Short People Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• lovezies
    lovezies Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5' here and I have struggled with my weight my whole life. At my heaviest I was 215. I'm now around 166. In my dreams I'm around 115. In reality 130 will do. I have found it SO hard to lose weight being short. It hurts to see people drop 30 lbs in a few months and I can't drop 10....:sad:
  • Scoobydoo1180
    Scoobydoo1180 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am new to the boards. Anyone here use weight machines ? I typically can drop 10 - 12 lbs in 3 or 4 months w/ healthy diet and exercise at home (I walk and have a stationary bike). I dropped about 14 lbs from the beginning of the yr thru May but gained about 9 back :(
    I am setting a new goal this time around to lose weight and I want to tone my muscles! :) I am hitting the gym in the morning before work. Not easy considering I am sooo not a morning person. I realized I am very tired when I go home so its a struggle to work out some days so this is my thought process. So far, I feel really great and have been in a better mood w/ more energy thru out the day. Just curious how long until I see results from the machines. Any thoughts ?

Oh, forgot to mention my height, 5' 2'' so on the short side.
  • krissyharden
    krissyharden Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'1 here. Down 27 lbs since I started MFP, down 17 in the past 2 months.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. So far, so good. :happy:
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    5'0" here, have lost almost 50 pounds so far and it hasn't actually been that difficult. Interestingly though, I was just shy of 5'1" when I started but lost enough fat from my feet that I'm down to 5' even at this point!

Maybe that's why I'm 3/4 " shorter than I remembered! :laugh: I went down 1 1/2 shoe sizes, which I thought was bizarre.
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am 5"nothin! I am 50+ lbs over weight and it shows. My BF is 6"8 1/2..... so my short round little body is ridiculous next to him!! LOL
    I have lost 1 lb this week since Monday. (not posting til Next Monday....maybe a couple more will fall off!! )

I have noticed that even a few lbs show up quick on us shorties!!!

AND WE AREN'T SHORT.... WE ARE FUN SIZED~!
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    5' nothing here (I miss the 80's...could easily pass
    As 5' 1 1/2" on a good hair day lol)
  • happyonetwentyfive
    happyonetwentyfive Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi . . . 5"1 here and 66 yrs. Although, I've been on mfp for quite some time, I've only seriously started working with it about a month ago, in addition to regular exercise. I take a zumba class 2 or 3 times a week and I've started taking a tai chi class as well. So far, I've dropped 4 lbs. Ideally, I'd like to drop another 30 to 40 lbs. But, it is very, very slow going. The message boards on mfp are extremely helpful and encouraging. My overall health is good (aside from hypothyroidism - on Levothyroxine and a very mild form of RA - on Methotrexate). I'm thinking of adding strength training to my weekly exercise at the gym - but, I just have to be careful not to overtax my wrists. As many others have said, the extra weight did not appear overnight, so it will time and patience to get to a healthy weight level. Best wishes to all!
  • roguestates
    Options
    5'2''-ish here and have lost a number of pounds prior to joining MFP. I moved to a new country and spent a lot of time walking around.

Loss has been slow in the past couple of months though. I don't know what I weigh anymore, but I have been keeping track of inches lost. Slow and steady! Eating between 1400-1600 net, though I have a few days here and there of eating over that amount.

Add me if you like!
  • SMEMILYemily
    Options
    I'm 4'11 too :) nearly half way through my weight loss, just over 40lbs left to go! woop
  • dobielover1
    Options
    5'2" and over 100 pounds to lose...I look like a beach ball with a head
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    5'3"
  • Hpmann
    Hpmann Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Am 5.2 and have lost 2.9 kg in 20 days...
  • toriking
    toriking Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 10" and I've lost 31lbs. Got about the same to go. :)
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and lost 65 pounds in roughly a year -- 105 and at my goal "body" I don't necessary go by what the scale says, but how I feel when I look at myself.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0" and have lost 26 lbs in about 6 months. It took a lot of hard work and dedication but was definitely not an impossible feat! Oh and I am also 32 so I am not super young either.

Please share how you've done it?
  • TiffGP
    TiffGP Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". I just joined at the beginning of this month. I have not lost any weight yet, but so far I have been logging on 15 days in a row.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    5'2''! :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on here short and have either lost weight or are losing weight?
    By short I mean 4'11'' - 5'3''
    According to you I'm not short.

I'm 4' 10"
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    5'2!
    HW: 135
    CW: 110