Things you LOVE seeing in the gym

Options

Replies

• dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    GUYS with muscles sweating .. moaning lifting... making noises that sounds abit like .. well .. oh and me back there lifting rite along with them.. cuz I can !!! :love:

I can not stand the grunters. I do not need to go to the gym listening like a man is cumming like he never has before or something. It is not necessary.

Good thing you don't work out at my gym.

I am definitely a grunter. I also push myself harder than I ever have before and can't hold in the grunt. I try and push myself to crying and collapsing daily. I like to see what my limit is.

I have never worked out before so finding my limits usually ends with me grunting.

Oh and I wouldn't go to a dojo. They always make noises.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    GUYS with muscles sweating .. moaning lifting... making noises that sounds abit like .. well .. oh and me back there lifting rite along with them.. cuz I can !!! :love:

I can not stand the grunters. I do not need to go to the gym listening like a man is cumming like he never has before or something. It is not necessary.

Good thing you don't work out at my gym.

I am definitely a grunter. I also push myself harder than I ever have before and can't hold in the grunt. I try and push myself to crying and collapsing daily. I like to see what my limit is.

I have never worked out before so finding my limits usually ends with me grunting.

Oh and I wouldn't go to a dojo. They always make noises.

There are legitimate grunters then there are grunters where I think, "WTF ARE YOU DOINGGGGGGGGGG?"

For example, this one guy in my TRX class.....we will do push ups for a minute with the strap, but I always opt for on the ground push ups because they are harder, and he will be over there grunting SOOOOOOOOO loud while doing 1 minute of push ups then QUIT before the 60 seconds is done. Ummm, WTF ARE YOU DOING? Seriously?

Or the moaning while stretching. STOP!

I like when a guy does that deep rawr when he's at the top of his reps. That's hot. Unnecessary or ridiculous grunting REALLY annoys me.

My gym is underground. There's no wearing headphones. There's no cell service.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    No one said it yet - mothers and daughters working out together !!! or couples working out together !!!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    No one said it yet - mothers and daughters working out together !!! or couples working out together !!!

Me and my husband go to the gym together most of the time if I go at night. I'll look up and look over at the bench press station and he's looking at me while I'm curling. I like that.
  • aplusgeek
    Options
    I love seeing women lift/bench more than guys.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I love watching this unlikely friendship between a 20-something guy and a 60-something lady. She loves to talk and he loves to listen, but every once in a while she gets so wrapped up in what she's chatting about that she stops working out. He always says, "Omm, come on now, keep going!" when she pauses. She smiles and gets back to it, then continues their conversation.

aw that is sweet.
  • jshort152
    Options
    Our powerlifters are always talking with the 65 year olds on the treadmills haha
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I LOVE how our gyms tredmills are set up directly above the weight section (which is massive and full of juice heads LOL) Talk about motivation, run another 5 miles and maybe you can someday have one.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    The scales and the wonderful Gym instructor that weighs me each week - She is more excited by my loss each week than I am :happy:
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot, walking by the yoga room where the ladies are busting their *kitten* and at the very least convincing myself that they're checking me out.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love seeing older people in the gym. Especially older women lifting weights.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Women using free weights
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    air conditioning, or lots of fans. space between equipment, a mostly empty room. Lots of cleaning stations, with fresh towels.
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the woman in the wheelchair that works her *kitten* off lifting weights... she motivates me everytime I see her there. To think of how she gets up gets dressed goes through her daily routine and gets her butt into the gym all this while being handicapped makes me shut the heck up when I complain about having to drag myself to gym.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I love seeing women on the treqadmill!!! LMAO..i AM kidding, if you knew me you would expec that! But I REALLY like seeing the guys older than me working out.......very inspirational.
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Females that can outrun me...or that just shut up and LIFT. Awesome.
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Women using free weights

Ooh that's a good one. I've really only seen one or two women at my gym using free weights; one extremely confident in what she was doing, others being kind of tentative. I wanted to tell them it was going to be a great experience for them and they should go at it 100 percent, but I try to keep a strict "keep it to yourself" policy at the gym.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I love to watch the newbies set the speed on the treadmill and then step on it only to be flung off the back. LMFAO. Or women on treadmills that don't secure their girls with a sports bra. At least they get noticed but it can't be good. Reminds me of the movie "10" from back in the day.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love seeing people actually using the machine, not just leaning on them and talking. People running really fast on the treadmill, I can't run like that. (hip dysplasia)
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the hot guy with the gorgeous blue eyes and the awesome tatts...damn!

That, too. He was actually wearing nerd glasses the other day. Adorable!

Love me some nerd glasses :) MMMMM YUM!