Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just finished Insanity!

I lost 7.2kg , 11cm from my waist and 39 cm overall. I did the program without any breaks but did not use the meal plan. I just logged my calories on myfitnesspal :smile:

Oh wow...amazing results...congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your starting weight and height?
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I've completed Insanity before but have fallen off the workout wagon since then. I restarted yesterday and it was just as painful as it was the first time. That's what I get for slacking! If I remember correctly, week 3 of both months was the worst for me last time. Day 2, done!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Just started week 4!! Feeling pretty good except my knees are kind of sore :) I can see a big difference and I cant wait until the end!
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh wow...amazing results...congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your starting weight and height?

Thank you! I was 73 kg at 163 cm at the start of the challenge.
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    I started Insanity last week. I am on day 9. Please add me . i need all the support. I am also doing C25K three times week and other workouts to maintain my muscle.
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just finished Insanity!

I lost 7.2kg , 11cm from my waist and 39 cm overall. I did the program without any breaks but did not use the meal plan. I just logged my calories on myfitnesspal :smile:

Awesome results! That's motivation right there!
  • cleskov
    cleskov Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just finished up my second day of insanity- all while fighting a cold. My lungs were burning and my legs feel like they weigh a ton each- but I can tell I'll have good results as long as I can find the strength to keep pushing through these workouts. I'm not gonna lie, I definitely wimped out often this morning. I'm hoping once my cold clears up I'll have a little better time keeping up.

Anyone have any good tips on how to stay motivated during this strenuous program? I'm just starting and already feeling overwhelmed- plus my knees are KILLING ME! Anyone else have that problem?
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just finished Insanity!

Wow that's some fantastic results! Great inspiration for the rest of us to keep pressing play. :smile:
  • bridetobeDec13
    Options
    Hi, I have just purchased Insanity and am planning to start this Sunday, any support would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks x
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Just completed Max Recovery for the first time - wow! Now any time I feel like giving up I can just tell myself that I've already completed all of the videos Insanity has to offer and so there is no reason not to make it to the finish line. 3.5 more weeks to go :D:D
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that wants to get rid of her Insanity set!!!! I've wanted to buy it for months, but just didn't want to spend the moolah in fear that I would not stick w/ it. She's bringing it to me Sunday and I plan on starting Sun!!!! I am scared, but excited at the same time. I can do this! Any tips or suggestions? Also, can I still weight train?
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of week 2 as well. I normally get up and work first thing in the morning but today for some reason I didn't want to get out of bed. What's great about these workouts though is that I feel icky (for less of a better term) if I don't do them. Turned down a Cardinals game because I didn't work out Monday morning. I feel awesome because of that! But another reason why I didn't get up this morning, is because I knew it would be one workout after the other. And 2 workouts before eating anything would be rough. Thankfully, there's something about the Insanity guy that keeps you going...maybe it's because the people in the back are passing out in the middle of the work out too!!! :) I just only wish that this was wayyy easier on your knees..BUT you can't have your cake and eat it too I guess.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that wants to get rid of her Insanity set!!!! I've wanted to buy it for months, but just didn't want to spend the moolah in fear that I would not stick w/ it. She's bringing it to me Sunday and I plan on starting Sun!!!! I am scared, but excited at the same time. I can do this! Any tips or suggestions? Also, can I still weight train?

Not sure how intensive your weight training is, but with some of the first month workouts I incorporated weights, for instance on the Cardio Recovery days there are a lot of squat and lunge moves where I would do rows or curls or kickbacks to get an upper body workout as well. You will likely have some muscle soreness, so you'll need to make a judgement call on whether you feel like it or not. That said, there is plenty of bodyweight exercises down in plank, etc, so not all hope is lost for some muscle definition :)
  • cleskov
    cleskov Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the same place as you right now, first week of the program, and I also did cardio recovery this morning. I think it is a welcome break from the high intensity- and I don't know about you but I am so sore that it's difficult to get out of my office chair at work! Don't skip the recovery day! Stretching is extremely important in order to maintain muscle health. Stick with it! We're in this together!
  • RJ74
    RJ74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm in the "recovery week" of my first round of Insanity. So far, I have lost NO weight. Thought I lost 2 lbs., but they missed me and came back. Kind of frusturated. I finished P90X just prior to starting Insanity and lost no weight there, either. I really need to lose 15 lbs. or so (heck, at this point I would be happy with 5 lbs.). Anyways, I HAVE lost about 15 inches since March. I KNOW that's what's important, but after doing Weight Watcher's for SO MANY years, I guess my brain is trained to focus on the number on the scale. Plus, I'm not in the "healthy" weight range for my height . I'm 5'4" and weigh 155. Enough whining, I plan on completing this, just having a pity party today. I do love the work outs and all that sweat has to be doing something, right???? Love that there are so many ladies doing this program. Here's to being stronger at 37 (almost 38) years then I was at 30! :happy:
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    DAY 40 INSANITY TODAY!!!!! WOW! PHASE 2 IS TOUGH!!! RECOVERY TODAY WORKOUT TODAY!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    yesterday was great but i welcomed cardio recovery today
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    Today is my 3rd day of Month 2 and OMG...my entire body is sore from the craziness of the past two days! Balance Push-ups?! Who in the *bleep* thought that was a good idea?! And the soreness of my chest...I may lose all of my little bitty "A" cup LOL!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Just finished up my second day of insanity- all while fighting a cold. My lungs were burning and my legs feel like they weigh a ton each- but I can tell I'll have good results as long as I can find the strength to keep pushing through these workouts. I'm not gonna lie, I definitely wimped out often this morning. I'm hoping once my cold clears up I'll have a little better time keeping up.

Anyone have any good tips on how to stay motivated during this strenuous program? I'm just starting and already feeling overwhelmed- plus my knees are KILLING ME! Anyone else have that problem?

My knees hurt too. I bought different shoes and after a few weeks in (last time) I had knee wraps on both knees while I was doing it. I can already feel my knees again and I'm only on day 4!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Ok, so I'm in the "recovery week" of my first round of Insanity. So far, I have lost NO weight. Thought I lost 2 lbs., but they missed me and came back. Kind of frusturated. I finished P90X just prior to starting Insanity and lost no weight there, either. I really need to lose 15 lbs. or so (heck, at this point I would be happy with 5 lbs.). Anyways, I HAVE lost about 15 inches since March. I KNOW that's what's important, but after doing Weight Watcher's for SO MANY years, I guess my brain is trained to focus on the number on the scale. Plus, I'm not in the "healthy" weight range for my height . I'm 5'4" and weigh 155. Enough whining, I plan on completing this, just having a pity party today. I do love the work outs and all that sweat has to be doing something, right???? Love that there are so many ladies doing this program. Here's to being stronger at 37 (almost 38) years then I was at 30! :happy:

I didn't lose weight the first time but I lost a whole lot of inches. Have you taken your measurements?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!