Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• RJ74
    RJ74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hope it's okay that I join your group! I don't usually post in the forums anymore, but I think I'm going to need some serious support in the next month, and I hope I can support you ladies too! I'm starting month 2 today. Eek! I'm a little terrified!
    I am seeing some serious results though. I lost 10 inches in the first month and 3% body fat, but gained a pound and a half. I did the 3rd fit test yesterday and my numbers just keep going up, so I'm happy with the results I'm getting.
    So tell me, ladies in month 2, what am I in store for today? Max Interval Circuit. Yikes.

I started month 2 today also. Shaun T is crazy. I was in the basement doing my workout and my husband was upstairs making his breakfast. Kept hearing him laugh at me when I was talking to the tv telling Shaun T he was nuts. He yelled down "YOU'RE the one talking to the television. Who's the crazy one???" Anyways, Month 2 is not messing around. Yikes! It didn't kill me though! :)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of recovery week. lol there is something misleading about that name. Seriously though, I loved that I could keep up with the workout and was definitely feeling the burn at the end. My hrm says 272 calories and I am looking forward to completing this week with improved endurance.
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You're right. I'm sure my neighbor below me thinks I"m nuts cuz she hears me jumping around like a fool and then every now and then collapsing and yelling at someone (the tv). I have yet to lose any inches though so i'm hoping month 2 changes that!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Well, I dd it! I did NOT think I was going to get through it, but I did! Funny how you kind of forget how hard just the warmup can be after the glorious Core Cardio and Balance (which is my favorite of the DVDs so far). Those floor switch kicks are killer!
  • radiotrash
    radiotrash Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started week four! I cannot believe that after this and one more week I'll be done with phase one. I'm not really seeing big changes (just some small amount of inches lost so far) but honestly I know it's my fault since I've had some blips food wise. Also I have to modify and replace any exercises that have big jumps (in an apartment) or push ups (they hurt my wrist too much). I finally got smart though and brought my pull up bar into the room so I can replace them with pull ups.

Honestly though I'm just happy that I'm sticking with something this long! I'm excited for my rest week (lol) and then month two. As long as I lose some more inches I'll be happy although it'd be nice to lose like five pounds so I can finally creep into the 140s!
  • cleskov
    cleskov Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This workout is totally kicking my butt- but I'm not gonna lie, I find it extremely boring. I've finished the first week and I'm already sick to death of jogging in place, butt kicks, heismans etc. How are some of you fighting the boredom?
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This workout is totally kicking my butt- but I'm not gonna lie, I find it extremely boring. I've finished the first week and I'm already sick to death of jogging in place, butt kicks, heismans etc. How are some of you fighting the boredom?

i think what motivates me is knowing i'm getting results and other people's results. I admit the warmup IS boring but the workout is fine. When it reallllly start to drag (I'm on Day 31 by the way) I started subbing the max sports training in the deluxe package instead of a regular month 1 programs and this kept me going for a bit :-) Now it's a complete change as it's recovery week for me.

I hope this helps
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's my deal:
    I did the first month of Insanity and felt great. Then I went of vacay for 2 weeks. Now I'm back. Do I jump in where I left off or do I start from scratch?
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Ok, here's my deal:
    I did the first month of Insanity and felt great. Then I went of vacay for 2 weeks. Now I'm back. Do I jump in where I left off or do I start from scratch?

Tough one...how you feeling most importantly?

i'm not a personal trainer or anything like that but based on the intensity of recovery week and month 1 I'd say maybe do recovery week then one week of month 1 then jump into month 2 but hopefully some others will chime in?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with adjoa84. Ease your way back into it. Did you do any exercise on your vacation? I'd be wary of jumping right back into where you were if you hadn't been doing any high intensity exercise. I would repeat week 4, see how you feel, and then continue with the schedule if you feel up to it.
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is going to give me her copy of Insanity. My question is, do any of y'all still wt train, while doing Insanity? I don't want to just stop my wt training, but am wondering if I can do all of this If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Shannon
  • adjoa84
    Options
    I have a friend that is going to give me her copy of Insanity. My question is, do any of y'all still wt train, while doing Insanity? I don't want to just stop my wt training, but am wondering if I can do all of this If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Shannon

I'm not at the moment, I wanna see what Insanity by itself does, results, but after I'm planning to do 3 days of Insanity 2/3 days weight training I've also heard that a lot of ppl with the deluxe package (a few extra CDs) do 3 days Insanity and 3 days Upper Body - an Insanity vid with weights) so I don't see why you couldn't do both.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Max Interval Plyo kicked my BUTT
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    Max Interval Plyo kicked my BUTT

you and me both! phase 2 is whooping my ars!
  • cleskov
    cleskov Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How's everybody feeling today? I did the cardio recovery DVD this morning and it helped to work out some of my soreness, but I have a feeling my quads will be angry with me tomorrow from all the squats and lunges.

Also made the mistake of looking at my stomach while I was in plank position. Gravity+flab= gross
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How's everybody feeling today? I did the cardio recovery DVD this morning and it helped to work out some of my soreness, but I have a feeling my quads will be angry with me tomorrow from all the squats and lunges.

Also made the mistake of looking at my stomach while I was in plank position. Gravity+flab= gross

I skipped the cardio recovery and did the ab cardio today.... I was feeling too energized for the recovery...
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Yes kind of boring but I put my own little spice on it... instead of jogging in place I run around my house pick up toys or put stuff in place... I do a few kick butts and then do something else funner instead it works the same for me... and I dont get bored as easily....
  • adjoa84
    Options
    I'm starting Month 2 workouts today! I've been slacking quite a bit during this recovery week so I'm cutting it short by a day and jumping into Month 2, cant wait will report back on how I find it. Also gonna start to add in some 5K and 10K runs as I've got my half marathon in Oct. Really wanna shift these last 7lbs so gotta step it up!
  • buglass10
    buglass10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have just finished my week one today! Phew love the feeling of the hard core workouts i actually feel like its working. I have to say the hardest thing for me is eating so much food. I knew i had to sort my food and i wasnt eating much so now ive upped it to 1400kcals and im stuffed constantly!!!!! Ive started eating carbs again which i never did before. Im defo finding that side a struggle has anyone else felt bloated? Im looking forward to seeing some results.
  • Kooks76
    Kooks76 Posts: 3
    Options
    I had the same delimma . . . no energy. I had to change a couple of things. First, I started taking a multivitamin engergy supplement. Second, I started wearing my workout clothes to bed (clean of course :-)) so all I had to do was roll out of bed in the morning, grab my water bottle and sneakers, and push play. I think it helps too that my husband has to get up at 5am to head to work. I'm sure it would be a lot easier to roll over and go back to sleep if he wasn't making such a racket.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!