What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Almond milk and peanut butter!!!! Such a comfort food for me! Feeds the soul.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    cinnomin,and flaxseed
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with flax, a mashed banana, and a splash of milk. No sweetener. It's sweet enough!
  • rosasharon
    rosasharon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i do both sweet and savoury :) sweet seems well covered in this thread so.. make my oatmeal with just water, not milk.

i sometimes poach an egg to go on top of of my oatmeal, loads of freshly ground black pepper and sometimes a tiny bit of sharp cheddar. the egg yolk runs all over the oatmeal and it's sooooo good!

also, every now and then i'll put a dollop of marmite on the top and gobble it up. avocado is a lovely addition here too...
  • DJRamone
    DJRamone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds and extra water to bulk up my meal to help keep me hydrated and full all morning. Chia seeds are loaded with omega-3s... Great stuff... Love it.
  • determined136
    Options
    2/3 cup of organic fat free milk and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. LOVE MY OATMEAL!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Only skim milk
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Exactly 16g of brown sugar
  • NotGivingUpDammit
    Options
    Raisins, cardamom and margarine.
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    berries, raw sunflower nuts, flax seeds, unsweetened coconut, walnuts
  • cassiel84
    Options
    Noting usually. Maybe cinnamon. Usually just soak it in water over night & eat in morning. :)
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    Peanut butter and cinnamon.
    Peanut butter and sugar free jelly.
    Overnight oats which is greek yogurt, cinnamon, peanut butter, protien powder.
    Cocoa powder.
    All kinds of fruits.
    Nuts.
    Avocado ( savory oats )
    sweet potato
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Like it savory.
    Cheese
    onion
    salsa
    maybe tuna or chicken
    little spinach
    and poached eggs on top:-)
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    oatmeal+skim milk+cake batter protein powder+natural unsweetened cocoa+ low sodium peanut butter= yes i just ate chocolate peanut butter cake for breakfast! nom nom nom
  • LinFields
    LinFields Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use Nature's Path organic instant (hate it but it's easy) cinnamon and raisin oatmeal and only put 1/2 tsp. Splenda brown sugar on it. Yum!!!:wink:
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i put soy milk, greek yogurt, and chia seeds in my overnight oats -

i vary it by adding blueberries, strawberries, banana, chunky PB, chunky applesauce, cinnamon, honey... yummmmmmmmmmmm
  • movolans
    movolans Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning and use whole milk, raisins, banana, a little baked apple and plenty of cinnamon. Nice! Comes to around 400 calories. I follow this with plenty of water and my vitamin / omega oil dose.
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Options
    I make baked oatmeal with applesauce, blueberries and crushed pineapple. Breakfast made for the week and it is soooo good.
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Depends on what mood I'm in. Applesauce with cinnimon or dried cranberries and almonds or half a banana. I use almond milk as well. All of them are delish.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I get the flavored oatmeal and just a little of 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'. Fills me right up.