10 things I have learned along the way.

Options

Replies

• cariitasway
    cariitasway Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This post made me wanna get off my *kitten* & exercise! Going swimming :) thanks!
  • leslieaht
    Options
    bump
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST!!! Congratulations on 51 pounds DOWN in 200 days. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! ONWARD and DOWNWARD. Thanks again for such a wonderful post and reminder. Wishing you continued success on your journey and lifestyle change....

Marie
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Well stated! Thank you for sharing! :drinker:
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Really good post - common sense really but so many of us have so little of it....
  • Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good post, just thought I'd add that you don't have to eat breakfast and if you're feeling hungry but already at your calorie limit, drinking water can help as sometimes your body will say you're hungry when you're just thirsty.
  • MiChell46
    Options
    What a wonderful piece!! Thanks for writing it - and writing it so well!!

Good luck on your continuing quest for health and fitness!!
  • ppatricia81
    ppatricia81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    what a wonderful post, it makes me realize that losing the weight wont be an overnight thing, its hard work and im willing to do it :smile:
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Great post! Ty! Love the common sense approach :)
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Great post! Thanks!
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    Wow thank you for sharing and it's all definitely true and helpful information....I'm not on a diet it's a lifestyle change; this took me a little while to comprehend but it's going to be so worth it once i reach my goal weight plus it's going to give me a healthier body and longer life......Congrats on your success!!!
  • rileydog14
    Options
    thanks so much! So inspiring!
  • taffyRN84
    taffyRN84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OH so true, thanks for sharing, i just got another boost of motivation
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great wisdom in this post. Thank you for sharing.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    nice post
    so true
    but the one about eating breakfast???.....really hard
    specially if you get up just in time to get to work !!!!!

GREAT posting OP. As for hard to eat breakfast...nothing says it has to be a BIG breakfast. I grab 2 slices of lunch meat from the fridge on my way out the door. (98% fat free chicken breast...70 calories for 2 slices) and I typically am shoving it in my mouth as I am shoving the car keys into the car door.
    No, not ideal, but it is enough to jump start my metabolism for the day!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes, indeed! It's a lot of common sense, isn't it? And not really as hard as it seems.

I'd like to add: Break it down into small, reachable mini-goals that you can cross off until you reach your final goal. It makes it easier to digest than trying to focus on the big overall picture which is intimidating.

Congratulations on your success! Very impressive!

Thanks for sharing what you've learned along the way!

Thanks for the kind words all of you! :flowerforyou:

I wondered if it would be worth the time to write all that stuff down. I am glad some folks found it helpful. :blushing: You all are awesome. I have been inspired by the people who told their success stories here and especially those who had the guts to put their before and after photos up, so I thought I would add something. This stuff can get so confusing if you get caught up in all the arguments about what exercise is "Best" or whether "low carb" or "low fat" is best. It can be simpler than that.

Its funny that breakfast is the most controversial thing! Personally I hate breakfast, so I can sympathize. I am not ready to eat until about 9 AM, but I have learned that I need to get something in my stomach to get a decent workout. For the record, I am not suggesting you have to make a giant breakfast. I make a protein shake or a meal replacement shake, or just grab a banana and a glass of water if I am in a rush.

I totally agree about setting several goals along the way! It makes a huge difference, whether its a 5k, or pair of jeans you want to fit into by Labor day, or a wedding dress, whatever. Just saying, "I want to loose 50lbs" seems so HUGE. 10lbs by St. Patties day is much more manageable. Then set another goal.

I have a Tough Mudder Race coming in December, and I have been training hard so I don't embarrass myself in front of my team! It keeps me hitting the gym.

There are probably about 5 other things I have learned along the way, but the post was too long as it was. Maybe I will do a follow up, including "Your scale lies to you."

Go kick butt today!
  • expoduck
    expoduck Posts: 59
    Options
    I think I may just need to print this out and stick it on my fridge. ;)

Thanks so much for posting, seriously. :heart:
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thank you for the post. You have made a lot of sense and I plan to follow it. I have been haphazardly working at my weight loss but I realize (after reading your post) that I need to write out a plan from getting up time to going to bed time. I work at a high school and to take a tip from another mfp, pack up ziplock bags of snacks and lunches for the work days. I am terrible to grab stuff out of machines. NOT GOOD. I look forward to hearing more from your journey. Interesting isn't it? A journey. I want mine to be a healthy and happy one from this point on. Thanks again.
  • mz2mutch
    mz2mutch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you tht is so helpful to me ive cut so many things now if i can get me a good excercise rutine ill be in there
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!