honest opinions on dress for my hen party!

Options

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Blokey Brit Update - You look great but the shoes are clunky (and chunky) and the dress is a bit of a mullet.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am on about. :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    By the way, I'm wearing a mullet dress today :happy:
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't like this style of dress (I'm in the UK) or pink - so I'm probably the worst person to teply! I think with a figure like yours something more fitted and structured would be way more flattering and show off your curves! I think something like this would look better -

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/Kookai/Kookai-Cotton-Sateen-Bustier-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2427196&SearchQuery=pink dress&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=12&sort=-1&clr=Pink

But what is important is how you feel in the dress you wear! :smile:
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think your dress is cute. You look great in it. I wasn't sure at first about the pink color but with evening makeup and hair I think it would look nice. My daughter would love it! I do agree that a strappy shoe would look great with it.

I'm from the US and guessed you were talking about a bachelorette party:-) Most important is have fun.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty and suits the occasion. I like the idea of replacing those shoes with the other black shoes you own.

Sidenote: I love the dress in your profile picture. I want it haha.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Dress is okay, pink is gross but if you have to wear pink for this party then that is that eh.
    as for the shoes I disagree with the delicate small strappy shoe suggestions you are getting. With that dress I would wear my black leather platform boots. Add some rocking jewellry as well.
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    its my hen party on 8th sept and iv been finding it hard to pick something to wear!
    iv bought this dress but im now not sure about it,

BTW im in uk and this style is very current here

be as honest as possible thanks :)

268640_10152018903290637_229659731_n.jpg

maybe with a sparkly strappy silver sandal? personally on my hen night i got a killer LBD! nothing says you re confident and sexy than a LBD!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful- but the real question is do you FEEL beautiful! Your opinion matters most :)

This! If u have asked the question, it's not the right dress for you!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It does nothing for yoru shape and makes your tan lines really stand out. I am not a fan of that sort of colour as it tends to wash white skin out.

Plus the flowing bottom does nothing for your lovely legs. Something more classic and tight fitting would be better, in a darker colour.

Not sure I like the shoes but that could because it doesn't go with the dress.
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    Love the dress but not the shoes.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    It's super cute but I hate the color...It would be fab if you could get it in an aqua color
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not crazy about how it's longer in the back and definitely don't like those shoes with it. Find something else.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I really like it, it looks good!!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love the dress and think it's perfect for the occasion! Congratulations!!!

I do agree with others about the shoes though, a nice pair of something a bit more delicate looking would really compliment the dress : )
  • Sammyk50
    Sammyk50 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this dress. You look great :) Whether it's good or bad for the party I really don't know.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I think the dress is lovely, it just needs a bit more delicate shoe with it to be perfect.

i agree! and enjoy your special moment!
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think it has the potential to look great on you once you have the right shoes picked and get all tizzied up for it :-)
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think the dress is lovely, it just needs a bit more delicate shoe with it to be perfect.

I agree!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My opinion on this dress is...NO

The color is too glaring, the cut is strange (I now it's what is in 'fashion' now but still), and the shoes don't go with it at all.
  • forcrand
    forcrand Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from strapless, as you never want to feel like you're about to go topless by accident - especially when you're supposed to be having fun!