Be honest

Options

Replies

• CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    To look hot and mack dudes. Are there other reasons?

^^ This!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for myself and my son most of all! My son has low functioning Autism, is just now learning to talk (although he is still hard to understand to anyone who does know what sounds he still can't say), is still in Pull Ups due to severe gastro problems, is a 9 yr old functioning at at 2 1/2 to 3 yr old level....among other things! While he has made some great strides I am trying to make sure...to everything in my power....that I can be here, healthy and happy for as long as he needs me! My 10 year old daughter has stated many times that if something happens to me she will take care of her brother but I also would love for her to live a full and happy life! :)
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    First and foremost should always be yourself. If you don't put yourself first sometimes no one else will either. Kids, spouse, BF, GF, SO, etc. 1a.
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    So strangers will feel me up in nightclubs.

Visit any night club I go to and I can help ya out with that :P
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I am at risk for a lot of diseases, and I already have liver problems. So I am trying to get healthy for myself and for my family. I do want to look better, but my main motivation is to be stronger, more flexible, have more stamina, extra. I want to be here longer for my son, but yes, this is for ME <3
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So I lied.

The REAL reason?

Two months ago my wife of nearly 16 years said "The reason I don't pounce you, or come on to you is because I'm not drawn to intimacy with you. Physically, you are not somebody I'd want to do those things with"

Move-out of the house is scheduled, next phase of my life is starting. I want to be a better me; not for her or to 'win' her back - I want to be a better me because I deserve it.

I'm so sorry. You already are a better you. You do deserve it! I wish you peace and happiness
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    I do it for me....and to set an example for my son. Full circle.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for me! NO one else.
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I work out because I don't want to be as heavy as my mom was when she was my age. I watched my mom struggle with disordered eating and weight gain as a result, and she used to always say that I would end up looking just like her. So I bust my *kitten* to prove her wrong.
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I want to look and feel good/better.
    And yes, I am doing this for my son/husband. I want to be a healthy role model for my son and I want to have stamina for my husband.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It goes without saying that I love my kids more than life itself. Sometimes I get nostalgic and think that perhaps when they see me make healthy choices it will devine some knowledge or instill some drive for them to make healthy choices also. But as a general rule of thumb my main drive to be healthy is some residual vanity from my six pack days :) Plus when I don't like what I see in the mirror my sex drive totally dissipates and that totally sucks :T
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    So I can see heather & Cliff naked! 3 SOME! ;)

No for serious. Never get fit because of someone else. If they don't like you the WAY YOU ARE right now, then they SUCK! my b/f says I am perfect. I see myself as FAR from perfect! I have that stupid belly pouch from kids, my thighs rub, you would probably get a tummy ache from my muffin top... i'm 180 and 5'10. My man likes the way I look now, imagine how he's going to like me -10/15 lbs.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Actually, my son was one of the biggest reasons I did this. Don't get me wrong, I want to look good, and I am doing this for me, but ss a heavier mom I often said no when he wanted me to play with him because I was too stinking lazy. Now we do all sorts of fun stuff together because I feel better doing it!
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    *So I don't look like my mom when I'm older and can't pick something up off the ground.
    *So I can walk up and down the stairs with a little less pain.
    *So I can wear dresses without looking like a cow in a pretty dress.

*So I can be a total MILF and make my exes kick themselves. ;-)
  • lacreek7
    lacreek7 Posts: 10
    Options
    My reasons for working out have changed a little over the years. In my 30's through 50's I just wanted to look good. In my 50's I was just trying to hang in there. Too much pressure from job. Now that I'm retired I do it for my health and yes, to look as good as I can in my 60's. My kids had nothing to do with it. Actually I like to think I was a good influence on them and the same for grandkids. Both of my grown kids take care of their health and teach their kids the same. It is also a great mood booster for me to be able to be outside walking and jogging (warm weather preferred).
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    *So I don't look like my mom when I'm older and can't pick something up off the ground.
    *So I can walk up and down the stairs with a little less pain.
    *So I can wear dresses without looking like a cow in a pretty dress.

*So I can be a total MILF and make my exes kick themselves. ;-)

^^^^^ ALL THIS ESPECIALLY THE LAST!
  • heish7146
    heish7146 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want to be comfortable in my own skin!

For once, I want attention for being the hotty, rather than the fatty.

I want to look the best I can for my wedding (whenever that will be).

I want to be able to run, and play with my future kids, and their kids.

I also want to set a good example of how my kids should eat. I was raised on hamburger helper, and junk like that. I'm retraining myself what to eat, so they will have that engraved. It's not that I blame my parents for my weight, but I do think it would be easier to kick this if I had been raised on fruits and veggies.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I do this for myself :)
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    For me it is knowing my family heatlh history. My grandmother died in 2005 at 60 weighing over 300 pounds with a trach and a foot amputated. She was alone. there is heart problems, diabetes, and more in the family history with a tendency to pass earlier than expected. I put on the weight as a defense mechanism for sexual abuse as a child and now I am dealing with it. I have sleep apnea and severe problems with my back. I used to sing first soprano and the weight took that away from me. The kids having me around more and me being more active is great, but mostly I do this for me.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    So I can see heather & Cliff naked! 3 SOME! ;)

No for serious. Never get fit because of someone else. If they don't like you the WAY YOU ARE right now, then they SUCK! my b/f says I am perfect. I see myself as FAR from perfect! I have that stupid belly pouch from kids, my thighs rub, you would probably get a tummy ache from my muffin top... i'm 180 and 5'10. My man likes the way I look now, imagine how he's going to like me -10/15 lbs.

As far as men go, my husband ( boyfriend at the time) didnt like it when I was 130lbs ( Im 5'9). He said my hip bones hurt him when I was laying down, oh well..he still married me.. You're right, we should do whats good for us.