OVER 200 CLUB NEW YEAR NEW BODY (OPEN GROUP) Part 2

Options

Replies

• Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Oh JennBarrette - Zumba question, no you don't have to be coordinated. If you've ever taken an aerobics or step class, you could pick up Zumba no problem at all. It's like a more dancy form of aerobics, and you can burn up to 700 calories in an hour depending on your intensity.
  • amarek
    amarek Posts: 16
    Options
    Good Afternoon. I am just now diving into this website. I had no idea it has all this support. I need to loose over 100 lbs and am excited to see all the great motivation and tips on here. Any tips on how to best utilize the site?
  • madgoth
    madgoth Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi,

I am well over 200 and not doing too well getting on track. I keep eating sweets, it seems like I want them more now that I am trying to eat better.

I decided just to join this group and to keep logging my food in so I see how many calories they are and perhaps that will wake me up and help me stop.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I would like to join this group, do yo weigh in each week? Details?
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group, do yo weigh in each week? Details?
    Welcome all you newcomers.We weigh in on Fridays but we check in daily with one another with are calories for the day,water,exercise and something we are proud of that day.Our biggest loser each week picks the challenge for the following week.You all are going to love the support and motivation you get from this group.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new comers.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome newcomers! :flowerforyou:

This weeks challenge is to cut out sugar and corn syrup! It's amazing what you find when you start reading the ingredients of your favorite foods! I had a bite of a chocolate today - remembered and tossed the other half into the trash. That goes against everything I was raised to believe:grumble:

My day started off OK - I slept in a little, deciding that going into work a little later than normal wouldn't be an issue. I was able to put in ALMOST an hour on the elliptical in the garage but I think my finger tips might have a few frost bite spots! Gloves will be worn tomorrow for sure! I had a light breakfast and an apple at 11:30 - then went on a brisk walk at lunch with the guys! I was doing so well!:bigsmile:

Until we passed the Indian restaurant on the way back to the office. :huh: At that point I faltered. :angry: A co-worker offered to buy and I was TOAST! I limited myself to two small wedges of nann and about 1/3 cup of rice - but I probably ate about 3 cups of various curries:love: ! Chicken and lentils and omg it was soooo good! I'm estimating about 800 calories?:ohwell:

Maybe I can get another 30 minutes in on the elliptical machine tonight? Or maybe I'll just have to go under tomorrow.:frown:

Now I'm drinking some green tea and reminding myself I'm going to stumble and I'm going to get up and I'm going to keep walking this new way of life!:wink:
  • Rororosie
    Rororosie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Calories - I think I went over yesterday but haven't tallied yet. Was fighting a cold and colds make me so ravenous.
    Exercise - none because of fighting off the cold
    Water - I'm pretty sure I'm good on this for same reason, fighting a cold gets me to drink a lot of water!
    Proud - I am pretty emo about my dating situation; but managed not to overreact to his not calling / texting me yesterday.

So Friday night I had my second real date with Sam. It went very well. Then Saturday I had him over for dinner and we watched a movie together and that went very well too. Then he said as he left that he would call me Sunday. Sunday I was fighting the cold and not feeling well. I ended up sleeping a lot, and not getting all my goals for the day done. And he didn't text or call me, but he did later 1 a.m. Sunday for him was very busy and I knew it, but he had said he would call so I felt upset by it.

But he texted me a lot at 1 a.m. He had two service committee meetings, Spanish homework, and a recovery meeting to chair that day. Plus his day is more like from noon to early a.m. because he works the 4 p.m. - 2 a.m. shift at his job whereas my day is more like from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. I think I'll give him a pass on this one but I mentioned it in passing, that I took what he said literally. If it recurs, I might try to ask him about it, and make sure he knows that when he says he will talk to me tomorrow I think it means he will text or call me on that day. It seems like this could be a common male failing and that I am taking it too hard especially when you put together the whole package of how he is overall, but on the other hand, it could just be a hint of a real problem.

Now on food and e, I have this cold still. I am thinking that I will have to skip yoga class tonight but have not yet called in. I am sneezing coughing just a little, very fatigued, a bit fuzzy headed, and having a hard time making a decision. I kind of wanted to leave work early, then I started feeling a little better. I have no sick time so if I go home I will have to make up the hours somehow or lose them from my paycheck. I think I should not go to Yoga and take the chance of passing this cold along to my friends (I will reserve that "treat" for my coworkers, ha ha... well I am making sure to use my kleenex and wash hands a lot) and go home just a wee bit early, not too early, as late as I can.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Checking in
    Calories 1440
    Exercise -Cleaned for 3 hours an I am going to finish cleaning here in a few minutes
    Water not yet but I will get it all in
    Proud that I am not giving up
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Here comes the pneumonia girl. Yes, I have it again - or it never left. :sick: Back on the old steroids and levaquin. Ugh. I stocked up on carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower this time. NO MORE RAVENOUS STEROID BINGEING ON SWEETS!!! :laugh:
    pos_me - I do not get headaches from splenda. As a matter of fact, I get headaches from all the other fakes: sweet -n-low, equal, etc., but never from splenda. Weird.
    awestfall - I am so proud of you! :flowerforyou: Congrats on the weight loss! I think you cutting to 60 mins is really gonna help.
    steph - You passed up your favorite G.S. cookies? Sell ME some of that motivation and willpower! Good for you! :flowerforyou:
    Welcome, amarek, madgoth, and sara. :flowerforyou: You will love it here. Being accountable every night by reporting my calories, water, exercise and proud moment has really helped me get into my journey successfully. I am grateful every day that I found this group - the best one on MFP! :bigsmile:

check-in:
    cals: in range
    water: 64
    exercise: only 40 mins bike (while at the doc's for the pneumonia he also told me I tore my meniscus, which has been killing me!)
    proud: One of my sixth grade boys at lunch today said, "You are doing a good job losing weight. I can tell." First of all, you NEVER expect that out of a 12-yr-old boy's mouth, EVER (LOL), and second, it made me feel like a million bucks. I responded with "Thanks, Kenyon - I am working hard at it. I have lost 37 pounds so far." Well, I guess the whole table was listening, because all of a sudden twelve 6th graders broke out into applause. For ME! :blushing: I feel so good - still riding on that high! :bigsmile:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    bluenote
    Here comes the pneumonia girl. Yes, I have it again - or it never left. :sick: Back on the old steroids and levaquin. Ugh. I stocked up on carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower this time. NO MORE RAVENOUS STEROID BINGEING ON SWEETS!!! :laugh:
    pos_me - I do not get headaches from splenda. As a matter of fact, I get headaches from all the other fakes: sweet -n-low, equal, etc., but never from splenda. Weird.
    awestfall - I am so proud of you! :flowerforyou: Congrats on the weight loss! I think you cutting to 60 mins is really gonna help.
    steph - You passed up your favorite G.S. cookies? Sell ME some of that motivation and willpower! Good for you! :flowerforyou:
    Welcome, amarek, madgoth, and sara. :flowerforyou: You will love it here. Being accountable every night by reporting my calories, water, exercise and proud moment has really helped me get into my journey successfully. I am grateful every day that I found this group - the best one on MFP! :bigsmile:

check-in:
    exercise: only 40 mins bike (while at the doc's for the pneumonia he also told me I tore my meniscus, which has been killing me!)
    proud: One of my sixth grade boys at lunch today said, "You are doing a good job losing weight. I can tell." First of all, you NEVER expect that out of a 12-yr-old boy's mouth, EVER (LOL), and second, it made me feel like a million bucks. I responded with "Thanks, Kenyon - I am working hard at it. I have lost 37 pounds so far." Well, I guess the whole table was listening, because all of a sudden twelve 6th graders broke out into applause. For ME! :blushing: I feel so good - still riding on that high! :bigsmile:

Sounds like despite your illness/torn meniscus you had an incredible day! I hope you get better soon! Get some rest also.. I am proud of you for working so hard.. 37lbs is incredible!!!
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bluenote

check-in:

Sounds like despite your illness/torn meniscus you had an incredible day! I hope you get better soon! Get some rest also.. I am proud of you for working so hard.. 37lbs is incredible!!!

Bless your heart! my husband broke his meniscus and went a year before he found a doctor that could tell him what was wrong. I seen the pain he went through, he had a total knee replacement last year. Good luck!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You made me grin with this Zora! I'm so happy for you!!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am well over 200 and not doing too well getting on track. I keep eating sweets, it seems like I want them more now that I am trying to eat better.

I decided just to join this group and to keep logging my food in so I see how many calories they are and perhaps that will wake me up and help me stop.

MOM! *hugs* :heart: :heart: :heart: Glad you found the thread. :happy: Every day (if you can) We check in with whehter or not we made our calorie goals, our water goals, and if we've done any exercise. Then type one thing you're proud of...and every friday we weigh in and see who did best, then make another challenge. Also post if you need help with something or have questions. yay! glad you're here!
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Checking in

Calories- under
    water- almost
    excercise-none
    Proud- That I am under on my calories and I am still logging my food. Any other time I would have already quit. yippeee! Skinny, here I come!:bigsmile: :smokin:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You made me grin with this Zora! I'm so happy for you!!

That is soo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    checking in
    calories had almost 500 to spare so did quite well today
    exercise 60 min
    water... almost there
    Proud... Proud I am back on the wagon and that I am starting to feel better!!

Today one of my coworkers said.... "you look... pause... narrower.. are you loosing weight?" Made me smile from ear to ear.. It has taken 33 lbs for people to start noticing.. I guess when you are a tall person 5 ft 11 it takes a little more for people to notice. At any rate my day has been AWESOME.. the energy is slowing starting to increase and I feel pretty good!

see you guys tomorrow!!
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    One of my sixth grade boys at lunch today said, "You are doing a good job losing weight. I can tell." First of all, you NEVER expect that out of a 12-yr-old boy's mouth, EVER (LOL), and second, it made me feel like a million bucks. I responded with "Thanks, Kenyon - I am working hard at it. I have lost 37 pounds so far." Well, I guess the whole table was listening, because all of a sudden twelve 6th graders broke out into applause. For ME! :blushing: I feel so good - still riding on that high! :bigsmile:

That is so great!!!! Applause, applause, applause!
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    Today one of my coworkers said.... "you look... pause... narrower.. are you loosing weight?" Made me smile from ear to ear.. It has taken 33 lbs for people to start noticing.. I guess when you are a tall person 5 ft 11 it takes a little more for people to notice. At any rate my day has been AWESOME.. the energy is slowing starting to increase and I feel pretty good!

see you guys tomorrow!!

Whew Hoo!!! don't you LOVE THAT!!!
  • awestfall
    Options

check-in:
    Thanks I am really trying hard!!! I weighed myself this evening after all that cleaning and I weighed in at 232 and I was excited.So we will see for sure in the morning.I think I may have pneumonia again too I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see what my deal is.