Tuna Fish: What do you do with it w/o the mayo?????

Replies

• lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Miracle Whip light with a boiled egg and dill relish...
  • A little olive oil with lemon juice and fresh cracked pepper - capers are good with it this way, too if you like them!

Hummus is awesome with it

Spicy mustard
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    A little bit of hummus.

THIS! I found this out by experimenting, because I HATE mayo, but love tuna, and love hummus. A flavored hummus is awesome - I love jalapeno with tuna. I put avocado and pickles with some toasted bread. Favorite. Sandwich. Ever.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Spicy Brown Mustard...or Grey Poupon (depending on what class of person you are).
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Greek yog
    Cottage cheese

I pretty much sub Greek yog for anything that has mayo in it. I've even made potato salad dressed with olive oil, Greek yog and just enough mayo that my family thinks it's normal potato salad.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    A little bit of hummus.

I use garlic hummus 2 tb = 70 calories. I make that with two cans of tuna.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    with salsa, or egg, or ontop of a salad....for fewer calories you can use mustard , it does actually taste alright :tongue:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    nothing wrong with a tbsp of mayo....sheesh
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    If I want a tuna sandwhich/wrap I mix it with mustard.

Or I buy the little cans of flavored tuna and eat it with crackers or a wrap.
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Funny, I'm eating tuna right now without mayo for the very first time.

I actually hate, HATE, hate mayo. I think it's the most disgusting thing EVER, but I always put a tiiiiiny bit in my tuna to keep it from being so dry. Today, I used Greek yogurt. I didn't use much (maybe a teaspoon or so), but in the tiny amount I used, there is no fat, 17 calories, and 3g of protein. Didn't affect the taste at all. :)
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    I buy the Kraft Lite mayo made with olive oil. It's much better than regular mayo and it taste good.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    tablespoon of olive oil reduced fat mayo, boiled egg whites, chopped apple and relish on crackers or bread
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    put in the trash can......lol! Seriously, I like a little tuna with my mayo so it's not worth it to me to eat it. I have mixed it with the light olive oil mayo and dijonaise and it was ok...still not my favorite though. Now fresh tuna is another story :)
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Lime juice :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    salsa or italian dressing
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    I've used greek yogurt as a mayo replacer
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Assuming you mean canned tuna:

Avocado mashed or even Guacamole

Hummus

salsa

Avocado and salsa

mustard

All non traditional, but I like them.
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    I like to get the small flavored tuna cans from Clover Leaf. my favorite is lemon and pepper. And since its flavored, you don't have to add anything :)
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    I add Billybee honey mustard 2tsp, 2tsp minced garlic, 2tsp flaxmeal, 10 dashes of pepper, 5 dashes of cayenne pepper and some times scallions and Parmesan cheese. Try using safflower mayo if you still want the mayo in your tuna.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I normally don't omit mayo. I just use less. But when I'm in the mood for something different I add...

Wasabi paste
    Flavored olive oil
    Avocado