NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I WOKE UP TODAY WITH VERY LITTLE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I need a dancing emoticon! :wink:

So - I am off to the Renaissance Festival, and shall post a proper Sunday Share upon my return. In the meantime, please forgive me while I pat myself on the back, toot my own horn and throw myself a parade! :happy: I'm sorry, I'm just so incredibly happy right now.. so please forgive me if I am a little silly.:blushing:

I wish you all a WONDERFUL Sunday, filled with success and joy! :drinker:

I LOVE Renfaires!! I want to hear all about it when you return!!!!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I hope it is okay for my "Sunday Share" to share what is lately my favorite poem. I was reminded of it yesterday at one of the picnics. A woman had one of the lines tattooed on her arm. While I'm not ready to go that far (yet), I find the confidence displayed within the poem to be inspiring. While I can't say I see me in the poem, I see my own potential in it. Do I make sense?

Phenomenal Woman
    by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
    I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
    But when I start to tell them,
    They think I'm telling lies.
    I say,
    It's in the reach of my arms
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

I walk into a room
    Just as cool as you please,
    And to a man,
    The fellows stand or
    Fall down on their knees.
    Then they swarm around me,
    A hive of honey bees.
    I say,
    It's the fire in my eyes,
    And the flash of my teeth,
    The swing in my waist,
    And the joy in my feet.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
    What they see in me.
    They try so much
    But they can't touch
    My inner mystery.
    When I try to show them
    They say they still can't see.
    I say,
    It's in the arch of my back,
    The sun of my smile,
    The ride of my breasts,
    The grace of my style.
    I'm a woman

Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

Now you understand
    Just why my head's not bowed.
    I don't shout or jump about
    Or have to talk real loud.
    When you see me passing
    It ought to make you proud.
    I say,
    It's in the click of my heels,
    The bend of my hair,
    the palm of my hand,
    The need of my care,
    'Cause I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

We are rather phenomenal around here, aren't we? Both the women and the men. Each of us hold a charm that is difficult to put into words sometimes, but very, very real.
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @ naceto-s022.gifdance013.gif
    Eat a turkey leg for me at the Renaissance Festival:smile:

@jtconst- I bet you get some of that good Alaskan fish, the kind I spend $20 a lbs. for.:ohwell:

Just got back from the Farmer's Market

FrarmersMarket-2.jpg

Man your veggies and fruit look WAY better than mine do, wish I had a Farmer's Market like that here!

Sunday Share: I am 28 years old and work for a pharmaceutical wholesaler. I can actually tell people I am a drug dealer and be completely accurate and legal, lol! Haven't had breakfast yet because I had to run the dishwasher first, So I guess I will be having lunch since it is almost noon. @raven I am also a big gamer, I play mostly MMORPGs but love the Zelda series and few others. That's why it is so hard for me to fathom exercising because I love nothing more than coming home from a long day at work and logging in to my fantasy realms.

To everyone posting, I wish I had more time to respond to each personally but Sundays are generally my "chore" day so I have lots to do. Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @Believe1213 ~ You can do it! I went back to school when my daughter was in preschool, and my son was in 3rd grade. I remember being terrified but took one day at a time. You will be glad you did!

@SanID ~ I am a special education teacher (6th grade). My son (now 28) has a mild mental handicap. When he was a toddler, I found myself picking up anything and everything to read about disabilities. When we moved to a college town, I decided to take special education classes in an attempt to learn more about how to help him. He was 8 years old at the time. I never even wanted to become a teacher. My mom was a teacher, and I wanted nothing to do with it! Well, I ended up getting degrees in special education and elementary education. Because of my son, I found my niche. I believe God gave me my son to steer me in the right direction for His plan in my life. I would not be a teacher otherwise. I guess that's my Sunday share!
  • chandra05
    chandra05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to the myfitnesspal community. Today is my second day online and I am looking forward to actively engaging, motivating and supporting myself as well as others as we continue on this weightloss journey together. One thing I have decided to do with regards to staying the course is to focus on small short term goals because when I focus on the long term large amount of weight that I must lose it is overwhelming to me. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and pictures of the lovely farmers market fruits and vegetables. :smile:
  • tessdel
    tessdel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, ya'll.... I am on the cusp of having lost 100 pounds (I am two pounds away from that goal), and it is exciting. But... when I think about ALL the weight that I STILL have to lose, I get pretty bummed! How do you keep your focus on the PRESENT and do the "one day at a time" thing with out letting the enormity of what you have to accomplish overwhelm you? I try not to think about the next 100 pounds but it's hard to keep my mind from going there.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I WOKE UP TODAY WITH VERY LITTLE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I need a dancing emoticon! :wink:

So - I am off to the Renaissance Festival, and shall post a proper Sunday Share upon my return. In the meantime, please forgive me while I pat myself on the back, toot my own horn and throw myself a parade! :happy: I'm sorry, I'm just so incredibly happy right now.. so please forgive me if I am a little silly.:blushing:

I wish you all a WONDERFUL Sunday, filled with success and joy! :drinker:

You deserve a day without pain!!! I would be jumping up and down too. Enjoy your day.
    Christine
  • monarchris
    Options
    Hey, ya'll.... I am on the cusp of having lost 100 pounds (I am two pounds away from that goal), and it is exciting. But... when I think about ALL the weight that I STILL have to lose, I get pretty bummed! How do you keep your focus on the PRESENT and do the "one day at a time" thing with out letting the enormity of what you have to accomplish overwhelm you? I try not to think about the next 100 pounds but it's hard to keep my mind from going there.

You can stomp out those ANTS (automatic negative thoughts) as Dr. Daniel Amen (writer of Change Your Brain, Change Your Body) says. We can change those thoughts when we notice we have them. One way is to argue with those thoughts. Write them on paper and write down all the successes you have had losing 98 lbs (wow what an accomplishment!!!) and tell yourself those thoughts are hogwash. Focus on the positive. Hang the list of successes on a mirror or the refrigerator and read them daily or whenever those ANTS show up.

Christine
  • monarchris
    Options
    Morgori the fruit and veggies look wonderful, almost too good to eat:love::love: :love:
  • Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new to MFP. I actually "joined" the thread yesterday, but don't see my post any where. My schedule is super crazy for a couple more days then I should be able to settle down and reply more individually to other post. I am looking forward to supporting and being supported by others in this weight loss journey. Glad I made it in just under the wire, I see it is already on page 18.

Sunday Share: I am 45 and live in Florida. I am married, work full time and have 2 young sons. One son is following in my waistline. He is 9 and already wearing boys size 16-18. The other one is 8 and super thin. I don't want either one of them to grow up focusing on their weight. The best way for me to help them is to get my weight under control and set a good healthy example for them. i am starting TurboJam to help with the exercise part of the weight loss and hope to join a gym or the Y when I loose some weight and can move more (at least feel like I can move more without people staring so much). I joined a gym last year, but didn't go much. Everytime I went in I felt like people were looking saying what is that fat woman doing in here. Look, she was only on the bike (or treadmill) for like five or ten minutes and now she's done, no wonder she's so huge. No one ever said anything to me, but I did get more than one condesending look. I know I shouldn't let it bother me and just be glad I worked out as much as I could, but it does. So, here I start over, again, determined to make it work this time.

I look forward to getting to know each of you better.
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @monarchris - Great job on the 4 walks with Belle. I'm sure she loved them!

@skinnyjeanz - I can't imagine having to mow the lawn. That's so much work! Also I have to say I don't think a donut can ever not taste delicious. JMO.

@Laurie (and skinny) - I want to try Cross Fit but I just don't think I'm up to it yet. I hate jumping, too, and I see myself just collapsed on the floor after 2 minutes.

@jana - A 5K is on my list of things to do, too, sometime way in the future.

Sunday Share - Hmmm, not much to say so I'll just repeat some of what I said last week. I'm 46, a pharmacist and I live in North Carolina. My mom lives with me and since she is retired she works out way more than me. I try to get to the gym 3-4 times a week but it doesn't always happen. I started eating healthier in January but I still love soda, pizza and burgers (and donuts) and can't imagine ever not liking them.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @ Alanakerr - congrats on buying a new swimsuit - hope you get to use it a lot. I just started swimming a week ago. Some sore muscles but I am keeping on doing it despite the aches.
    @Freeuheart - WOOT on fitting in new clothes - what a great feeling isn't it!
    @Alleykat - hope your talk goes well with soon to be MIL.
    @Susan2396 - yummy sounding pizza - are those mushrooms soggy or spongy at all? I've never tried them...:ohwell:
    @tigerlinly - welcome - hope you get to enjoy your sister's pool a lot!
    @Artemis - great job on the sodium - I think its especially difficult to watch and control. So kudos to you!
    @Laurie - you have sharp eyes and are calm in an emergency - just the kind of characteristics we want in our teachers HUGS to you in general gratitude!
    @CathEsh - I envy your thigh muscles - you must be biking a lot! My thighs are still jello, jello. jello! GREAT NSV getting your classroom all set up for the year ahead! I also was moved by your story about how God led you to become a special ed teacher - you and your son must be a super team together. I think he is one lucky boy. :love:
    @Vidvox - welcome to another Canadian pal and teacher. Yes, posting your food is sooo important. You teachers seem to have a leg up in that area over us lay folk - I think you are more disciplined and better at paperwork.
    @Believe1213 - what are you going back to school for? Is it nursing?
    @SMA1978 - welcome, and you couldn't have found a better thread for friendship and support.
    @Linder - Uh, I thought I was just about the only one that "talks" to the squirrels. They delight me with their antics!:tongue:
    @Sherry009 -congrats for walking a mile daily - thats quite enviable. Yes, do get into the water habit. Its so good for your skin!
    @CelticHippo - sounds like you are doing well. WHen you do have a major event coming up, try to save up calories in advance of the event, so you have some calories to use on that event. I can explain more if I'm not being clear. Just ask.
    @ladyfingers - you can consider us all your buddies here. I don't do friends any more because I spend all my efforts on this thread.
    @Helen - I love that poem - and what a phenomenal poet too.
    @Christine - I didn't comment earlier on how well you handled the incident with your son and how you resisted eating in response, but I agreed with all the comments that it was a wonderful victory and a great example of emotional growth we could all learn from. And now you've dropped another great lesson on us - ANTS! (automatic negative thoughts) I LOVE IT!!!!
    @Mom2Cubs - I did see your previous post - its just buried back there! As far as having gym anxiety - I know how that goes. But you can learn to get over it as most of it is negative thinking on your part. Sorry someone looked at you in a negative way - I would stare back at them and say or mouth a big "WHAT?" and they'll be dumbfounded and embarrassed. As well they should be. It is our job to put these people in their place. Or flash them a big smile and keep smiling until you get a smile back. And also, a recent lesson I learned, is to think about your exercise time as your play time. This attitude change makes a big difference in how you look forward to going to the gym. :flowerforyou:
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happy to be joining this thread! I've been stalling and unmotivated lately, and I could use the support from others who have as much to lose as I.

Right now, I'm obsessed with setting up my fantasy football teams. I've done 4 drafts so far. Frustrated I'm always placed at the end of the first round and never able to get Rogers, Brees, Brady or McCoy! I'm so excited that fall, and football season, is on the way.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I will be announcing at the roll-over (at the end of page 20, newbies, when we start a new page 1) a new policy for this thread. To keep the thread from moving any faster, we are going to close membership to any more newbies. Be happy for yourselves that you have joined this group in the nick of time! All of you are staying with us, we will just not accept new members after the roll-over. I will be posting at the top of our new page 1 a message like this:

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED TO NEW MEMBERS. IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY POSTED TO THE THREAD YOU ARE WELCOME TO RETURN.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE CLOSED DOOR POLICY BUT UNDERSTAND IT IS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF OUR ALREADY TOO LARGE GROUP

.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Robin, Moderator
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Robin, Moderator
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about how much I ate before I started on MFP. It was an amazing amount of food every day. Then I started to think about the kind of food I used to eat. I thought I wish I had logged some of those days just to see how bad they were. I used to eat me some fast food:tongue: So I figured that I could log all fast food for tomorrow and then then just delete all of it. Here is what a day of fast food came out as on my log.

ffood.jpg

I probably would have eaten much more than this if I actually went. It is my new motivation for not going to fast food places anymore.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf
    http://thinkslimmer.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/bww_nutritional_info.pdf
    http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/information/
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin- thank you for starting this thread and all the work you do to maintain it. You have established a warm and welcoming community.

nacteo- Enjoy the Renn Festival. The one here starts at the end of the month. I also enjoy the festival.

Helen- Great poem, thanks for sharing.

Someone asked about getting over the hump of the initial success and staying motivated. All I can suggest is to set new goals for yourself, try different exercises and change the routine around. We all deal with these periods of lack of motivation and we spend time looking for new ideas or something to help jump start us again. Not everyone responds in the same way to change but we can embrace it and strive to keep improving ourselves. It is not easy as I have been stuck for months without much success but I keep trying and learning new things every day.

Share- As I mentioned above I have been struggling for months. I wanted to lose 10 lbs this summer but have not succeeded. It was not for lack of trying since I have been more aware of what I have been eating and watching the amount of carbs. I have come to the conclusion that my body is adjusting to this new weight and is working on becoming healthier and more tone. Now I am focusing on doing exercises correctly and learning how to control specific muscle groups such as my lats and glutes- I want those suckers to fire when needed. I just need to believe that learning how to control these muscles will benefit me in the end.
  • arbrewst
    arbrewst Posts: 18
    Options
  • Suz_8589
    Suz_8589 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    How do I know if Im a member or not? lol
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    @sswan - If you post a comment, you are a member - but you have to post before page 20! You've posted, so you're a member - welcome!