Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I will be in 10 years, thanks for asking! LOL. :laugh:

I'm 30 and childless by choice with no desire for them, (and even less desire when I am around my friends who have them). Thank you for starting this thread, it's nice to see so many of us out there. Heck, we should make a group if there isn't already one, I'm sure we'd all join. :smile:
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    42...married...no kids. Not for lack of trying mind you :) Just not meant to be as of yet if ever.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    mhuch, that's hilarious!

I'm 37, married, no kids and not quite 100% sure I want to stay that way. Still in talks and once I lose this weight, I'll figure it all out. Happy to see I'm not alone...I feel like I am alone in this a lot. About to have my 20th high school reunion and I don't want to go because I know the biggest question will be about how many kids do you have. All my friends from high school have them except me.

Not having children is nothing to be ashamed of! When I went to my 10 year, I actually found that some of my classmates were jealous of me because of my childfree status. :flowerforyou:
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I will be in 10 years, thanks for asking! LOL. :laugh:

I'm 30 and childless by choice with no desire for them, (and even less desire when I am around my friends who have them). Thank you for starting this thread, it's nice to see so many of us out there. Heck, we should make a group if there isn't already one, I'm sure we'd all join. :smile:

Good idea. If someone starts a group, I promise to join. :)
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I always get the "But you'd make such a great mom" speech. I usually respond with, "I also think I'd make a great prostitute but I don't plan on trying that either."

I love this response!!! It's not one that came to mind, but I am totally using it from here on out.

Yeah...it usually shuts them up pretty quick! And the look on their faces is priceless. :)
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm another one! 47, single and no children by choice - and enjoying my life very much.

Have a dog and a couple of cats who are more than enough challenge to keep up with!
  • acmilan11
    acmilan11 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends are married with children and they all tell me how lucky I am to free to travel and keep a clean and well decorated apartment. As soon as I lose 35 lbs, I will get myself a young, hot boyfriend to complete the package!
  • acmilan11
    acmilan11 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My cat is my family! how many do you have?
  • JodieChampoux
    JodieChampoux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, no kids, married a long time. I understand your consternation, it does seem that sometimes people with kids have a different focus. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say - always happy to have more friends, so anyone on this post, feel free to friend me! (just reference this post in email msg, please).

It is nice to see all of you out there.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    43 (almost 44) no kids just 2 dogs and 3 cats. Hubby and I both love it this way.
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    OK, this thread is awesome!! I am so glad to see you all out in force!
    I am 35 and have been with my Husband for 15 years. We do not plan on having any kids - he loves his toys to much and I love my quiet time :laugh:

If there is a group for non-mom's I am so in!

Anyone, feel free to add me!!
  • Terilyn2
    Options
    Im in my last month of 40 something, no kids. Unless you count my 40 something husband, I feel like he is a kid sometimes.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Great post. Glad to see that I am not alone in not having any children.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If there is a group for non-mom's I am so in!
    There is a child-free by choice group on here...check it out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/883-child-free-by-choice
  • ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am soon-to-be 37 in December, married for 10 years, and no kids by choice! And, happy this way!

Currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution; add me if you want to!
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I hit 40 at the end of this year.....so great to see I'm not the only one.....I wonder if there's a group for '40's no kids or husband'.....then I might see that I'm really not alone.......
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    53 next week and no kids............... never had the urge to procreate, but my sister surely made up for it and has 5!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm way older than you so you may want to look elsewhere. But I wanted to chime in and say that, like you, I have no kids and I get weary of everyone going on about their kids and the older ones their grandkids. I have absolutely nothing in common with them. I'm not interested in domestic stuff. I have a business. And it's hard to find any women who don't have kids or family and have other interests. I hope you find lots of friends like that. To be honest, I'd love to have some too.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I am not 40something but I am 37...andit is still very rare for someone to not have children even in late 30s. I have a good life, enjoy my nieces and nephews but not sure if I ever want to be a mother. Do you think that is wrong???