Stop Using My Towel

Options

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    im touchy about the one i use for my hair specially since changing my diet and exercise habits im having to find a new shampoo (long hair with a sweat build up issue) and i dont want anything weird going from the towel into my hair
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm with the "use once then into the wash" crowd. Washcloths are hung up to dry before being dumped into the hamper so they don't mold, but they're never reused until they've been washed, dried, and put away. Same for the towels. They are used by one person, one time, then tossed into the hamper.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've never even considered a personal towel. Really, you're worried about him touching something when he's at his cleanest? A cuddle in bed will get a lot more germs, sweat and other 'personal icky-ness' across than the towel will.

Also, nothing wrong with sharing a toothbrush when it's necessary. You're cleaning stuff with it, how disgusting can it be? Any germs were already exchanged in a kiss, nothing the toothbrush will make worse.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Not usually a huge concern for me and SO, but I have a red towel for the necessary times, and he doesn't use it. We've also shared a toothbrush on a few occasions when one of us forgot. Everyone is different I guess.

Why not get "His/Hers" towels?
  • jpipes17
    jpipes17 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Use something of his that he does not like to share? Tell him you used his toothbrush and you hope he doenst mind! LOL See how he responds to that!

Use his razor!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wash clothes are single use, then in the basket, I use a hand sized towel if drying my face(usually air dry it, just my preference, less touching my face the better) but i don't really care about towel, it's clean, you're clean, in theory he's clean... We've even used the same towel right after one another after showering together... I don't get the tooth brush thing either... I always rinse my toothbrush out with hot water before brushing so I don't thing I'm going to get anything that I couldn't get from kissing him.

Just outta curiosity, do y'all sleep clothed?

Changing the tune here, if it's really that big of an issue to you, I would recommend sitting down n talking to him and having him pick a color of towel, or just get yourself new towels, if all of your towels and wash clothes are one color(such as pink or purple) he has no excuse such as I didn't know it was yours, and the color might be enough... but regardless how I or any other posters feel about the situation, he should respect how you feel about it. If he just can't get it, consider using a clean towel each time? then there's no wondering, u know it's clean and that he didn't use it.

gotta agree; you use the towel when you are clean right?
    I think you need to readjust you towel face cloth use here or get some help.
    If they are dirty wash them but if you and he are just finishing washing there should be no problem.
    Do you every wear his sweaters?
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    My husbands penis has been in my mouth, the faq do I care if he uses my towel?
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    how bout not reusing towels? just use a new one every time you shower then you don't have to worry about it.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My husbands penis has been in my mouth, the faq do I care if he uses my towel?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Pepper spray your towel and dump some itching powder on it so when he goes to use it he basically rubs pepper spray and itching powder all over him?

Are you five?
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My roommate used my fancy linen face cloth to do god knows what. He didn't ask. I felt violated. I made him buy me a new one.

My fiance could use my face cloth if he wanted, as I trust him not to use it on his *kitten*, etc.
  • histwinkletoes
    histwinkletoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think I must be the only one who doesn't care.

Nope, same here. I was like "I...don't see the point here?!" And then I read the whole thread and thought "Okay, I guess I'm gross" because I couldn't relate to anything. Ah well...

I don't get it either. Aren't you usually clean when you get out of the shower? So what's the big deal if someones clean balls are on your towel, I mean I'm sure your face has been near his balls before.

LMAO!! ^^THIS!! My husband and I use the same towels, drink from the same glass, etc! I don't think it's gross at all.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    So, do you not actually clean yourself in the shower? Or..?
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    people reuse towels they bathe themselves with before washing them? :noway:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    people reuse towels they bathe themselves with before washing them? :noway:
    Bathing with a towel = doing it wrong.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    All the people who "don't get it" assume this is a rational phobia for those of us who it bothers!

I mean, I have had my tongue in the boyfriend's mouth, but I won't drink after him. I KNOW that's irrational, but my brain says, "Ew!"
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    People use the same towel more than once?

eta: without washing it, I mean

This. I don't usually because I toss them on the floor after.

There are usually two sides to this. Either you reuse your towel because you say you are clean or you only use the towel once because its been used. You can't say you shower and are clean but your husband/boyfriend/SO isn't.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Lol...I'm with OP..sorry..if hubby decides to use my towel to wipe his *kitten*..I'm sooooooooooooooooooo not going to use it after him....sorry not my thang....that's extremely gross!! I put mine hanging on a door rack in front our bedroom...far far away from the bathroom...ha!!!! so far its worked..too lazy to get it.. hehe:laugh:

But it's not like he's using it to wipe after he's pooped. He's just cleaned himself, and therefore just wiping off water. How is that gross?

Its gross if I decide to wipe my hands where his *kitten* was on...or what really bugs the hell outta me..is if I see the kids wipe their face on it after brushing their teeth and such..and he just used the nasty towel..

Sorry, I throw ALL towels in laundry right after letting it hang dry for the day...once used and in it goes to laundry..Hubby gets pissed when I do...oh freakin' hell..does it matter as long as the laundry gets done, especially by me..he just likes to gripe...
    I'm also not into sniffing someones' clean *kitten* crack on my hands...once I wash and dry them...
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Lol...I'm with OP..sorry..if hubby decides to use my towel to wipe his *kitten*..I'm sooooooooooooooooooo not going to use it after him....sorry not my thang....that's extremely gross!! I put mine hanging on a door rack in front our bedroom...far far away from the bathroom...ha!!!! so far its worked..too lazy to get it.. hehe:laugh:

But it's not like he's using it to wipe after he's pooped. He's just cleaned himself, and therefore just wiping off water. How is that gross?

Its gross if I decide to wipe my hands where his *kitten* was on...or what really bugs the hell outta me..is if I see the kids wipe their face on it after brushing their teeth and such..and he just used the nasty towel..

Sorry, I throw ALL towels in laundry right after letting it hang dry for the day...once used and in it goes to laundry..Hubby gets pissed when I do...oh freakin' hell..does it matter as long as the laundry gets done, especially by me..he just likes to gripe...
    I'm also not into sniffing someones' clean *kitten* crack on my hands...once I wash and dry them...

Do you wash your hands after putting clothes in the washer?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was never even questioned in our home, or in my lifetime. We all had our own towel rack and everybody used their own towel. I totally agree with you. I don't think that makes us freaky, just touchy about anything that touches our *kitten* or someone else's and then touching our faces. We just don't want that to happen!

Same here. Only thing I'd suggest is to hide your towel or bring your own one in and take it out when you're done. LOL