Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I can't officially belong to your club since at 47 I have one daughter. but i can relate to your having to justify not having any. I find myself having to justify having one. I guess there is a rule somewhere that you have to have children in multiples. And people assume if you only have one its because you couldn't have more. We chose to have one. And it was the right decision for us just like having none was the right decision for you all.

Rock on Ladies!!!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I feel like I fit in here somewhat...I'm 47 and have a grown son...he lives in another state even. I'm always looking for friends with something in common...empty nesters, etc. People with small kids are in a totally different place in life so please feel free to add me. Mention this thread though...I don't add just anybody. :-) I too was always hounded by people to have more than one kid...what's wrong with people that want everyone else to do exactly what they did/do?
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I feel like I fit in here somewhat...I'm 47 and have a grown son...he lives in another state even. I'm always looking for friends with something in common...empty nesters, etc. People with small kids are in a totally different place in life so please feel free to add me. Mention this thread though...I don't add just anybody. :-) I too was always hounded by people to have more than one kid...what's wrong with people that want everyone else to do exactly what they did/do?

Yea we get it too... I just added you. Just last night I was asked why I didn't have more cause we are such good parents. I say we are such good parents because we only had one. LOL... Multiple children would have set us over the edge. I have a teenager daughter so you can imagine the drama. Wouldn't trade her for the world but it gets dicey sometimes. With her independece interfering with her immaturity..
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow, finally others that agree not having kids can be normal! Not quite hit the 40 yet, 3 months to go, married for 2 years and have never had the urge, and neither of us want to have kids in the future. Love being the mad auntie who gets to take her neice out, have lots of fun & (love her as I do) get to give her back to mum at the end of the day :)
  • Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    45 - no kids (by choice) - never really wanted ot have kids and am having a pretty good time travelling and pampering my dogs.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's nice to know I'm not the only one out here! 45, no kids, no husband, but a great best friend and sassy cat. :) Losing weight and feeling great!

Way to go! I'm glad to know that I am not the only one either. Please add me as a friend, would love to have a friend/support group.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Yea we get it too... I just added you. Just last night I was asked why I didn't have more cause we are such good parents. I say we are such good parents because we only had one. LOL... Multiple children would have set us over the edge. I have a teenager daughter so you can imagine the drama. Wouldn't trade her for the world but it gets dicey sometimes. With her independece interfering with her immaturity..

Just joined and am trying to build a friend/support group with 40 and over's. This is making my day. Please add me!
  • RolyPolyPudding
    Options
    Well, I am 51 and kidless, unless of course you want to count my houseful of ' fur kids ' hehehehe :tongue:
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 something. Kids are grown and on their own. I never liked them anyway! (just kidding, maybe...) Loving the empty nester lifestyle, feel free to add me if you want!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    37, no children
  • kjcoul01
    kjcoul01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    43 no children ...and we aren't going to have any. BUT we have a 'child' in that we take care of, a 34 brother with Autism. I don't know how that stacks up.
  • basicdez
    Options
    Me too. I am 42 and no kids, although the last pile of weight went on when we lost a baby in Jan 2010. Now I gots some serious weight to get off.

Please add me. I just started this and have a long way to go. :)
  • awakenedsoul
    awakenedsoul Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    38 and no kids! Both hubby and myself are only ones in our families not to have or want kiddos. Been together 13 years and perfectly happy! We love our life! And our parents have accepted and respect our decision :)
  • Amburney
    Amburney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    42 no kids, no husband. Love this group, good to see that there are many of us out there.
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    i dont think its bad to be not be a mom in your 30/40! i think too many people rush to have kids and then they are crappy moms cuz they dont give thier kids the attn they need/deserve, Teen mom??? REALLY!?!??!? Look at those kids with babies. I say have kids if/when your ready too.
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    44, single, no kids. I have 7 seven nieces and nephews that keep me busy. They're my babies. I love them to with all I have to give! :heart: Best thing, I get to take them home at the end of the day.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I always get the "But you'd make such a great mom" speech. I usually respond with, "I also think I'd make a great prostitute but I don't plan on trying that either."

I love this response!!! It's not one that came to mind, but I am totally using it from here on out.

Brilliant! :flowerforyou:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Still in my 30s and plan to never have kids, ever ever.

There's a Child Free by Choice group. It's private because when it was public, parents were taking me to task via PM about my decision. Why they couldn't mind their own business in a group specifically for the child free, I'll never understand.

But if you want an invite, send me a PM!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I always get the "But you'd make such a great mom" speech. I usually respond with, "I also think I'd make a great prostitute but I don't plan on trying that either."
    :heart:
    This is an awesome response!!
  • sriraw
    sriraw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, how wonderful to have so many of us on this website! I am 47 - no kids - and no plans to have them.

I am a Big Sister though and I love that and enjoy spending time with my Little Sister.