Don't eat these 5 foods???

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif
  • Kamiamama
    Kamiamama Posts: 3 Member
    i believe you can eat anything as long as your willing to workout and burn those extra calories off. Deprive yourself of things you enjoy is a major No when trying to lose weight.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Don't eat

1. poop
    2. rocks
    3. battery acid
    4. rubber
    5. beets (they're disgusting)

Otherwise, you'll be fine

Pfft. I eat poop on the rocks dipped in battery acid WITH a side of rubber. You're right about the beets though. That shizz is nasty.

You are going to DIE!!!! (eventually)

Hey!! Stop being so mean!! I LOVE beets!!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    5. Is wine a fruit juice? - kidding
    Why kidding? Wine = made from grapes = fruit! But soooo much yummier!
  • I love-love-love the 45 calorie Sara Lee. That's all I buy. My husband likes it too so it must be good. :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    ok, so plain white sugar is fine? thanks.

Yes, yes it is.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    Per a forum I listened to and read some of there information, "Trim Down Club". They promote loosing(I say releasing) fat naturally and healthy. There were five areas touched on. 1. margarine - causes hormonal imbalance
    2. sugar (hidden) - muffins, gronola
    3.whole wheat bread - stores fat, its a comfort food
    4. pastas - turn into bad sugars
    5. oj / fruit juices (concentrated) - juices have more sugars than the fruit itself
    smoothie). they are better than just juices.

Let me know your thought? Yes or No...

It's really up to you to decide what works or doesn't work for you. I lost weight eating all of those things.
  • Yesterday I was so low on my calories I actually had add tang so i can make the minimum calories. Without adding grams of fat.
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    I know a lot of people are all for the stay within your calories and all will be good theory, but I honestly don't agree. To me, health is more important than weight. I could stay under my calories easily filling it with processed weight loss products that are made in a lab, not a kitchen. Sure, you might lose weight, but your poor body doesn't have what it needs to work properly - and there is a high percent chance you'll gain back. I'd rather fill my body with highly nutritious foods that it can use even if I go over calories.

Also, things like pasta and bread contain gluten, and many people have gluten sensitivities without knowing, and when things don't digest well/you have an allergy to it, it can cause weight gain. Margarine is just nasty with all the oils they put in most, this is where I think more about the environment and GMO's etc.. Sugar is okay in moderation, try using things like agave nectar (lower glycemic index). Fruit juice is an awesome source of vitamins, if you juice it yourself, otherwise I stay away.
  • speedracer2007
    speedracer2007 Posts: 53 Member
    If you are accustomed to eating ( in moderation ) everything in 1-5 and give it up because of that article, I guarantee you, you will self destruct and crash. It's not realistic. Remeber, all these articles reflect usually just one persons opinion. I bet I can find you articles that say sugar is good for you. Everything in moderation...except rocks, rubber, & battery acid...you be the judge on poo.
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    i believe you can eat anything as long as your willing to workout and burn those extra calories off. Deprive yourself of things you enjoy is a major No when trying to lose weight.

Only if you have no willpower or not completely committed. Depriving oneself of brownies or potato chips is a GOOD thing, by no means is it a "no-no". But go ahead, keep eating and you either will not progress fully to your goals or what you do actually lose, will creep back on your body after a while.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    1. margarine - I use Smart Balance with no Transfat and low in sodium
    2. sugar (hidden) - well, anything canned or pre-prepared is generally pretty bad for you - check the ingredients
    3.whole wheat bread - I can't eat it - am allergic. I eat grains that are more tapioca/corn starch, oat, or other grain based. If I could, I can't imagine why a whole grain bread would be bad for you. Fiber is sorta important. It's better than white for sure - I can't eat it
    4. pastas - Ok. Someone is going a bit anti-carb. I like my rice pasta. Carbs need to be measured though so count them.
    5. oj / fruit juices (concentrated) - Fruit smoothies are always better. Plain blah juice - ick. I like orange juice though with the actual pulp. It depends on the brand and whether we're talking clear see through juice. I think it's still better than soda.
  • beckajw
    People think sugar is "hidden" in muffins and granola? Really?

Seriously, if you didn't know muffins and granola had sugar, you were living under a rock.
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Bull**** list that makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever!!
  • adriensmommy88
    adriensmommy88 Posts: 22 Member
    wine is def a fruit juice.. very nutricious. ha!
  • beckajw

Only if you have no willpower or not completely committed. Depriving oneself of brownies or potato chips is a GOOD thing, by no means is it a "no-no". But go ahead, keep eating and you either will not progress fully to your goals or what you do actually lose, will creep back on your body after a while.

It's not a good thing or a bad thing. Do what works for you. Eating chips and cookies is not going to make your weight come creeping back on, unless you are over eating. Cutting them out won't help you lose weight either, unless you are eating at a deficit.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    It's all crap. Assuming you have no specific health concerns/issues, then hit your cals/macros and go on about your life.

The only thing that's bad all of the time is trans fat, and the only thing that's good all of the time is water. Everything else can be good or bad depending on quantity and what else you are eating.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    I don't eat any of those. It's all a matter of how YOUR body reacts and how you feel. Nobody is the same. To each their own...
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    i don't eat any of those
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    1. margarine - causes hormonal imbalance

Hmmm...I do feel my estrogen spike when I eat "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter".

I see visions of Fabio!