saying anyone would or would not be a good parent...just saying its a personal decision and you shouldn't feel bad because of it.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm another one. 41, married almost 13 years, no kids, four dogs :) Hubby said if something ever happened to him I would be the lady with all the dogs. We have nieces/nephews we can get whenever we want :) I get so tired of hearing about soccer games in the lunchroom at work. ugh.
  • bad911
    bad911 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm soon to be 43 with no kids or partner. I'd like both, but so far that hasn't been part of my journey...
  • porkadiddly
    Options
    44 - no children and no intentions to change that...
    :-)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    And another one of us.
    49, married 14 years, no kids, unless you count the furry feline sort.
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    44, married 16 years and no kids except the 4 legged ones! It was by choice and we love our life.
  • acmilan11
    acmilan11 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me too, over forty and no kids!
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I noted the cat pattern too!! Will be 49 next Monday, and my feline Alex and I are quite content.
    I think it is great when people who shouldn't be parents know that and stick to that plan.
    It's terrific to see so many of us out there... would rather be happy alone than unhappy and partnered.
    Feel free to add me if you like!
  • foodie99
    foodie99 Posts: 92
    Options
    I always get the "But you'd make such a great mom" speech. I usually respond with, "I also think I'd make a great prostitute but I don't plan on trying that either."

I love this response!!! It's not one that came to mind, but I am totally using it from here on out.
  • tyrog11
    tyrog11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    40- in October.
    no husband.
    no kids.
    no cat named fluffy.
    no dog named spot.
    i did have a fish named elvis. he died. thanks for bringing it up.
    *eyes welling up with tears* sometimes when i flush i can hear "heartbreak hotel".

=)

Hilarious!!
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44 year old CBC (childless by choice) Just a pup we love!
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Me, too!!!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    at my rate ill be 40 with no kids:( sadly pcos and infertility is making it next to impossible to get preggers...