Hubby spying on me...

Options

Replies

• VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    The man is frightened. He's afraid that you're losing the weight, getting all purty and stuff and going to dump him for a new guy. Men can be just as or even more insecure than women can.
    I wonder if he's read any of those "signs my **** is cheating" things that are out there because the first major sign that somene is either cheating or going to cheat is making changes in diet and self-care / self-esteem.
    Weight loss means new clothes and the changing body images usually have us out getting a new doo to go with those new clothes and taking better care to look nice. (Even new exercise clothes have guys looking at other guys to see if they're looking at you and you looking back)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    hm... I don't spy on mine and he doesn't spy on me (or at least I don't feel like we're doing that to each other). We have each other's passwords, but to be honest, we leave our accounts logged in all the time. When I initially pull up the web browser, his facebook is normally logged in still from his last session. I usually sign out of it and sign right into mine. He does the same as far as I'm aware.
  • bubmaster
    Options
    crazy...lol
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say when I first met my fiance I did "spy" on him, but now, I trust him and respect him enough not to "spy" on him, besides I've learned we tell each other everything. Unless it has to do with his family gatherings in which case they come tell me anyways lol
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Define "spying". Is he logging into your accounts behind your back, or is he just reading the same stuff you post for the rest of the world to see? If it's the latter, I'd bet he's just bored, and thinks you're one of the more interesting things on the internet. If it's the latter, it's a whole different issue.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    He is spying on you here. He is on my FL and told me about it.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, I don't think my husband gets bored enough to spy on me.
    Your husband doesn't have an account so how does he spy on you and how do you know? Does he just look at things when you are logged in? The way I see it is that I'm an open book to my husband. If he were spying on me I would not care because I have nothing to hide.
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've seen articles that say that when your spouse loses weight and starts working out, that's a huge sign that he/she is cheating. I don't think he sounds insecure but rather that he values the marriage and wants to verify that you're not up to anything nefarious.

MonkRocker is gonna get you in trouble, though! :laugh:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have access to each others Facebook accounts, but we have no need to take advantage of that. However since I have been losing weight, he has been a bit more "over protective". Not spying though. He just asks some more questions than usual, which I would prefer to spying! So I just show him what I'm doing :tongue: .

I do keep a diary at home, which he does NOT have access to. Not that I'm hiding anything. It's just nice to have.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    No my hubby would never spy. We trust each other completely

Or he is really good at it!
  • sc0ttie
    sc0ttie Posts: 29
    Options
    Nobody has asked if you have given your husband a reason to be spying on you.

This.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't spy on me, and I don't spy on him.

The whole "trust" thing is pretty awesome.
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    I would just like to state for the record that I do not actually know the OP, and I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a cute little mole on her left hip.

*ahem*
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know if he spies on me or not. My page is pretty much always logged in from home, so he could certainly look in any time he wants. He hasn't said anything. I don't expect that this would be interesting enough to him to bother though.

This ^^ Both my FB and MFP log in automatically so he can look anytime he wants. Though, except for the few times I ask him to look at something on FB I don't think he does. But, it wouldn't bother me if he did.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I would just like to state for the record that I do not actually know the OP, and I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a cute little mole on her left hip.

*ahem*

See, told ya!
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    See, I don't get the whole sharing accounts/passwords deal. If my partner didn't trust me, giving him access to my account so he can check up on my activity isn't really going to resolve the underlying issue.
  • cccerberus
    cccerberus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    just for the sake of discussion, security/insecurity and trust issues are not necessarily related.
    For example, you can be secure in yourself, but have trust issues which cause insecurity in your relations.
    I'm pretty secure in myself, but i have trust issues with people in general and arguably with good reason.
    I could explain the examples of why i feel this is often justified but suffice it to say I've been through the wringer.

This trust issue makes all relationships in my life including my GF challenging, especially when i feel like communication is not as open as it could/should be. I am effectively an open book, but she is much less so, which just makes me wonder more.

And yes, i concede that the issue is mostly mine, but i don't spy on her and i don't think she spys on me.
    and she is a member here.
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Nobody has asked if you have given your husband a reason to be spying on you.

I love how everyone just assumes he is insecure.
    I was wondering when someone would get to that!! Nope, never a reason. Just he's been like that since day one. Generally he's a pretty sicure guy, but he's had a rough past with some pretty sleazy ex's. I really thought he'd trust me by now, I mean we've been together for almost 3 years.... But he thinks it's perfectly normal. That all husbands do/should check up on their wives.
    And vice versa.
  • Ken4Life
    Ken4Life Posts: 11
    Options
    How do you know he is spying on you unless you yourself are quilty to. Not trying to be ugly just saying you both need to be honest to really work things out.....Hay its a weird kind of compliment from him :) I hope all goes well for you!
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    Have some fun with it. Lead him to believe you are having an affair but with a woman. Make plans to meet up somewhere and lay in wait for him. When he shows up, make him feel real guilty for not trusting you. Next day, nice presents :)
This discussion has been closed.