Things you LOVE seeing in the gym

Options

Replies

• JacquiKerzman
    Options
    I LOVE to see the STEPMILLS empty when I walk in so I can get on one and I love to see women that are strong, have muscles and curves :-)
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options
    Something other than the Sci-Fi channel on the big screen infront of the elliptical. And not a bunch of naked guys sitting on the exercise balls watching Sci-Fi channel, as if they don't have cable at home so they must pack the Y to see it. Yes, that's my dream.
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    yoga pants!

said every male, EVER. Including my three brothers -- they asked if I had a pair and I said, DO I?! What girl doesn't?
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love seeing girls in the free weights area or on the weight machines instead of eternally latching themselves onto the cardio machines :)

I also love seeing people who aren't plugged into headphones 100% of the time. Call me old fashioned, but every once in a while I like to talk to people around me. (not super long annoying conversations, but maybe ask a question about the machine or just smile and make a comment about the weather or how I like the person's shoes, etc) I miss days when people actually talked to each other and you could meet a friend/workout buddy in the gym. Now we're all like zombies
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the hot guy with the gorgeous blue eyes and the awesome tatts...damn!

That, too. He was actually wearing nerd glasses the other day. Adorable!
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I also love seeing older people at the gym. And I love to see the same people there day after day because those are the ones that inspire me with their dedication.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I like seeing people smile at me when they recognize me. I am not a very sociable person but it is nice to know there are other people that are in the same place as me for the same goals.

I am one of those "fat people in the gym" and I'm sure I get some mental pats on the head for that from the lovely fit people ... not sure quite how I feel about that, but I'm just there to work out.
    ^^ this^^ I too am one of the fat people, and incredible self conscious about working out in public. But even when the do smile at me I feel like they are just patronizing me, cause there is still that voice in my head saying "oh how nice for her to 'try' isn't that cute?" or "how pathetic" :frown:
    * I am also an extremely competitive person, so if I don't do just as good or better than the person next to me, I get incredibly discouraged
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love walking into the women only section and seeing it empty, I can use any machine that I want and don't have to wait for anyone.

I love it when I am on the treadmill and I can see the calories lost going up and up and up.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Empty ab area.....and when someone gets on to the machine beside me after I started and gets off before I finish..loove it!!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    yoga pants!

lol you wouldn't love seeing me in yoga pants.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    People doing honest, real, parallel or lower squats.
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I LOVE seeing girls lifting heavy and old folks doing Kickboxng.

I don't mind the full gym, on the contrary I wish more people worked out!
  • MumfordSL
    MumfordSL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally agree, I also love to see overweight people working hard in the gym, it is great to see thier motivation.

I always exercise first thing in the morning, (just because it suits my day) and the one thing I love also to see is the older generation working out. There is an 82 year old lady in our gym, she stills runs and swims and in my eyes that is one amazing lady.
  • tubaman58
    tubaman58 Posts: 151
    Options
    I like seeing someone try something for the first time......
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a theme here - an empty gym. I love getting my choice of treadmills, getting the fan, and getting all of my lifting done, instead of waiting on someone to quit talking at the squat rack. An empty gym also means no line for the tanning bed. :happy:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    myself in the mirror ;D
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hot bald guys :) - a girl can look right?

Empty pool!!

The old guy that comes in with a cane and kicks butt on the bike

No one on "my" treadmill :)
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Myself in the mirror when my muscles are poppin! :smokin:
    And an empty squat rack. Y'all can have the treadmills :wink:
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love to watch the sweat drip off my body and hit the treadmill... And yes, I clean it off after!
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The other day I saw a lady sporting her awesome six pack abs and notices her "tiger stripes". She looked wonderful stretchmarks and all. It really motivated me to take of this last pesky 4 pounds and be proud of mine too :)