Be honest

Options

Replies

• Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I want to look and feel good, but I also want to set an example for my kids. I never had that when I was little. We had fruit snacks and crap for snacks and we weren't an active family. I want my family to eat healthy and be active.
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    Because I've never known what it feels like to be happy with my appearance!
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that some people say they don't care how they look... don't we all care about our appearance(s) on some level?

I think there are a lot of reason why we do the things we do and some just don't stand out as the most obvious reasons but it doesn't mean they are not there.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I want to be HOT again.

I have spend the last 5 years taken care ofmy son and getting him healthy (medical issues when he was born), now it's my turn. I had to put myself on the back burner, now it's my turn.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I took up fitness before I became a wife and mother.

A couple of months ago, my son said a couple of interesting things to me, "I like your shape, Mommy" and "I like that you exercise, Mommy." He seems old enough to understand that I'm a strong mommy and that I can do more than other mommies. He is developing a love for fitness as well. He often asks me about food, "Is this a fun food or a 'grow and be strong' food?" He still has an aversion to vegetables, regardless of the fact that he ate them all the time as a toddler and that he sees me eating veggies all the time. He is willing to try everything but he's a picky eater right now.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    So I lied.

The REAL reason?

Two months ago my wife of nearly 16 years said "The reason I don't pounce you, or come on to you is because I'm not drawn to intimacy with you. Physically, you are not somebody I'd want to do those things with"

Move-out of the house is scheduled, next phase of my life is starting. I want to be a better me; not for her or to 'win' her back - I want to be a better me because I deserve it.

You're moving out because she's no longer physically attracted to you?
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Because exercise is so important to my mental health,
    Because my backyard is an active person's paradise and I'm missing out on it,
    Because the idea of my arteries getting crunchy and having globs of fat in my liver grosses me out,
    Because air quality is important to me and I want to be able to get around without driving,
    Because I never want to get as old as my dad is,

AND (yeah, I'm gonna say it)
    Because I want my son to see how much cooler I am than his stepmother.
  • ktb1962
    ktb1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Because I like the way I feel during and after exercise and I like seeing the changes in my body. I also like that I'm able to keep up with my kids and enjoy all the things they do.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    First and foremost I live this lifestyle for me, but it also greatly benefits my family. Working out makes me a better mom because it gives me "me" time. It keeps me mentally sane and allows me to burn my stress off at the gym rather than take it out on my kids and husband. I do feel it's important for me to teach my kids how to live a healthy life and the best way to do that is by walking the walk.
  • Heatherbell14
    Options
    LOL!! I totally agree with you. My kids made me fat too, ha ha ha! I think women absolutely need to do this for themselves. We are robbed, ROBBED I SAY of our once youthful, firm figures. They are replaced with saggy boobs & "mom" jeans. Needy kids, needy husbands & needy jobs take up so much of our time that we forget..or are too tired to take care of ourselves. It doesn't mean that we don't love & cherish them all the same, but why do we have to forget about us in the process? Are we not just as important?? I can honestly say that this is the ONE thing that I am doing for ME...but even so, it's actually for them too. A healthy, fit, not-so-tired & happy mom benefits everyone, lol!!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    So I lied.

The REAL reason?

Two months ago my wife of nearly 16 years said "The reason I don't pounce you, or come on to you is because I'm not drawn to intimacy with you. Physically, you are not somebody I'd want to do those things with"

Move-out of the house is scheduled, next phase of my life is starting. I want to be a better me; not for her or to 'win' her back - I want to be a better me because I deserve it.

No - we are separating for a long list of reasons - this last part is the final piece of the puzzle. A modicum of attraction is the absolute baseline of a romantic relationship. She deserves somebody she truly 'wants/desires'. She's a wonderful woman; she and I are not wonderful together.
  • lifeissweet89
    Options
    Mostly for more confidence

Sure, I wanna look good naked too but I definitely need to feel more comfortable in my skin.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    So I can jump out of planes again and NOT get injured this time.
    :devil:
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    to keep that "high" you get after working out to hard going all day... it's such a great feeling...
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    So I lied.

The REAL reason?

No - we are separating for a long list of reasons - this last part is the final piece of the puzzle. A modicum of attraction is the absolute baseline of a romantic relationship. She deserves somebody she truly 'wants/desires'. She's a wonderful woman; she and I are not wonderful together.

I'm sure you'll find someone you are wonderful with.
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    1. I want to look good for my husband
    2. I want to be healthy, live a long time, and enjoy my grandkids (and possibly great grand kids)!
    3. I want to teach my boys healthy habits for their lives.
    4. I want to FEEL GOOD during my lifetime and have ENERGY
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy for my cats.

You totally beat me to it. :D

:drinker:
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    so i can walk into a room and be considered on the attractive side. to me, im over weight= im ugly. if i lost weight i know id be considered attractive
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    Looking good and being healthy are good and will be a side effect of this but this is my main reason:

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. "

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

www.NeedGod.com

love this!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I want to love my body and be healthy.