Any good substitutes for ice cream cravings????

Options

Replies

• KFJOI4JWGOJM
    Options
    I like Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Sugar Free Black Raspberry Ice Cream Bars
    100 Calories Total Fat 7 Saturated 5 Cholesterol 5 Sodium 25
    Potassium 70 Carbs 11 Fiber 2 Sugar 2 Protein 2
    They make a few other Sugar Free kinds as well. I get them at Walmart.
  • Jess_Me_xoxo
    Options
    Chocolate peanutbutter & cookies and cream!!!!! I just discovered this and I am in LOVE! I swear I never thought I would have a crush on food like I do with this ice cream!!!
  • bacorton
    bacorton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Healthy choice fudge bars and there is one at whole foods I can't think of the name but it is almost zero calories for a quart
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Two ingredients-

Today I blended frozen bananas and 2 teaspoons of natural chocolate sauce in my food processor and OMG it tasted just like chocolate icecream! It was so cold, smooth, decadent and flavorful! My hubby even enjoyed it!

Next time I will do one with frozen bananas and berries.

S/N I picked up Ben and Jerry's new strawberry/banana Greek Froyo today. (havent tried it yet though).
  • vjreile
    vjreile Posts: 1
    Options
    try frozen yogurt with frozen fruit.. this will be refreshing and takes a little longer to eat:)
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my big downfall. Anybody find a good substitute?

Take regular yogart, and put in the freezer for a few hours.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Not a substitue - but I buy really good icecream (Weis caramel - yum!) and just eat one portion.
    It's not a lot of icecream, but its very delicous and is absolutely worth the 140 calories.

I would much rather have 140 cals of something really yummy than any amount of those nasty tasting Skinny Cow ice creams.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream replacement.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I buy individual bars or sandwiches so I can eat one for less than 200 calories and make sure it fits in my calorie goal for the day.
    Weight watchers are great.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Small Cone at Burger King 160 calories tastes pretty good.
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I too am a fan of Skinny Cow ice cream bars/sandwiches
  • Symone39
    Options
    Blue Bunny frozen yogurt, chocolate vanilla swirl 1/2 cup =110 calories or check out other flavors. The vanilla for example has lower calories it contains probiotic, good for the digestive system or you can try the blue bunny orange dream bar 70 calories per bar.:smile:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Chocolate almond milk(unsweetened) sugar free chocolate syrup,ice,blender. YUM!
  • blasiansrus
    Options
    Arctic Zero! A whole pint is 150 cals, so even if you mindlessly eat it, it isn't a lot! :)
  • kpederslie
    kpederslie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ~non fat plain chobani or other greek yogurt
    +cocoa powder
    + liquid stevia
    = mix > freeze

Costco sells Healthy Choice Fudge Pops - 100 calories

Anything Skinny cow

I also pop Jello sugar free dark chocolate pudding cups ( 60 cal ) in the freezer, Yummy!!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    The bananas is omg wonderful. Ice Cream is my weakness also...I've had it with PB2, strawberries, and trying coco next with PB2. I have some frozen cherries I'm going to try in it also.
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have something that I like BETTER than ice cream now. Plain and simple, get some mixed frozen berries (I love doing cherries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries) and mix in some nonfat yogurt. I like it best with greek yogurt. Stir it all up together and enjoyyy! Way fewer calories, higher protein, good carbs, good sugars, and a bunch of antioxidants from the berries! It's my go-to evening snack/dessert :). If I have more cals leftover, I'll throw in some chopped walnuts or some granola, too, for the crunchy texture :D yummmyyyyy
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If you like bananas, you are going to LOVE this one. Cut up a banana in 2" slices. Freeze in a zip-lock bag. Put in a cuisinart and blend until it balls up and is a creamy texture. You can add 1 Tbs cocoa powder if you like, or I get this stuff called PB2 (peanut butter powder) and put 1 tsp of that in too. It has the same texture as ice cream. You would not know it is NOT ice cream. Delicious. You can try a blender, but my blender does not get it the right consistency. Let me know what you think!

this or just w/ vanilla extract & some vanilla almond milk
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Or, plain and simple, frozen chopped up banana. To me, it tastes like ice-cream...maybe I'm just weird though.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    bump