Married guys who lift weights at the gym...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man but I hardly wear my wedding ring. I wear it when I get dressed up and go out, when I go out with my girlfriends or when I remember.

My husband almost never wears his.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I wear mine, but it hurts and I don't like it. I am just afraid of losing it. The only time I take mine off is when I am doing electrical work, and then it is in my pants pocket until I am finished.

Have you looked at "comfort fit" bands? they seem to be more comfortable than traditional bans.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    you will find out fast how it will dig into your fingers on back day or get bent on chest day.. so the anser is no i dont wear it
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I don't wear my ring a the gym, but I bring my trust and decency everywhere I go. That's just going to have to suffice.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am engaged and I take off my ring to even do classes. The only workout I do that I leave it on is running. I'm not gonna risk messing it up or ruining it. Rather have it somewhere safe and sound. Ples have you ever had it pinch ya? Not pleasant
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'd wear mine while lifting if I hadn't lost it. The crazy part is, the wife hasn't noticed I haven't been wearing my ring for the last 3 weeks. I'm just waiting for the day she realizes it, I kind of feel like that kid who's dreading the day his parents see his report card.

Dude - she's noticed. She is waiting to see if you notice and own up.

LOL! True story! I would definitely notice :wink:
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Girl here, but don't wear mine to the gym
    1) It could get damaged
    2) It falls off often since I lost/losing weight
    3) It pinches when I lift

I made a vow. I'm not going to just bend over the weight bench and F the closest guy to me. I married my husband cause I love him. The ring is just a symbol of it. My husband understand and is fine with all of this. (Not to mention I wear the F off face most of the time when I'm at the gym)
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but I lift heavy.. and I keep my ring on. Of course, it's a simple gold band. I even keep it on to do deadlifts, so if there's an excuse others give for the ring pinching them, etc, it's not true. Or why are you at the gym if you can't take a tiny pinch on the palm?

Oh I LOVE this comment! :) hmm..I am a guy and I lift heavy (ie. 110 lb dumbells Bench press (yes 110 in each hand), 220 lb pull downs for back, 135 lbs on skull crushers for triceps, just a few examples). If I wore my wedding ring it would both cause me to bleed all over and probably damage my finger joint. So no...I don't wear my wedding ring to the gym and no I don't talk to anyone there other then to acknowledge a greeting. I'm there to workout and go back home to my wife! :)
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I cringe at the sound/feel of metal on metal.