Shedding for the Wedding?

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married October 7th and after the holidays I certainly had some weight to lose. I've only been back on my fitness wagon the last few weeks and last I weighed I was 120.2 and would like to be between 110-115 so it's certainly doable by the wedding. My dress is lace up so it can go tight or loosen up and I have my first fitting on the 18th :smile: Speaking of working out I've got Chest & Back + a stationary bike ride to get done!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm getting June 14, 2013! I started on MFP April 2011, and boy did my wedding feel like FOREVER away, so I lost a little, but fell off the wagon and have been stuck for a while now. Since we're less than a year away (WHERE DOES THE TIME GO!!!) I think it's time to start thinking (worrying :laugh: ) about getting into shape now instead of killing myself the month before the wedding! Starting 30DS for the 3rd time today, and hopefully I'll finally finish it. Good luck to the fellow brides to be!
  • Bdeliab1980
    Bdeliab1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, count me in on this group. I am currently 248 and my ultimate goal weight is 150. I would love to be at least 180 before my wedding on April 19, 2013 (160 wouldn't hurt, but I am trying to be reasonable.
  • natalianogueira
    natalianogueira Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I'm getting married in September 21st 2013. I'm really excited!
    I started changing my lifestyle in May, and I really wanna look awesome in the pictures (and for the rest of my life...) :wink:
    I'm getting a lot of support and motivation here! I came back in July and found out that I needed some friends that were on the same situation as me, and I'm making some friends and it is refreshing!
    Feel free to add me if you want.
    We can do it!
  • alemiszki
    Options
    Wow so many brides to be!!
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm back after a 2 week road trip across the country. We drove all through the South (had to visit his parents and mine) and then drove a moving truck back to CA. I'm finally home AND I started a job this week and so things are very busy.

Full disclosure: I fell completely off the wagon over the month of July. It started with a downward slide of a bite of sweets here and a bite there and then suddenly I realized (somewhere around Georgia) that I was simply eating whatever I wanted at any given moment with no regard for restraint. I have not had the heart to weigh myself -- ALL of my jeans, which felt so good after dropping 10lbs at the start of summer, are tight again.

But, I'm back on track. I am trying to eat Primal and limit my sugar intake drastically. For the next two weeks I'm going to be very strict about the sugar and will only be eating whole foods. This means a lot of foresight for packing my lunches on the go but I'm going to put in the effort. I'm going to resurrect my thread about going sugar free as it really helped me stay accountable by checking in every day.

I would also like to ask you ladies what you are currently doing for arm workouts? I'd really like to stay focused on bumping up my strength training for arms and I'm always looking for new routines to incorporate.

Finally, we moved our wedding up. I'm now getting married APRIL 27, 2013 in TEXAS!!!!!! So excited. I'm from CA but my dad has a small ranch out there and we'll be able to have a lot more freedom and save a lot more $$$$ by holding it there.

Okay, that's my update for now. So happy to see all the new additions and I'm really looking forward to hearing your updates and progress. Please feel free to add me and I will offer tons of support!

We're getting married on our farm, so if you have any ideas beyond weight loss, I'd love to hear them! I'm not sure how I'm going to pull this off... any of it! :)
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I booked the chapel and the DJ today...This is starting to feel so real (and soon). No motivation for a great work out like signing a contract to be in front of 150 or more people in a beautiful dress in less than 11 months!
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    Well, I got to check off another biggie on my to-do list....ordered the invitations! Of course, my goal was to get them sent by this Friday, exactly 3 months to the date.....but since I was late in ordering them, they will be late to get out....

But I guess that gives me a few more stress-free nights to go to the gym, rather than sit and address until my hand cramps up!
  • Miz_Hollie
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Im getting married on August 31st 2012, so not long left for me!
    Although i still have 11 puns to lose so i could do with a few encouringing friends on here, any one losing around the same weight.... or getting married around the same time..... or just want to freind me plz do x
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Im getting married on August 31st 2012, so not long left for me!
    Although i still have 11 puns to lose so i could do with a few encouringing friends on here, any one losing around the same weight.... or getting married around the same time..... or just want to freind me plz do x

You can do it!!!! Friending you now. Just a few weeks to go...how exciting!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Exactly 30 days til my mom gets in town, to buy my dress...ahhhh!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

5ft2
    SW 196lbs
    CW 156lbs
    GW 136lbs (out of the overweight BMI range)

I'm getting married in April 2013. I'm super excited. I've been on MFP for 18 months and lost 40lbs. I have about 20lbs to go until I'm into the 'normal' BMI range which is my initial goal. I'm natrually a curvy woman so I imagine I'll look smashing at that weight.

So I've got about 20lbs to go about 8 months to do it. I'm on full concentration and focus on weight loss.
    I was wondering if anyone had experiences about getting a dress made and how to manage it with weight loss? I am fairly confident I will be a smaller shape in April 2013 than I am now. I also want to hire a dressmaker to make my ideal dress. I guess I shall just try and negociate with her to put of getting measured till as late a possible??

I would love some brides to be on my friends list so feel free to add me (and leave a message saying you are bride!!)
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit like an emotional blender! Today is exactly 3 months until I say my vows! There's still so much to do - I'm excited, nervous (that I'm not going to have made the fitness progress that I wanted!), and a little stressed (b/c I'm running behind on a few scheduled To-Do's)

It's mostly all excitement, with the other two sprinkled in. My invitations was shipped today - so once those come in sometime next week, I get to start in with the assembly and addressing process!

How's everyone else doing with wedding planning and weight loss?!
  • khlesnick
    khlesnick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Just got engaged a few weeks ago and we're already deep into planning! We're aiming for May or June 2013 but haven't picked a venue yet!

Question for other brides-to-be, do I need to reach my goal weight before ordering a dress? Clearly, dropping 15 pounds by the wedding (9 months) is a lot easier than dropping it by the dress shopping (soon!)

I was a swimmer in high school and college and gained a lot of weight after I stopped swimming 5 hours a day.. shocker! I've steadied out around 152 (I'm 5'8") but I'd like to get back to feeling fit and healthy! I did manage to lose 10 lbs about a year after college while training for a triathlon, but I gained it all back. I did my 2nd tri a few months ago but didn't lose much weight this time. I'm going to try for my 3rd sprint tri in a few weeks and then my first olympic tri in late September, so hopefully I'll get fit and lose weight in the process. My problem is that even if I'm working out, I'm really bad about food. Like most swimmers, I was never too concerned about what I put in my body. I ate what I craved and lots of it. Now, even if I'm working out it's not at the same level, and certainly hurt by sitting in an office 10 hours a day. The wedding is a little bit of motivation to get back to the healthy, fit person I knwo I can be.

My fiance and I have been dating since high school, I absolutely cannot wait to marry him, and I want to look fantastic!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit like an emotional blender! Today is exactly 3 months until I say my vows! There's still so much to do - I'm excited, nervous (that I'm not going to have made the fitness progress that I wanted!), and a little stressed (b/c I'm running behind on a few scheduled To-Do's)

It's mostly all excitement, with the other two sprinkled in. My invitations was shipped today - so once those come in sometime next week, I get to start in with the assembly and addressing process!

How's everyone else doing with wedding planning and weight loss?!

Know how you feel. The 7th marked 2 months away from the wedding :noway: We're getting all the response cards in the mail and have lots of forms to fill out for our venue BUT I finally get to see my actual dress next Saturday :smile: so that's something to lighten the stress. Plus a lot of stuff is already done and now the nerves of the actual day are setting in. I'm not a fan of a lot of attention so walking down the aisle with everyone looking will be tough but luckily we're doing a Private Moment so I'll see my guy before the ceremony so we can get some nervousness out of the way .... although apparently nothing about the wedding is making him nervous haha. I guess that's good and I know he won't get cold feet ... at least 8 years later he better not haha. As for weight loss as of today I am 4.2 pounds away from my first goal and 9.2 pounds away from the lowest I want to be and the two weights I want to be between :smile:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Hello All! Just got engaged a few weeks ago and we're already deep into planning! We're aiming for May or June 2013 but haven't picked a venue yet!

Question for other brides-to-be, do I need to reach my goal weight before ordering a dress? Clearly, dropping 15 pounds by the wedding (9 months) is a lot easier than dropping it by the dress shopping (soon!)

I was a swimmer in high school and college and gained a lot of weight after I stopped swimming 5 hours a day.. shocker! I've steadied out around 152 (I'm 5'8") but I'd like to get back to feeling fit and healthy! I did manage to lose 10 lbs about a year after college while training for a triathlon, but I gained it all back. I did my 2nd tri a few months ago but didn't lose much weight this time. I'm going to try for my 3rd sprint tri in a few weeks and then my first olympic tri in late September, so hopefully I'll get fit and lose weight in the process. My problem is that even if I'm working out, I'm really bad about food. Like most swimmers, I was never too concerned about what I put in my body. I ate what I craved and lots of it. Now, even if I'm working out it's not at the same level, and certainly hurt by sitting in an office 10 hours a day. The wedding is a little bit of motivation to get back to the healthy, fit person I knwo I can be.

My fiance and I have been dating since high school, I absolutely cannot wait to marry him, and I want to look fantastic!

I ordered my dress a little over a month after getting engaged and wanted to lose the weight before it came in which was about 6 months. I'm within 4.2 pounds of my first goal and 9.2 of the second goal but I'd like to just stay between those 2 so the 9.2 isn't really in my plan anymore. My dress is in and I go for my alterations next saturday, however since it's a lace up corset top it doesn't need fitting because it can tighten or loosen. Most times you have 3 fitting for the exact reason of weight fluctuations so do your best and have a blast with planning :smile:
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Been engaged over 6 months and we finally set a date, October 19th, 2013 so have a little over a year. Im pushing myself hard. I so badly want to start browsing dresses but no way I will until at least 30lbs lighter....

We've been together almost 9 years, 2 kids.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married April 2013, my goal is at least 40 pounds! Here's hoping!
  • elkerac
    elkerac Posts: 2
    Options
    Just joined this yesterday and still trying to figure things out...
    I got engaged a few months shy of 2 years ago. We are having a long engagement because we wanted to finish college first before trying to take on another money sucker. The wedding is planned for January 18th 2014. So I have 4-7 months before I start my dress shopping so trying to get my weight down to where I was when I graduated HS 3 years ago.
    I used to go on long walks, like four hour walks, since I stopped doing that I've gradually gained weight. I've never been much for running. I was in basketball and softball up to 8th grade when I started having pain in my knee and my hip when I ran for a long time.
    I started walking. My goal is to walk like 30 miles a week. Its like 4 miles a day.
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to use a wedding as my motivation, but not my own. My sister is engaged and the wedding date is May 18th, 2013. I will graciously be the matron of honor, but I cannot do it the size I am now. I am 8 years older than my 23 year old sister, so I will not only be the oldest in the wedding party, but the only one that has had children. I have wanted to lose weight for a while, but Sam's wedding is inspiring me to get to it. I do not want to be immortilized in her wedding pics as the fat bridesmaid. I currently weigh in at 224 (YUCK!!) and my goal weight is 150. If you brides will have me, would like to join this group as a bridesmaid in need. :) Maybe along the way some of you can let me know what you loved, or wished you had, in a MOH.

Good luck! My goal date is August 27 (so that I can maintain until my Sept. 15 wedding and get appropriate alterations) - but feel free to add me for support! I plan to continue with MFP for a while to maintain the lifestyle change. Logging food and getting support on here has made a huge difference in my journey! Best of luck to you!

Hark you are about to reach your goal!!!! Just saw that you only have 2lbs to go. That is so great!!!! Keep us updated so we can continue to be inspired by your success :)

Thanks Wandering!! Still two pounds off. Weighing in again on Friday so we will see! Had to take a couple of weeks off from working on and sticking strong to the plan because I had a trial which left me with little control over my meals and no time to workout. Now I am back. Setting my plan this week to stick within my calorie goals (allowing for ONE cheat day - its Restaurant week!) and I am going to go to boxing 3 times and do other cardio 3 times. Trying to ease back into it - I'll add back in weights hopefully next week!! Almost in the one-month countdown to the wedding and about two weeks away from my final fitting (need to call and schedule the rest of my fittings so I know for sure). Going to just try to maintain after the final fitting and just tone up abs and arms for the big day :)

Sounds like everyone is excited and motivated - feel free to add me for support :)