Tuna Fish: What do you do with it w/o the mayo?????

Options

Replies

• Proudflmomof2
    Options
    I usually go with mustard...
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I can't tune a piano but I can tune-a-fish
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I get the tuna in olive oil and strain it. Then I mix it in with one of those 'steamer' bags of whole green beans or one of the veggie mixes for a quick, hot, and cheap lunch.
  • Mistychristensen
    Mistychristensen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I put a little bit of fat free mayo, mustard, pickles, onions and hardboiled egg whites...yummy!
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I can't do it w/o mayo. So I use Hellmans 1Tbsp Low-fat Mayo and 1 Tbsp pickle relish
  • cybreyes
    cybreyes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I mix my tuna with Pico de Gallo (garlic, tomatoes, onion, cliantro, jalapenos with lemon and seasoning )- really tasty!
  • pippa890
    Options
    My favourite sandwich shop does mexican tuna filler. It's got mayo in it but I'm sure it's just as good without.......
    Tuna, kidney beans, finely chopped celery, chilli and spring onion. Maybe add a tiny bit of olive oil or a vinegarette if you need more moisture. It's gorgeous though :-)
  • abizek
    abizek Posts: 1
    Options
    I use an avacodo with dill pickle. Yummy!
  • Jdonato1122
    Jdonato1122 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thai Tuna Salad
    Printer Friendly Version Printer Friendly

Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Ingredients:

3 cans of tuna, drained

1 medium red bell pepper, diced

1/2 red onion, diced

1 cucumber, sliced thinly and diced

3/4 cup sesame oil

Juice of 1 lime

Salt and pepper, to taste

Sesame seeds, as garnish
    Instructions:

In a large bowl, break up the tuna into smaller pieces.
    Mix in the red bell pepper, red onion, and cucumber. Pour the sesame oil on top and stir to combine everything. Lastly add the juice of 1 lime and stir again to combine.
    Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
  • bethf0103
    bethf0103 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mmm Great suggestions I have been eating tuna and mixed peppers with Philadelphia light wrapped in salted lettuce leaves. Some of these suggestions sound amazing. Dinner tonight! :)
  • jenbrownjkb
    jenbrownjkb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use infused olive oils.. Red pepper, or chili infused are my favorites. :)
  • hullchris
    hullchris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cook some whole grain pasta.
    Heat some evoo throw in some minced garlic.
    Then toss the pasta and tuna with the garlic and oil.
    Lastly top with some parmesan.
    Very tasty.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've used light Catalina salad dressing in place of mayonnaise before; liked it a lot.
  • tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I use light mayo (helmans-35 cal per serving) and very little of it (just enough to have it stick together). It's how I've always eaten tuna and tastes good to me!

me too...and I mix up chopped pickles, chopped red onion, chopped lettuce (or actually fresh spinach is great), and such a small small amount of helmans light - not even a whole serving. Since the other ingredients are "wet" - it all seems to stick together.
    It was my husband's secret recipe (WAS as I have shared it many times now)....o, and pepper, lots of pepper....
  • tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Some things should never go without mayo. I don't think I could completely eliminate mayo from my diet. In moderation, what's the big deal?

I so agree, I do not light to exclude anything - and I also like to use real butter while cooking (not tuna fish obviously). You need it to balance.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Sriracha Tuna
    2 cans tuna in water, drained
    1/2 cup Greek yogurt ( I use either Fage or Chobani)
    5 tsp Sriracha (little more, little less; to taste pretty much)

Mix all well. I either make my sandwich with Ezekiel break or romaine lettuce depending on my intake for the day.
  • OneLove924
    Options
    You can also try Avocado mixed with it. You can substitue anything with Mayo with Avocado, like deviled eggs also. It has alot of nutritional value including Vitamin E, The B-Vitamins, and Folic Acid!!!
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I eat it in coleslaw with the calorie wise coleslaw dressing. Its yummy :)
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    usually i add a bit of salad dressing to it, or olive oil and seasonings, then stick in in a food processor to create a tuna salad without the mayo