Do you text and drive?

Options
123457»

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Nope, carrying precious cargo...see pic. Living life as an example to the kids. I'm their role model.
    My precious cargo is ME!

Doesn't get more precious than that...

EDITED TO ADD

Back in the days of phones with buttons, if I was on an empty road, II used to text things like "delayed eta 1200" while driving, because I could put the message together by touch alone,

Would never do it these days with smartphones!

\mrbrt
  • kristinacottle
    Options
    Sometimes (ONLY), at a red light :embarassed:
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    3 teens died in richfield Mn while distracted driving, the driver was looking for paper to write his phone number on for a girl next to him, ran into a parked semi at 65mph.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    My best friend was sitting in the back seat of a Chevy Impala when a guy in a large pickup slammed into the back of their car, and sandwiched them between the truck and the car in front of them. The truck didn't even apply the brakes before he hit them at over 90kmph.

My friend was found unconscious in the car and had to be air lifted to the nearest critical unit where he then spent the next 9 months of hit life confined to a hospital bed.

He suffered multiple internal injuries, multiple fractures to his hip and his back is permanently messed up. He is in constant pain and has to take medication for it for the rest of his life. In school, he constantly got over 90% average, but after the accident, his brain function was reduced from the trauma he suffered and he could only achieve a 70% average. He made it into university for engineering, but he couldn't wrap his head about many of the theories and problems that would have been easy for him if this collision never happened.

The cell phone found in the truck had a text on it that was sent the exact minute the truck hit the car. The driver didn't even see THREE stopped cars in front of him. My friend is lucky to be alive.

So please, if you do text and drive, stop. You WILL kill someone, just like you WILL kill someone if you were drinking and driving.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only idiot that does text and drive.

don't be so hard on yourself, there are many, natural selection will do the weeding soon enough.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    If my boyfriend is in the car I make him check my phone.
    I am guilty of checking in on foursquare at the red light.

When car is in motion, phone goes in the cup holder (I usually have the navigation on)
  • kyomoon
    kyomoon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER texted or spoke on my cell while driving... EVER! When my cell rings I ignore it... until I can pull over somewhere. A couple of years back my much younger sister was driving me & my kids home and was texting! I pulled that phone out of her hand and told her if she wanted to kill herself that was fine but she could do it when my kids weren't in the car! She totally laughed it off. IDIOT!

Now we have a distracted driving law in our province... not that it does a fat lot of good. You still get brain dead morons thinking that they can both drive and talk on the phone or drive and text.... OR... and this is my personal favourite... READ THE NEWSPAPER!!! WTF?!?!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Never ever. I rarely even have my phone near me when I drive, just to eliminate the temptation.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Texting and driving is WACK!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    What drives me nuts is when I ask someone to stop texting while driving and they don't take me seriously -.- once I was in a car full of kids too
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm not that dump. I usually pull over if I'm going to set up electronics or start a call. I never take my eyes off of the road. It's just too dumb.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only idiot that does text and drive.

Funny, huh? 90% of the people I see on the road have a phone in their hands. I'm not saying they are all texting, but some of them surely are. Yet noooooo one is this thread does.

Texting is dangerous. So is eating while driving - anyone do that? Speeding is dangerous. Where do you draw the line?

Oh, and for the record, I do... and I'll probably continue to do it.

good call dude...this threads either full of wonderfully perfect drivers or fckn liars. ;)

Its probably because most people dont want to own up to their mistakes.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Only D-bags text and drive... I post on form threads and drive!
  • lessoff
    lessoff Posts: 19
    Options
    my friends do this all of the time. usually im like let me read that to you. i dont even check my missed calls while driving. i figure if it is important they will call back. my husbands car actually tells him who is calling (through his radio). which is cool, except it says my name is Hy-may (instead of jaime). haha.