How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options

Replies

• bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Once every two weeks. Saturday morning, as soon as I get up. I go into the bathroom, strip, and face the scale of doom. That is the official weigh in, sometimes I DO sneak a peek, but don't record.
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Every day before I shower. I have to have the scales in the exact same place on the floor, I strip naked and then weigh 3 times and take the average (my scales usually vary by 0.25-0.5lb each time). :)

I do this too!
  • Jack3r
    Jack3r Posts: 96
    Options
    Every morning, as soon as I wake up, after I use the washroom, with no clothes on!
  • Emitchell10
    Options
    I weig every Wednesday morning at 8am
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I now weigh every three weeks on a Sunday morning after I've been to the toilet.
  • tattoogrrl28
    Options
    Every day before I shower. I have to have the scales in the exact same place on the floor, I strip naked and then weigh 3 times and take the average (my scales usually vary by 0.25-0.5lb each time). :)

I'm exactly the same!

Lol, I thought I was the only one who was so anal about it. :laugh: :drinker:

OMG I do this exact thing too!! There is a certain spot on my bathroom floor that seems to be a "magic" spot where I weigh a couple ounces less.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Every time I walk by the scale. So 3+ a day. I have swings of 8lbs, I focus on my range, and only record new lows.
  • jennadiane_
    jennadiane_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself first thing in the morning, after I use the potty. I only record my weight Monday mornings. And the week my period is due I use what I weighed the Friday before for that week. I gain like 2-3lbs of pure water during that week, not going to go crazy over that blip every month.
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    well i'm kinda obsessed...i weigh myself in the morning right after i go to the bathroom, then at night after all my eating/drinking (just to see how much it fluctuates) and i do this everyday. i read somewhere that if you're trying to lose weight, weight everyday, if you're trying to maintain weight, weigh once a week. don't know if it's correct, but i have my weird little routine lol. but i only update my weight on mfp if my weight goes down and stays the same for 2-3 days. otherwise i know it could be from more/less food/water.
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually on Fridays early in the morning. Helps me to deal better with the weekend.
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    once a week :)
  • lgschutt
    lgschutt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning, naked and after going to the bathroom :-) Every little bit helps,LOL Plus it helps me to eat better over the weekends knowing I have to weigh in on Mondays, GOOD LUCK!! :)
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    Every Monday morning as soon as i wake up.

Same here.
  • GrammyPammy145
    GrammyPammy145 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nope.. I do the same thing.. Every morning after I use the facilities.
  • Vnm77
    Vnm77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Never! I go by how my clothes fit.... and just keep buying smaller size clothes. My goal is a 4 and I'm an 8 now, down form a 13!. I've gotten so addicted to weighing myself in the past....with all the day-to-day weight fluctuations, I was on a constant emotional roller coaster. So, I'm saying "no" to the scale now!
  • RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning; once a week.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning around the same time... after I've been through the morning routine, simply to give myself a continuous point of reference.

I've been told by some that you "shouldn't" weigh yourself every day and I understand that some of the weight loss clubs are obsessive about telling people to only weigh once a week... but I'm an engineer and a bit obsessive about numbers and graphs ;)

I don't think it's a bad thing to weigh yourself every day unless it develops into a disorder and don't forget, depending on your scales they can fluctuate considerably so it should never be more than a general guide to how you're doing whether it's once a day or once a week.

Yep, every day first thing in the morning. It gives you a great picture ( graph) to see a pattern.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I measure and weigh once per week at home; and I take part in the weekly weigh in at work...
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday, and I never check on myself during the week. Strictly Fridays.
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning as soon as i wake up.

Same