I wear makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    ill admit i wear make up at the gym - i will even get up at 5 to put it on. I do go to a very fancy gym though and it makes me feel good. isnt that is why we aer all there anyway?

I have no problem with people that dont wear make up there, so why should they have a problem with me wearing it - just do your workout and mind your own business!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I've never heard anyone say you shouldn't wear deodorant when you workout. Makeup + sweat = pimples for me so I avoid it. I don't care what anyone wears or has on their face at the gym. If you want to work out in an evening gown I could care less.

Challenge accepted! I have just the evening gown! LOL. I didn't even think about the pimples......hmmmmm.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think after 5 pm, it's acceptable to wear make-up to the gym. and even earrings are acceptable accessories too. ;)

:flowerforyou: people assume you probably just came from work. but, show up at 6 am with that crap on, I'd be making fun of you. :laugh: (just kidding)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    If I look good, I feel good. If I feel good, I work hard! If I look like crap, I'm just not going to work as hard.

In my opinion: No shame in wanting to look your best so that you perform your best!

I actually rewarded my self with some cute yoga pants bc I do feel better working out in what looks cute.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup if I'm leaving my house, gym included!! And I'm not apologizing for it!! ;-)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My make up would be smeared all over my face due to the intense amount of sweating.. as well as all over my cutsy tee shirt (b/c I also wear them) when I wipe the sweat from my face. I'd HATE to ruin all my cute pink stuff with mascara. LOL Ps... deodorant.. very good thing.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My make up would be smeared all over my face due to the intense amount of sweating.. as well as all over my cutsy tee shirt (b/c I also wear them) when I wipe the sweat from my face. I'd HATE to ruin all my cute pink stuff with mascara. LOL Ps... deodorant.. very good thing.

Ever thought of using a towel?? LOL
  • lacreek7
    lacreek7 Posts: 10
    Options
    I rarely leave the house without makeup! LOL. I learned early on to do what makes me happy and ignore the negative vibes. They aren't worth the effort and we look lots better anyway.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    ANd I have to say this.. as a woman.

Cute clothes I get.
    But it kind of makes me sad that women think they "need" make up to look good.
    Because, you don't. You are just as pretty without. Especially after a good workout.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    so I have to ask....why? Is there a particular reason to wear full on makeup to the gym? Insecurity inside?
    I mean, I could care less, but since the topic has been brought up, I guess this is as good of a reason as any to ask why.

I seldom wear makeup on a daily basis, much less to the gym or to a race. I find natural beauty to be much more becoming. But then again, I have been accused of being a bit too self confident. :(
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

Nah.. even when I take a towel or grab one from the front desk I still manage to use my sleeves or the bottom of my tee. LOL I guess I've just been doing it my whole life on the softball diamond and its just reaction. LOL
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make-up every time I go by any means. However, I have to say, there are days when I do because I feel better when I can look in the mirror and see my eyes standing out rather than disappearing behind my chubby cheeks. It is a silly little thing, but a little waterproof mascara keeps me from sweating it all over the place and I avoid feeling sad about the extra fat on my face.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I wear make up and cute clothes to the gym too. I also probably look better and lift more than 98% of the girls there :happy:
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    so I have to ask....why? Is there a particular reason to wear full on makeup to the gym? Insecurity inside?
    I mean, I could care less, but since the topic has been brought up, I guess this is as good of a reason as any to ask why.

I seldom wear makeup on a daily basis, much less to the gym or to a race. I find natural beauty to be much more becoming. But then again, I have been accused of being a bit too self confident. :(

I rarely wear makeup and cute clothes because most of my time is spent at home with my son and doing school work. So whenever I get the chance to go out and make a public appearance I like to look all cutesy just because I don't get to do it that often
  • victoria4321
    Options

Nah.. even when I take a towel or grab one from the front desk I still manage to use my sleeves or the bottom of my tee. LOL I guess I've just been doing it my whole life on the softball diamond and its just reaction. LOL

You just need better make up. I would never workout in makeup that wasn't waterproof.
  • victoria4321
    Options

Not an insecurity. I already know I look good so if I can take 5 minutes to look even better than I'd go for it.

I could say the same thing about someone getting dressed everyday. It's much easier to put on big sweats, baggy tshirts, and flip flops to run errands on a daily basis. Doing this would make you look like a slob so does it make the person who puts in more effort to look presentable insecure?
  • hippietofugirl
    Options

Not an insecurity. I already know I look good so if I can take 5 minutes to look even better than I'd go for it.

I could say the same thing about someone getting dressed everyday. It's much easier to put on big sweats, baggy tshirts, and flip flops to run errands on a daily basis. Doing this would make you look like a slob so does it make the person who puts in more effort to look presentable insecure?

I agree. Good point
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I agree. Good point

Sure. Excellent point. You want to stop being called prissy princesses for wearing make up at the gym, but call those who chose to go casual slobs?
    Fantastic way to state your case.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    The last time I wore makeup at the gym they told me to leave. "This isnt that kind of place", they said. :cry:
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I always like to admire myself in the mirror as I'm working out....is this vain? Probably. Do I deserve to be vain after all the hard work I've done? Um..duh!

I do this all the time. LOL!