What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Replies

• Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Almond milk and peanut butter!!!! Such a comfort food for me! Feeds the soul.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    cinnomin,and flaxseed
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 97 Member
    Oatmeal with flax, a mashed banana, and a splash of milk. No sweetener. It's sweet enough!
  • rosasharon
    rosasharon Posts: 38 Member
    i do both sweet and savoury :) sweet seems well covered in this thread so.. make my oatmeal with just water, not milk.

i sometimes poach an egg to go on top of of my oatmeal, loads of freshly ground black pepper and sometimes a tiny bit of sharp cheddar. the egg yolk runs all over the oatmeal and it's sooooo good!

also, every now and then i'll put a dollop of marmite on the top and gobble it up. avocado is a lovely addition here too...
  • DJRamone
    DJRamone Posts: 4 Member
    Chia seeds and extra water to bulk up my meal to help keep me hydrated and full all morning. Chia seeds are loaded with omega-3s... Great stuff... Love it.
  • 2/3 cup of organic fat free milk and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. LOVE MY OATMEAL!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Only skim milk
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Exactly 16g of brown sugar
  • Raisins, cardamom and margarine.
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    berries, raw sunflower nuts, flax seeds, unsweetened coconut, walnuts
  • Noting usually. Maybe cinnamon. Usually just soak it in water over night & eat in morning. :)
  • Peanut butter and cinnamon.
    Peanut butter and sugar free jelly.
    Overnight oats which is greek yogurt, cinnamon, peanut butter, protien powder.
    Cocoa powder.
    All kinds of fruits.
    Nuts.
    Avocado ( savory oats )
    sweet potato
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Like it savory.
    Cheese
    onion
    salsa
    maybe tuna or chicken
    little spinach
    and poached eggs on top:-)
  • oatmeal+skim milk+cake batter protein powder+natural unsweetened cocoa+ low sodium peanut butter= yes i just ate chocolate peanut butter cake for breakfast! nom nom nom
  • LinFields
    LinFields Posts: 18 Member
    I use Nature's Path organic instant (hate it but it's easy) cinnamon and raisin oatmeal and only put 1/2 tsp. Splenda brown sugar on it. Yum!!!:wink:
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    i put soy milk, greek yogurt, and chia seeds in my overnight oats -

i vary it by adding blueberries, strawberries, banana, chunky PB, chunky applesauce, cinnamon, honey... yummmmmmmmmmmm
  • movolans
    movolans Posts: 2 Member
    I eat oatmeal every morning and use whole milk, raisins, banana, a little baked apple and plenty of cinnamon. Nice! Comes to around 400 calories. I follow this with plenty of water and my vitamin / omega oil dose.
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    I make baked oatmeal with applesauce, blueberries and crushed pineapple. Breakfast made for the week and it is soooo good.
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Depends on what mood I'm in. Applesauce with cinnimon or dried cranberries and almonds or half a banana. I use almond milk as well. All of them are delish.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    I get the flavored oatmeal and just a little of 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'. Fills me right up.
This discussion has been closed.