Fit N' Fun-Sized - WEEK 5!

Options

Replies

• marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am still here. I had done the chart with the weigh ins, but with the holidays I have been kind of absent. Also, as reflected in my tracker we moved our wedding date up to the end of this month so that's been keeping me busy, too. My fiance joined the Army National Guard and will be going to Basic Training. So, I won't be at my goal weight by my wedding, but if I would really love to get to 120 by then if possible. Maybe we could do a separate Fit N' Fun Sized Weigh-In Thread that we could post to as we feel that we need it for accountability? That would definitely help me if you want to keep up the chart so we can continue our support of one another and I probably wouldn't miss as many people.

I have been doing pretty well in the new year with my nutrition goals, but I have not been getting in as much exercise as I would like.

Happy New Year to All!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Normally I'd tell everyone getting snow to send it to New Mexico (where I am), but I just finished shovelling the last foot from the driveway and need a week to get over it.

It's snowing in strange places this week. Next week sent it my way.

JAM

Wow, I am originally from ALbuquerque, back when I was there that would have shut us down for days!!!

Breezy - It did!

I live in the mountains east of Albuquerque. Red or Green?
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Haha supermom, we have that marathon every christmas too so funny! I didn't work out this morning ugghhh. ive been in a funk since the holidays...ive been doing better but still am going over my calories. I don't know why i have to be sooo hungry at night. During the day i do great and then it goes downhill at night time. If i could fix this problem i would be doing soo good. I havent lost a pound in i dont know how long-guessing at least a month. I need more willpower but just cant seem to find it. Anyway, just venting...have a good day today ladies.
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Morning all, it is so cold here, but I didn't have to shovel snow this am :) I moved up to Level 2 on the shred and am feeling it a bit today. In this kind of cold my knees are killing me so I am off running for a few days. The gym is closed due to the weather, starting to feel a little bit of the cold weather blues. On the plus side , I have to go buy some new t-shirts thisweekend as I have lost enough weight that none of mine fit. So that is my motivation to NOT sit by the fire and roast marshmellows. Have a good fRiday everyone
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon my fit n fun gals. Im checking in pretty late today b/c I've been out running errands alot longer than I had anticipated but today's workout is complete. I did 45 minutes of the Biggest Loser "30 day jumpstart" dvd. I also weighed in today and I'm down 3 lbs. I'm super duper excited about that.

Happy Friday all
  • breezy81
    Options
    Good afternoon my fit n fun gals. Im checking in pretty late today b/c I've been out running errands alot longer than I had anticipated but today's workout is complete. I did 45 minutes of the Biggest Loser "30 day jumpstart" dvd. I also weighed in today and I'm down 3 lbs. I'm super duper excited about that.

Happy Friday all

What a way to start of the weekend, congrats on 3 lbs!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Happy Friday all

Thank Breezy, it appears I've finally gotten past the plateau, now if I can lose the last 2 lbs w/in the next month I will be extremely excited.
  • breezy81
    Options

Happy Friday all

Oh, you can so do it!! I'm pulling for you!!!

Thank Breezy, it appears I've finally gotten past the plateau, now if I can lose the last 2 lbs w/in the next month I will be extremely excited.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I love that there are so many of us posting on this thread again. I like the idea of changing the thread each month so we don't lose track of it. I haven't posted a new weight in awhile but I think it's long enough after the holidays and the big lunch at the Chinese restaurant that my weight should be valid when I weigh either tomorrow or Friday.

I've been staying within my calories by ending my day with 20 minutes on the exercise bike, in fact, that's what I'm off to do right now.
    :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:

Sorry I know this is really random but you said holidays and Chinese restaurant in the same sentence and the scene from The Christmas story popped in my head where they're at the Chinese restaurant Christmas day and the men are trying to sing and then they chop the ducks head off right in front of them lol We always have the 24hr marathon playing every Christmas day, again sorry for the randomness lol "Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra"

I always play a christmas story on Christmas Eve / Christmas morning. LOVE that movie. :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I weighed this morning and am thrilled to report one more pound lost
    we're going out for Asian food tomorrow night so I'll probably stay away from the scale until the end of next week so the sodium/water weight doesn't freak me out again:laugh:

:flowerforyou: savvystephy I love that movie, too (the Christmas Story). I watched it again this year.......it never seems to get old.

:flowerforyou: Choco, congrats on your weight loss......i love your new picture.:smile:

We're out of town for the weekend.....we had lunch in a restaurant that had nothing on the menu that would be anything close to what I wanted to eat and stay within calories so I ordered exactly what I wanted (salmon---grilled with no sauce, steamed veggies, salad with no cheese or croutons and dressing on the side) and my lunch was perfect and under 400 calories. Then I went to the hotel fitness center and walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes before I had to meet someone.:bigsmile:
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Happy Friday all

YEAH! Sending hugs and high fives your way!

Love, love, love your new pic! You are smoking!

Keep up the great work!

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Happy Friday all

YEAH! Sending hugs and high fives your way!

Love, love, love your new pic! You are smoking!

Keep up the great work!

297898.png

Thank Jandie, I need all the encouragement I can get.

Good morning ladies, I had a minor set back last night. I was out of my house much longer than anticipated and as a result ate what was available (Tostitos w/hint of Jalepeno - absolutely love these chips) BUT I did not go over my calories so I consider that a small victory. Wouldn't you know the minute I bust past this plateau and lose 3 lbs the devil is knocking on my door trying hard to make me slip up and lose focus. As my mother use to say "the devil is a liar" I will not regain those three pounds that I have recently lost.

As it is is freezing cold in GA and the GA Dept of Transportation has stated to stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary I decided to skip the gym and kickboxing class (which means no sauna and protein shake yet again ) . Instead I did 30 minutes of the Biggest Loser "Cardio Max" dvd and 15 minutes of my "Melt it off" dvd for a total of 45 minutes and approximately 350 calories burned .

Here's Saturday's meals:

Breakfast: 1 cup of Quaker oatmeal w/ 1 cup of strawberries

Lunch: 6 inch turkey breast and pepper jack cheese on a whole wheat bread packed w/lots of veggies (lettuce, spinach, tomato, onions, pickles, black olives and banana peppers) and 1 cup of apple slices

P.M. Snack: Light and fit vanilla yogurt w/ 1/4 cup of granola

Dinner: Healthy Choice complete meal - lemon pepper fish, rice pilaf and broccoli

Total calories: 1129
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: We are so blessed to have our exercise videos when the weather keeps us home.

I am grateful today for the high quality treadmill in the fitness room in this hotel. I just came back from burning 150 calories and will still get to the early meeting i have to go to.

Never,never, never give up:bigsmile:
  • jandie
    Options
    Happy Saturday! The sun is shining... but it's still CCCC-O-L-D! I did 30 minutes of step aerobics this morning... then ate leftovers from Thursday night (when we indulged in mexican food). I want to do another 30 minutes of cardio when we get back from my son's basketball game. I just happy to get out of the house.

Keep up the great work, girls! I'm counting the days until shorts weather! :happy:

297898.png
  • breezy81
    Options
    Hello all,

I am wore out, I did 30 dy shred L2D2 and 30 minutes on my treadmil for about 370 al. burned going ot eat well, this nasty cold weather has me wanting to munch! We are supposed to get into the 20's though so its getting warmer. Now it is NFL playoff tiem so I will do laundry(up and down the stairs) and watch foot ball

Happy weekend all
  • marilla
    Options
    I did an hour of Zumba this morning. I found an instructor that I really like with times that fit into my schedule. I am going to try to stick with that for my primary cardio in the new year.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Sunday all, I'm thankful for having another day on this blessed earth AND for having completed my Sunday workout. I've generally designated Sunday's as my rest days but have joined another MFP thread that challenges you to workout 7 days a week. The great thing is the exercise, intensity and time is determined by the participants so you don't have to worry about over doing it. It's really a challenge to just get moving again so when that was explained to me I decided to give it a go. So I decided to get up early and get the exercise in so I could relax by watching my favorite show "The Wire" (3 episodes on netflix), the football games and reading. What a lovely way to spend this cold but sunny Sunday.

I've eaten breakfast and planned out the rest of the days meals so I'm feeling pretty good this morning. I hope everyone's day goes exactly as planned.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    After reading through the posts it looks like everyone is doing well with thoughtful eating and excercise. That is great everyone.

My kids and I went skiing yesterday and two things have definitely changed since last year: I can go from the very top to the very bottom without having to stop and rest and I could walk the 4 flight of stairs from the parking lot to the lifts WITHOUT getting winded or having to stop to rest. We had a great time, but I realize I only have a few more years before my kids will be able to beat me down the hill.

Skiing burns so many calories that I sort of gave myself a free day yesterday. I did not overeat and I did not have fries or chips with my burger, but I did allow myself to have ice cream for desert last night.

Today is clean the house and take down the tree day, so I better get at it.

Have a great day!

JAM
  • jandie
    Options
    My kids and I went skiing yesterday and two things have definitely changed since last year: I can go from the very top to the very bottom without having to stop and rest and I could walk the 4 flight of stairs from the parking lot to the lifts WITHOUT getting winded or having to stop to rest. We had a great time, but I realize I only have a few more years before my kids will be able to beat me down the hill.

JAM - Congratulations! Two HUGE accomplishments! I'm willing to bet it's a day you will all remember for a long time!!! Great job!

Jandie

297898.png
  • marilla
    Options
    So excited! My sister had her baby yesterday and everyone is doing well. That means that they will be able to be at my wedding.

My goal weight for my new wedding date of January 30th is 120 and I am currently at 121.0. I will work on the other 10 pounds when I get back from my honeymoon.