Married guys who lift weights at the gym...

Options

Replies

• davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Stays on all the time. Sweetheart, if you read this, I wear it because I love you and I want everybody to know it. Now quit reading while I tell the real reason. I dislocated that finger many years ago and it is hard to get off and on.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    as a girl, when I lift heavy I take off my ring (which is not a wedding ring) because 1. it DOES pinch like crazy and 2. the gold will come off on the metal bar. Really simple as that
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but I don't wear mine when I work out. I can't stand the feeling of hot, sweaty, swollen hands and a ring sufficating my finger, also I sometimes wear gloves and and that's uncomfortable with a ring on.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Married girl here but I do leave my rings on. For years I COULDN'T take them off but now that I can I still just leave them out of habit. The more I lift though I'm getting a pretty ugly callus right below my rings so I may have to rethink that.....
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I leave my wedding bad on and I wear weight lifting gloves, so the ring doesn't bother me at all.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Married girl here but I do leave my rings on. For years I COULDN'T take them off but now that I can I still just leave them out of habit. The more I lift though I'm getting a pretty ugly callus right below my rings so I may have to rethink that.....

Me too! I bought some lifting gloves to wear. Now I just have to remember to put them in my gym bag.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I lost so much weight that my ring was really loose. It flew off off my hand while casting a fishing line at a lake in Oklahoma.

I'm still married, but I don't wear my ring anymore.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I lost so much weight that my ring was really loose. It flew off off my hand while casting a fishing line at a lake in Oklahoma.

I'm still married, but I don't wear my ring anymore.

Cause ti's at the bottom of the lake in Oklahoma? haha
  • rcarri
    rcarri Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but I cannot wear mine. I have little "balls" inside to keep them from twisting because I have big knuckles :-) and it HURTS. I can't wear them kickboxing either if we are punching bags. I still know I'm married :)

I'm interested in these "balls" you have in your ring. I can barely get my rings over my knuckles, but they spin all day when I'm wearing them.
  • jameswestlund
    Options
    I usually wear the key to my gym locker on a chain around my neck, under my shirt. So when it's time to lift I'll pop off my ring & hang it on that chain, too. I put it back on when I'm done.

Easy.
  • Heck04
    Heck04 Posts: 7
    Options
    I leave mine on... It doesn't get in the way. If it does get in the way I just adjust my grip..
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I take mine off and here's why: While in the service we took them off whenever we ran the obstacle course. I once saw a Marine lose his finger because he had a ring on. I don't need a ring to tell me I am married. I also let my wife know that I take it off, she's fine with it. I am sure to put it on as soon as I finish.
  • Runnerslove
    Options
    wear a ring wrapper..i use one when i lift and it protects my ring...works great
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My husband does.... and I do too when i lift... my diamond always flips around and digs into my hand or scraps against the barbell LOL ... but my hubby works out and lifts with me so i dont mind :)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man, but I am married! My husband and I both have a set of tungsten rings that we wear. He wears his tungsten pretty much all of the time, only switching out to his "real" wedding band for special occasions. I only wear my tungsten while working out so that I don't scratch up my real wedding ring that I wear the rest of the time. I actually don't have a pinching problem with my real ring, the few times I have forgotten to change it out, so I often think about getting a wrapper to protect it. The tungsten is thicker and interferes with grip usually.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i dont it gets in the way, plus since ive lost weight the ring is too big. I need to get it fixed so I dont wear it as often.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I take mine off and tie it on my waistband.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm a married woman who works out and lifts weights and I never wear my ring. It's uncomfortable when I'm doing cardio (always either too tight or too lose) and hurts and pinches when I lift.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I did when it fit, since losing weight it flies off so I really don't wear it at all. I need to get it resized. My wife takes hers off too when lifting heavy, we go to the gym together.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I wear mine. Simple gold band, and it's all scratched up, but after 21+ years, would be scratched up whether I lift with it on or not. And yes, I have a callous on each side of it.