Women Should NEVER Lift Weights!

Options

Replies

• _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    My pink weights have hello kitty on them. It makes me feel more dainty when I lift them. So I know I won't get all bulky. I also try not to pick up and hold any children... those things are like 30 lbs! I just know my biceps will get huge if I do that. Yuck!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    ladies! its ok for you to lift weights. my mom does and shes not bulking up
    Really? Well she better stop before it's too late!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Waiting for the mom jokes to roll in
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    GAAAH PUNY HOOMANS!

^^Avenger's quote?!

More like Hulk quote dating back from Stan Lee's Incredible Hulk in 1962. However... I'm really really glad that you saw The Avengers movie. :smile: :flowerforyou:

EEEEEEE! <3 Yay!:bigsmile:
  • KittieLea
    Options
    I know, I wish someone would have told me because I went from this
    427523_10152065354650425_1265247442_n.jpg

to this after to much heavy lifting
    xprs-hulk.jpg

Not to MENTION the green skin
    I only wish I could have warned you sooner. I already look like a man, my skin is becoming a little green...I bet this is what I'll look like next!!
  • lucylu47
    lucylu47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Kitty.. really?? If true.. Where did ya find them =D <3 Hello Kitty
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    McKaylaMuscles.jpg?t=1344534995
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you wanna get all skinny and ladylike, all you have to do is wear super tight corsets and stop eating and just take the stairs! Lifting heavy might break your nails and ugghhhh it makes you sweat too!

No stairs! They'll give you massive quads and glutes. You need a man like Rhett Butler to carry you up any stairs.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I agree to a point... If you're lifting for resistance training, it's a great way to lose the weight. After all, the more muscle tone you have, the faster your body will burn the fat. However, if you're doing it for the sport of it -- I.E. bodybuilder status -- yeah, please don't. No guy wants to date a chick who looks more manly than he does. When used properly, weights can actually be quite helpful.
    If I look manlier than my man it sound like he is the one that needs to step it up.
    Did you seriously just say please don't become a body builder because men may not like it?
    I wish we were friends. So I could delete you.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    GAAAH PUNY HOOMANS!

^^Avenger's quote?!

More like Hulk quote dating back from Stan Lee's Incredible Hulk in 1962. However... I'm really really glad that you saw The Avengers movie. :smile: :flowerforyou:

Stan Lee is the man!
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    seriously I do a ton of weight training and I'm already about to bust out my scrubs and show my patients this gun show
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    So, I have been lifting since January, and let me just tell you-it's the biggest mistake of my life. I'm SO BULKY! I mean seriously, sometimes I'll just be sitting here at work minding my own business, and my shirt RIPS right off of me! It's crazy! I have to go through entrances sideways because my shoulders have become so broad I won't fit the normal way! And in the past week, my skin has taken on a greenish tint-weird!!
    Take my advice, don't lift anything heavier than a 2.5 dumbbell, stick to CARDIO only, and NEVER, EVER eat more than 1200 calories. You'll thank me!

LOVE IT.!!!
  • KittieLea
    Options
    So, I have been lifting since January, and let me just tell you-it's the biggest mistake of my life. I'm SO BULKY! I mean seriously, sometimes I'll just be sitting here at work minding my own business, and my shirt RIPS right off of me! It's crazy! I have to go through entrances sideways because my shoulders have become so broad I won't fit the normal way! And in the past week, my skin has taken on a greenish tint-weird!!
    Take my advice, don't lift anything heavier than a 2.5 dumbbell, stick to CARDIO only, and NEVER, EVER eat more than 1200 calories. You'll thank me!

You even look like you could play in the NFL.
    I love you for recognizing the person in my profile pic! :flowerforyou:
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I also try not to pick up and hold any children... those things are like 30 lbs! I just know my biceps will get huge if I do that. Yuck!

Wait.... So I am not to do this?!?!?!?!
    15638146_3951.jpg
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I disagree, too, because I had lifted weights (years ago) for years, and I never had that problem. I looked very healthy and had a healthy definition to my body overall. I ate over 1600 calories a day with lots of protein in my diet. I think EVERYONE is different in how their bodies react to everything. Just my two cents.:laugh: :drinker:
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    just came back from the store with my bedazzler....1# weights, here i go

FYI, you may want to bedazzle your gloves, too. It would be a cryin shame to get calluses on those purty hands.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I disagree, too, because I had lifted weights (years ago) for years, and I never had that problem. I looked very healthy and had a healthy definition to my body overall. I ate over 1600 calories a day with lots of protein in my diet. I think EVERYONE is different in how their bodies react to everything. Just my two cents.:laugh: :drinker:

SarcasmSign.jpg
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    just came back from the store with my bedazzler....1# weights, here i go

FYI, you may want to bedazzle your gloves, too. It would be a cryin shame to get calluses on those purty hands.

And, y'know, to not match.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Token mom joke

the only weight I lift is your mom.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I also try not to pick up and hold any children... those things are like 30 lbs! I just know my biceps will get huge if I do that. Yuck!

Wait.... So I am not to do this?!?!?!?!
    15638146_3951.jpg

**gasp** this woman clearly needs an intervention. quick!