Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options
Well well well.....

In the last week, we have grown in numbers and gotten ready to start this year. So here is the first of many challenges. Many people refer to the new year as a "clean slate." a chance to start a new. It only makes sense for us to start by making out bodies a "clean slate" So we are starting with a bang with a TWO part challenge. From now until next tuesday you are challenged to the following.

#1: MFP suggests you drink 8 glasses of water daily and that it just what you are going to do. Your water is not only important for hydration but it is also instrumental in removing "Icky" stuff from your body. So lets clean that slate and flush out the holidays.

#2: The holidays are a wonderland of sweet treats. well this week is NOT. No sweets. No cookies, cakes, candy ect.... Their are some food items that walk a thin line but I will leave that desicion up to you. But you know what "sweets" are and I expect that those sugar loaded goodies are not part of your gameplan.We are taking this week to get that sugar out of our system and get our bodies ready for the road ahead. The holidays are over and while it is acceptable to have sugar plumbs dance in your head, you better make for darn sure none of them are dancing down your throat.

Reminder*- If you have not sent me a weigh in yet please do so by tommorow evening so I can get it on the spreadsheet and posted. I have a bit of programing to do to get it set up as their are so many of us so I will get the starting weights posted as soon as I can. As you know this week's weight in will be considered a starting weight for this year. Now I have to get to the gym and get a run in.

For those of you who watch, Enjoy the biggest loser and I look forward to what we can accomplish!

:drinker:

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    aye aye, Captain!!!

Thanks so much for the leadership Batman-- you rock, my good man!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    If it is not too late, I would love to get in. Starting weight 170 lbs. so you need anything else?
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would also like to join in . I weigh 160 . I promise to drink my water and try my best to stay away from the goodies. Richie
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I really excited...thanks for all the hard work you put into this...what a great start to a new year. My weight is 248.6. Here we go! Sara
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    If it is not too late, I would love to get in. Starting weight 170 lbs. so you need anything else?

Nope, Got your weight and the challenge has begun. Welcome to the team. If you could add your name to your signature. We like to learn everyone's name.

Thanks!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :drinker: <--- the beginning of Operation Float Away.

I'll send you my SW, Andrew! Thank you!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hi, I would also like to join in . I weigh 160 . I promise to drink my water and try my best to stay away from the goodies. Richie

Welcome to the group Richie!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    tagging so I don't lose it!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Good challenges! Starting weight will be coming in tomorrow AM.... and my ticker will be updated. *sigh*
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Good challenges! Starting weight will be coming in tomorrow AM.... and my ticker will be updated. *sigh*

Lori I updated mine today lets hope it stays that number or more lost.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 178. I've been stuck there since Christmas. Hopefully the water challenge will get it moving again. Thanks!
  • TiffTerry
    Options
    My starting weight is 142. I will do my best with the challenges!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    ANDREW, ANDREW, ANDREW.....You are going to kill me with this no sweet challenge. I will do my very best, I promise. I just got done eating marshmellows before I saw this, I really need this challenge!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    ANDREW, ANDREW, ANDREW.....You are going to kill me with this no sweet challenge. I will do my very best, I promise. I just got done eating marshmellows before I saw this, I really need this challenge!

i agree, amanda, i always leave myself calories for an ice cream sandwich at night. but, i guess i can live a week without them :grumble:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Oh dear...water drinking no problem, but the sweets. The gang where Jim works has no idea that I am sending the remaining cookies and Christmas goodies their way. Evil plan but it gets it away from me.

Thanks Andrew !!
  • Jim77
    Jim77 Posts: 8
    Options
    Oh dear...water drinking no problem, but the sweets. The gang where Jim works has no idea that I am sending the remaining cookies and Christmas goodies their way. Evil plan but it gets it away from me.

Thanks Andrew !!

Yeah thanks Andrew! While the goodies disappear away from her, they are still with me. My problem is the water drinking. Bobbi is always asking how much water have you drank today, ummmm none. I'm a diet coke addict. I'll give it a shot.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Thanks Andrew !!

Yeah thanks Andrew! While the goodies disappear away from her, they are still with me. My problem is the water drinking. Bobbi is always asking how much water have you drank today, ummmm none. I'm a diet coke addict. I'll give it a shot.

Jim I totally hear yah man.

I used to hate water. I've learned to love it. But yah, used to love me some diet coke. lol
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Got a good run in tonight. Neck/shoulder is still tight but better.

Just a reminder that weigh ins should be reported to me through Private Message as it's easier for me to keep track.
    Thanks guys!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    :smile: got it! I'm a little slow in the technology:drinker: area! Thanks
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Here is the team list. Please send me a Private message and let me know if I missed you!

Spyguy7540
    Musicmom04
    AmandaJ
    Leckel
    Marla64
    FamilyGirl37167
    Jimswmn
    Sarellitecrush80
    Bohlon15
    Arewethereyet
    Janiebeth
    Nonibug
    ksproston
    3babybeans
    Jim77
    CHelle76
    Averys7
    Llowry
    Stephica
    Retrobaby
    Slim34
    Jessica_Benson
    Kellieb71
    Tamelab
    Healthworks
    Ladilelsie
    TiffTerry
    Mumsanutter
    Doreenpao
    Theresa35
    Afergason
    Fancydog
    Teeneu
    Queenbee
    Meljones
    Giggles27
    Arienna
    Kr65
    Arleneevans
    Carleybby
    Csanchez39
    Zippy111
    Richardsrm

I'll get the information together tommorow once I have everyone's weigh in.

Night team!

:drinker: