Hubby spying on me...

Options

Replies

• bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    This sounds horribly controlling and, pardon the word, abusive to me. Yes... it may not come across as abusive, but he is displaying so many red flags of an abuser it's ridiculous!

Your profile page says you're "happily married"... however, if I were in your shoes/situation I would be anything but happy!

Jealous of a guy in a commercial???? I mean... seriously here... where does it end?
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Nobody has asked if you have given your husband a reason to be spying on you.

I love how everyone just assumes he is insecure.

lol why even think to spy unless you yourself have something to hide?
    Cheaters are the most distrustful of their own partners, when it's them who've done something wrong.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    No.
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many spying husbands were reading the conversations of their wives in this thread who said 'no way my husband would spy on me'
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm mystified...why would he get mad or upset if you stepped out during certain commercials??
    Particular commerial for some body spray with a topless well built man... an issue because he was convinced I was 'staring at him'. so when this commerical came on, it was easier to get up to find something to do real quick instead of fighting about the guy in the commercial.

You have to get up and leave the room becos a commercial comes on???... thats very extreme. In my opinion, it sounds like the walls are closing in on you and the more let it go, the more he is going to enclose you in and take more liberties away. I think deep down inside you know this isnt right. I mean... leave the room becos of a commerical? That is not healthy. The next step is he wont want you shopping becos there may be a nice looking guy at the store. This will spiral.
    I pointed out his rather untactful response to EVERY Victoria Secret commercial, and we havent had an issue with commercials ever since. But he still watches me as I'm watching TV when there's someone less dressed or better built than him.

He's insecure to the point of being dangerous. RUN
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I agree! Does he have a reason to spy on you? If you are totally faithful, then I would talk to him and reassure him.

What if she's only sorta faithful? Come on, cheaters deserve privacy too!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    He's insecure to the point of being dangerous. RUN
    [/quote]

this
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm mystified...why would he get mad or upset if you stepped out during certain commercials??
    Particular commerial for some body spray with a topless well built man... an issue because he was convinced I was 'staring at him'. so when this commerical came on, it was easier to get up to find something to do real quick instead of fighting about the guy in the commercial.

THIS is very strange and NOT normal! Wow! I understand why he has issues because of his past, but he needs to go to counseling for that. He shouldn't treat you like that.
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My hubby isn't on here but if he was I wouldn't spy on him. I trust him completely.
  • doin_it_in_the_gym
    Options
    LMAO that is all I can say.. My hubby made a fake profile to stalk me on here so yes is my answer..
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

Very good point..................Is there any "Other" reason?
    Even thou I think spying is wrong.... Possibly some reason why hes like that right now?
    I assume he wasn't like that the day you got married....

Heres a few reasons...

1- His Ex girlfriend or Ex wife cheated on him...
    2- You've cheated on him
    3- Hes cheating on you, and suspects your also cheating on him.... But your not.
    4- He has major insecurities, or paranoid
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Very good point..................Is there any "Other" reason?
    Even thou I think spying is wrong.... Possibly some reason why hes like that right now?
    I assume he wasn't like that the day you got married....

Heres a few reasons...

1- His Ex girlfriend or Ex wife cheated on him...
    2- You've cheated on him
    3- Hes cheating on you, and suspects your also cheating on him.... But your not.
    4- He has major insecurities, or paranoid
    I think I've addressed this SVERAL times now. BUT just so we're SURE. NO I do NOT do anything to make him suspusious. BUT if you asked him, he might tell you something different. When we first started our relationship, I was very open with him. I admited that when I was (MUCH younger) I cheated on my boyfriend. Let me mention this wasnt an affair or a repeatitive thing, the (ex)boyfriend was having an affair on me, it was a revenge thing... so his typical response is "you cheated once so you COULD do it again." Mind you, since then, I GREW UP, had kids, got married, FOUND GOD, and bought a house with my husband. I've NEVER done a thing since we met to arouse any suspsions. I've worked VERY HARD to PROVE that I am nothing like his cheating exs!!!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I think I've addressed this SVERAL times now. BUT just so we're SURE. NO I do NOT do anything to make him suspusious. BUT if you asked him, he might tell you something different. When we first started our relationship, I was very open with him. I admited that when I was (MUCH younger) I cheated on my boyfriend. Let me mention this wasnt an affair or a repeatitive thing, the (ex)boyfriend was having an affair on me, it was a revenge thing... so his typical response is "you cheated once so you COULD do it again. Mind you, since then, I GREW UP, had kids, got married, FOUND GOD, and bought a house with my husband. I've NEVER done a thing since we met to arouse any suspsions. I've worked VERY HARD to PROVE that I am nothing like his cheating exs!!!
    [/quote]

I was about to stick up for you girl!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    DELETE DELETE DELETE !!!!!!!!!!!
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    My S.O and I are both on here, and on each other's list. We have friends in common, as well as friends sepearately. He has female friends, and I have male friends. He is highly complimentary and appreciative of the female form, well, everyone's except mine. I don't spy on him and I am quite sure he doesn't examine everything or anything I do, say, or post either. He doesn't care that much lol. I know he's quite aware that no other man would even look twice at me, and definitely not flirt with me. I am a complete open book, have nothing to hide, never have and never will. He isn't so much in talking, and that bothers me. However, it's something that can be worked on. Communication is a must in every relationship. I am working on my communication skills, and I sure hope he's working on his.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Blahaha haha!! :laugh:
  • Mrsdaffy2
    Options
    So next time we meet up, you're bringing the baby oil, right?

I'll bring the swing and all the leather stuff.

I hate sending messages on this thing. I can never tell if they're private or not.

This one is, right?

Fake edit: JOKES!

ROFLMAO...... :bigsmile:
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I skipped through a bit reading 7 pages....I guess I was bored. Eh
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    He hate facebook so he doesn't spy on me there. I tell him everything about mfp so he doesn't have a reason to spy on me here :happy: He is a very trusting person and I love that we can talk to one another about anything cause we don't like to keep things from eachother.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My S.O and I are both on here, and on each other's list. We have friends in common, as well as friends sepearately. He has female friends, and I have male friends. He is highly complimentary and appreciative of the female form, well, everyone's except mine. I don't spy on him and I am quite sure he doesn't examine everything or anything I do, say, or post either. He doesn't care that much lol. I know he's quite aware that no other man would even look twice at me, and definitely not flirt with me. I am a complete open book, have nothing to hide, never have and never will. He isn't so much in talking, and that bothers me. However, it's something that can be worked on. Communication is a must in every relationship. I am working on my communication skills, and I sure hope he's working on his.

Crap, she's talking about me, I"m soooo busted
This discussion has been closed.