About to give up and just accept im fat

Replies

• Rebeccaa__
    Rebeccaa__ Posts: 2 Member
    It's only a small amount of weight lost but when you think about the exercise that you're doing, you're building your muscles too!
    If you're seeing inches being lost then you're doing something right!!
    Slow progress is still progress.

So don't give up.
  • JenRei87
    JenRei87 Posts: 91 Member
    The only thing holding you back is you. It's rude of you to comment back in an unappreciative manner if all you are going to do is come up with some an excuse. Do as you please then -_- All I see here is that people are trying to help and you make excuse after excuse.
  • mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Don't give up. Stay with it and add some people for support. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend.

Take care and stay with it.

Mark
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    You need to stop putting in quick calories so you can get your macros in order.. What are they? You also should be eating over MFP recommended protein. Some days you ate as little as 25g. You should be around 100g. Also make sure you are tracking your sugars.. But i think your culprit is the quick add calories.. are you guesstimating these?

That!

I think you're doing a lot of guess work whcih results in underestimating you calories and it gives you no feedback on your macros.

You can't just stick your finger in the wind and go "oooh that's about 150 calories". Start weighing your portions. Get off packaged snack foods, start cooking from scratch, high on the protein, low on the sugars and fast carbs and you'll start seeing some results.
  • The only thing holding you back is you. It's rude of you to comment back in an unappreciative manner if all you are going to do is come up with some an excuse. Do as you please then -_- All I see here is that people are trying to help and you make excuse after excuse.

Smh i got great advise! And i will use it;p Your comment is not needed hun
  • You need to stop putting in quick calories so you can get your macros in order.. What are they? You also should be eating over MFP recommended protein. Some days you ate as little as 25g. You should be around 100g. Also make sure you are tracking your sugars.. But i think your culprit is the quick add calories.. are you guesstimating these?

That!

I think you're doing a lot of guess work whcih results in underestimating you calories and it gives you no feedback on your macros.

You can't just stick your finger in the wind and go "oooh that's about 150 calories". Start weighing your portions. Get off packaged snack foods, start cooking from scratch, high on the protein, low on the sugars and fast carbs and you'll start seeing some results.

Like i said last night im not guessing. i could nt find the foods on the data base so i wrote the calories the pacage food.
  • please dont quit.you can do this.sarahkate what is the 20 day shred..
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    JenRei is right - it's one excuse after the other.

Can't find the foods on the database.
    Don't like muscle on women.
    Not enough money to eat clean.
    Won't have breakfast.
    I need to sleep.
    Won't cut out drinking.
    I do pilates & yoga.

etc etc. People have bent over backwards here to advise & encourage. the rest is down to you.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    u dont need money to lift " weights" you can work out with your own body weight. and sorry but muscles on women look sexier than fat everyone would agree to that.

Yes but i dont like muscle on women. My fiancce even said he would nt like it

You won't gain muscle that fast, really, you won't. People who put on muscle rejoice over 1MM of gain and that can take tons and tons of work.

At my smallest before my son I could squat (3 reps of 12) almost 140lbs, bench press almost 100lbs and do lots of other various heaving lifting. I was itty bitty size 4 who weighed 125-128. I had definition but not "real" what you would call large muscles. I was just very LEAN!!! Meaning,....little fat. BTW, I'm around 5' 3'' tall.

What I have learned this time around losing weight......

Lifting weights makes a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference!!!

I had a standstill for almost 35 days where Iost nothing!! I was doing heavy cardio 6 days a week at the YMCA.

I decided to switch things up and start lifting again like I used to do and boy has the weight started to peel off me!!

I lost 3 lbs the first week, 2 pounds the next, 1.2 pounds the next....and soo on. This week, I'm on track to lost 2.2 lbs!!!

I'm not up to my heaving lifting before but I'll get there eventually.

Remember, lean muscle in your body from weight lifting will make you body burn fat better.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    You need to stop putting in quick calories so you can get your macros in order.. What are they? You also should be eating over MFP recommended protein. Some days you ate as little as 25g. You should be around 100g. Also make sure you are tracking your sugars.. But i think your culprit is the quick add calories.. are you guesstimating these?

That!

Like i said last night im not guessing. i could nt find the foods on the data base so i wrote the calories the pacage food.

What these two posts in particular (like the many others) are trying to tell you is that logging information does require effort. You have the ability to 'build' the food-item you consumed instead of using the 'quick add calorie' option.

Your diary for several entries (I looked over several) are very poorly maintained. You rely on prepackaged foods alot. You rely on foods that are not the target-foods you should be having.

MFP even admits the database is poor - too many duplicates, too many errors, too many that are just plain out wrong and out in third base.

Take the time necessary to build your own food items for your MFP account.

There is a free online-tool at www.calorieking.com that gets you all of the nutritional information needed to enter in your own foods.

Get rid of the junk-type foods you are willingly eating. Those Ramen noodles.... Ive got news for you. Its a boiled, dried, fried product with on average 1025mg of sodium in that little packet. It will cause your blood sugars to spike high, and then crash about 5-10 minutes later... its not healthy at all.

If you are really serious about dedicating your health here, losing weight - you have to be real, get real, and have real foods.... You, the person are ultimately the reason why you cant lose weight - your poor choices, your lack of appropriately daily caloric intake.... You just have to realize that you are the only person who can make the commitment happen.. You have to own this for your own sake.

Cook your own foods from scratch - your body needs a good dose of real foods.... keep feeding it the junk you keep grabbing and you are gonna keep doing the same thing - lose a pound/gain a pound.. and worse.. keep gaining...
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    I'm just going re-iterate most of what the other posters said:

Clean up your diet. The canned soup and processed foods aren't good while dieting. I know you have a small child and cooking isn't easy, but preparing fresh foods is essential to weigh loss and a healthy lifestyle. While grocery shopping, try and shop around the outer perimeter of the store, avoiding convenience foods. If you really want this, you'll go the extra step, I did.

Stop using Quick Add Calories. If you ate it, it should be be in the food diary, take some extra time and find the item. If you ate it out and didn't cook it (aka. not sure of what they used to cook it) go on the conservative side while logging.

You say you never go over your calorie goal, well looking at your diary you did a couple days this week. I know what worked the best for me was to plan what I was going to eat the day before to make sure that it fit. If I gave myself freedom I ate crap. Especially with a young child, planning ahead works wonders.

Don't give up, this isn't a "punishment" or a "diet", it's a lifestyle change.
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Don't give up!
    It took me 1.5 years to loose 40 pounds, which is longer than most, but I lost it in the end. Take it a pound at a time, as long as the trend is downwards it is good.

Another question: Do you weigh yourself at the same time every time you weigh yourself? I weigh myself in the morning before I get dressed, I record it weekly. This way I can see my real loss, not my fluctuations. When I weigh myself in the evening with clothes on I am easily 4 pounds heavier.

Also; why did you think you lost 5lb but lost 1lb? Sometimes different scales say different things, so try to use the same scale every time, don't worry (or get excited) if your weight is different on a different scale, they can vary greatly. Timeof the month can also really help gain your weight, or in my case having a chinese meal means I gain 2 lb by the next day as the salt boosts my water level. Learn what makes your weight fluctuate and you will be less stressed about it. You can't learn this in a month though. It takes a while to learn what your body responds well or badly to.

I have lost 10 pounds in the past without loosing an inch, so be proud of your inch!

Well done, and keep on going!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    1 month and you want to quit?

Go for it - you're not in the right frame of mind.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Baby or no baby - sorry but cooking can still be done.... I was a single mother for almost 7 years and had no problem cooking meals from scratch .

It is a great way to start your child on real foods, not junk... Start the good habits now and your child will reap the benefits of seeing Mom eat healthy and they will want to eat the same foods you are.

See the pattern>?
  • HSMike2
    HSMike2 Posts: 16 Member
    Just looked at your diary and the days you've actually put in food you go way over your calories. (200/300+ each time)
    The only time you're not going over your calories is when you're adding quick calories(guestimating probs) which are probably incorrect.

You're also not adding drinks, a glass of pure orange is a 100 calories. I've seen you eat mcdonalds like 3 times in a week/2 weeks too. You should be drinking only water to save calories for food.
    I'm sure if you can afford mcdonalds you can afford some skinless chicken and salad/rice. low calorie food doesn't cost much.
  • kirsty_mc
    kirsty_mc Posts: 35 Member
    This also may be unpopular, but where do you do your yoga and your pilates?

I have never been an advocate of these thigns for "weight loss" as a standalone class. You need cardio and strength work in your life sweetie, more than you need to be able to do downward dog.

As you have a large number of processed foods in your diet, your sodium might be an issue. Check out the salt content in all your food, as too much salt is bad bad bad.

Do you have any stairs in your home? if you can incorporate simple functional exercises within your home (as you say its not very safe to workout outside) then that will be a huge help. Running up and down the stairs, dips from the edge of a chair, body weight squats/air squats, mountain climbers, abs work....

I wish you all the best in your journey but I urge you not to give up!
  • ghgs13
    ghgs13 Posts: 27
    It's only been a month, keep going, you'll see results! You can do it, you're doing so well already!
  • I am there with you...I have been doing this one month also... lost 3 gained 2.....I can't eat any less....I can't exercise more.....I am disgusted.....
  • Don't give up. I know I feel like that a lot. Although it seems easier....it will be harder. I see you have a baby. Think of it like this....if things were getting tough for them, you would not say, "just give up".

I have been attempting to just try something new. I can give you some ideas if you like.
  • I found getting started is the hardest part, esp after having a baby. I have 3 boys 10, 9 and 2 and am still struggling to lose 15lbs from my last pregnancy. I have the hardest time with just time management and eating things that are easy to log. Which for me means not eating out as much. Eating out only brings on more unnecesary calories and fat. Unless you have the time to work out hard and push it past your comfort zone its hard to see weight loss. I have lost some inches around my hips and waist doing cardio 5 days a week with ab and free wts and havent lost hardly any weight, but i can tell in my clothes. Once you get past the number and look at the change in your body, numbers dont mean as much. Once you get over this first hurdle, your body will change and bump up that metabolism so u will be burning more during the day than u use too. You change inside before you start seeing results on the outside and most of this is a chemical process due to pumping up the metabolism and putting on that muscle. After having kids i saw immediate change in my metabolism and had a harder time getting weight off that i expected so u will need to bite the bullet and kick up the intensity in your workouts. I noticed that helped me with my body and also with time management. Less time with a higher intensity makes for more time for kids and family.
    I feel like on some days i want to give up too, but then i realize what changes I do see and am thankful i am moving forward and not going backward.

Keep trying and let me know how it goes:) I know its not easy, but frustrating and that can hinder your progress. Fight it and stay in the loop. And then look back at the baby and say its all worth it.

Gingersnapx00