How do you fit a workout in?

Options
124»

Replies

• chloeraesmommy
    Options
    I pay $12 a month for my daughter to be watched in the daycare at the gym, i go right after work
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Get a nice run in during my lunch hour and I got a spot set up I can do some ab work and kick out a few pushups during the day. Also I run/walk stairs all the time I actually go out of my way to go up stairs if I need to only go one flight (where my office/work area is) I go all the way to the top (5 flights) then back down do this several times a day.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I tried going at night, but mainly I go at about 4am.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I workout after work...its jsut something I DO...I make time- period!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Find a gym with childcare! I felt terribly guilty about leaving my three kids in childcare when I first started going to the gym. As it turns out, they LOVE going and have made lots of friends there and I love having my hour or so to myself to do what I need to do for me (and for them!). :)
    I personally found I could not do this....my children would invariably get sick after going to the gym childcare. Who knows...maybe it was just my gym's childcare that has this effect.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Get up early to squeeze a workout in
    walk/run with kids in stroller
    walk/run on your lunch
    join a gym that provides babysitting
    find a friend/significant other/ family member to watch the kids (I used to have my nephew watch my kids and I worked out at home while he kept the kids busy....afterwards we'd have a movie night)
    workout when the kids go to bed
  • chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Early morning before my day starts. It's so much easier than trying to fit it in after.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I am usually up at 3:30am, leave for work at 5:30am after getting my children's medications for the day ready and myself ready, work 7am-4pm, commute home and run any errands that need doing. Get home around 5:15-5:45 depending on traffic... supper is usually while I am in front of computer working on my studies (full time student too), then it's workout time around 8 or 9pm. In bed by 10:30ish. It CAN work..and I sleep like a baby after getting all loosened up from my workout too! The first few days I was pumped up and it was difficult, after that it was 2nd nature. Now I can't sleep UNLESS I workout right before bed
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Is it ok to wait until 10:00 at night to try to workout or is that too hard on your ability to fall asleep after you're done?

I work out at 10:00 sometimes. Almost nothing affects my ability to fall asleep though so I have no problems there.

^^Ditto for me. Sometimes you just gotta fit it in when you can! WoW! though, you do have a hectic schedule! good Luck!