Hubby spying on me...

Options
MizzTatiana
MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
I'm used to my husband spying on me through Facebook, I've had that forever, but ever since I lost 30 lbs and then joined MFP for that last pesky 10, he's been spying on me here too. I can't get him to join (he could stand to eat healthier too) but for the life of me I can't understand why would MFP be worthy of spying on? Does your hubby do that too, wives do you spy on your hubby's MFP page/friends/posts/diary?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No...
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds like an insecure man. Nothing sexier. /sarcasm

Edited for: If you're okay with this, that's one thing. But know that this is NOT normal people behavior.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No. I don't have to. I completely and totally trust my husband. There's absolutely no reason why I should spy on him.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Sounds like he has some issues if he is "spying" on you on Facebook and MFP. Might want to talk to him about his insecurities, lack of trust and control...

There should be no reason to be spying on a S.O. like that.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I'm used to my husband spying on me through Facebook, I've had that forever, but ever since I lost 30 lbs and then joined MFP for that last pesky 10, he's been spying on me here too. I can't get him to join (he could stand to eat healthier too) but for the life of me I can't understand why would MFP be worthy of spying on? Does your hubby do that too, wives do you spy on your hubby's MFP page/friends/posts/diary?

No, he doesn't. And I don't spy on him, either. Have you talked to him about it?
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Majorly insecure. Now that you've lost weight, he probably thinks you're gonna find some hot, ripped guy and run off with him.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I would definitely address this with him. No good can come from a relationship where someone doesn't trust the other.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    No i don't spy on him and as far as I know he doesn't spy on me....if he did it would be his problem, not mine!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I don't know if he spies on me or not. My page is pretty much always logged in from home, so he could certainly look in any time he wants. He hasn't said anything. I don't expect that this would be interesting enough to him to bother though.
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    So next time we meet up, you're bringing the baby oil, right?

I'll bring the swing and all the leather stuff.

I hate sending messages on this thing. I can never tell if they're private or not.

This one is, right?

Fake edit: JOKES!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    That kind of spying is extremely unhealthy. That's the sort of thing my abusive first husband would do.
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you are okay with him checking up on you through facebook, I don't know why MFP would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Have you tried spying back? Lol. If he complains you can work out a "you stop spying on me, I'll stop spying on you" truce.

Could be insecurity, could be curiosity, boredom at work, who knows? Maybe he's trying to hide something and checking in on your messages to see if you have any idea? Who really knows why he's doing it? Frustrating for sure. Either say something or do it back and see what you find.
  • nickmast78
    Options
    Nobody has asked if you have given your husband a reason to be spying on you.

I love how everyone just assumes he is insecure.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

I hate sending messages on this thing. I can never tell if they're private or not.

This one is, right?

Win!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Majorly insecure. Now that you've lost weight, he probably thinks you're gonna find some hot, ripped guy and run off with him.

That might be a good thing though..

My S.O. doesn't spy on me. At least I don't think he does, but he might just be THAT good at it. He can barely remember HIS passwords, I doubt he would remember mine or care to use them for anything. Half of my stuff is set to log in automatically anyway and our computer is shared under one user. Kinda weird if you ask me. Unless you're acting super suspicious. Maybe he's just curious?

EDIT: I don't spy on him either, until he gives me a reason to I won't be. Last time he acted shady I ruined my surprise Christmas present by snooping. Cause I'm a jerk. So I'll admit maybe I've been a little paranoid before but he doesn't have anything interesting for me to look at. I don't think he's posted on Facebook since like six months ago.
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options

This one is, right?
    @ MonkRocker: HILARIOUS!!!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Neither one of us spies on the other. We have separate laptops, but we're always logged in to fb, gmail, etc. If we wanted to, we could check up on each other. But, we trust each other, so that's not necessary.
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    No! If he can't trust you then what is your marriage built on?! My hubs has a MFP and I never look at it, OR his facebook! Good grief, if that was going on in my life, I'd wonder what was wrong with my relationship!
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We need more details. Have you given him a reason to monitor what you do? Do you have a track record of cheating or engaging in inappropriate behavior on or offline? If not, then I don't think his behavior makes sense. Either way, you need to talk to him about if it makes you uncomfortable.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    No my hubby would never spy. We trust each other completely
This discussion has been closed.