Girls- Longest Gone W/O TOM?

Options

Replies

• Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Current at 4 months without and counting everyday as a blessing. Before that I bleed for 3-6 months at a time for years. Hyster last Sept and now life is wonderful. And working out is more enjoyable IMO. :)
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm at 15 months without my period. Used to be 28 days on the dot. Then nothing.

After several GPs, several dieticians and a lot of blood tests it has come down to body fat %. No PCOS here (I've had 3 kids too).

The scales (inaccurate) say by body fat is around 14-15%. So I am trying to eat more in order to gain a little fat back. It's actually really hard to do that in a healthy way.

Maybe you should look at your weight if it is low xx
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yes i have gone that long before, however I also found that my change in diet set me off on a 6 week period a few months back (now thats not pleasant)
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    I have premature ovarian failure (POF) (diagnosed when I was 27)I used to have them once or twice a year and then nothing for the last 3 years then out of the blue I had one last month. But nothing again this month..:-( Would really love to be able to have a baby, but it's just not in the cards for me...:-( Have yourself checked out by your GP, there are so many reasons that this could happen, and without the blood tests etc. there's no way of telling.:flowerforyou:
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    a little over a year, thanks to PCOS
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a period for over 9 months due to a poor diet
  • inkleberry75
    Options
    Hmmm....In my early 20's and after first kid I weighed a lot....i got pregnant with second kid and had gall stones so i had to eat low fat for the entire pregnancy. I lost 90 pounds that year...and never missed a period. It is not uncommon though, because hormones are fluctuating with weight loss. Low dose BC pill of estrogen will help
  • Crystler
    Options
    only once in my life I've skipped a period, that was after Ilost 15 kilos= about 30 pounds. I believe I didn't get it because I lost alot of weight and didn't eat much. :) It was only for one month. then it came back. :) but I had alot of brown discharge, which means there is something wrong with your womb. take care
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    Options
    I went 10 months without it- spoke with my Dr. and it finally came back once I upped my body fat %!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Surefire way to get your period: wear khakis or white pants.

Guaranteed. :grumble:

This^^^^^^
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I went 9 months without AF but this is bc I have PCOS.

Same here
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    i have actually rarely had any issues minus when taking meds of various kinds including bc. but my sis its been over a year now, i think 2. hers was from previous eating disorder she is recovering from. it takes yearsssss. think she said they have meds that are suppose to bring it back? she is on some new (not bc) thing that is meant to do that anyway.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Nine months. :laugh: :laugh:

Having a baby will do that. :wink:
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    I didn't have regular monthly periods until I was 21, prior to that I had about 4... in total.

I lost them again in about April, but this was also a few months after I got the implant. There's no other issues, so they say it's the implant that's doing it to me.
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    Also, pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's a book that I firmly believe every woman should read at least once and that we should teach it with sex education all through middle and high school. It's important to understand how your body works and how it is affected by the stresses we put on it.

I one hundred percent agree that every woman should read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"! My husband and I are gearing up to try for our first and his coworker recommended it. I felt like such an idiot that I didn't know 95% of the stuff in there about my own body! I feel so empowered now that I know!

With that said, I stopped taking BC a few months ago and it appears I have still not ovulated. I excercise a decent amount but I wouldn't call it excessive. I am also restricting calories by 400-500 per day which I wouldn't think was enought to change my cycle. I am hoping within the next month or so I will be back on track, if not I guess it will be time to see the doctor!
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    when I was anorexic it was two years. At uni, not anorexic, it is sometimes 3 months, 6 months, 1 month. It depends. I have gone to the doc about it, they took blood tests, but said there was nothing wrong (but that just happened to be when I was ovulating, for the first time in 3 months). I still get bloating and cramps, period or not, and my moods go a bit crazy. Its really annoying >:(
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    7 years (thank you mirena)

i save lots of money!

i never want to bleed from my vag again.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    In high school I lost 35 lbs in a very short period of time. I didn't get my period for 18 months, until I started gaining some weight back.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    *snort*
    Surefire way to get your period: wear khakis or white pants.

Guaranteed. :grumble:
  • Flass
    Flass Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6 months without mine now.

I haven't changed my exercising and am only moderately active. I still have fat to lose but have lost about 10kg in the past 10 months so I'm putting it down to that.

I hope the answer isn't to gain weight cause I still want to lose a couple of kg...

Thanks all for sharing! Makes me feel better :)